!!DYNAMIC WEATHER!! great realism!

JEFX

I made an experiment with dynamic weather and the CDU : O found something great:

I made a dynamic weather system where there are all sorts of different wind intensity and directions (symbolised by those funny little music notes...)

I made a simple flight from a point where the little music note has only half a stem, straight to where it has 3 stems (32nd notes for musicians...)

And when flying with accelerated time, I dialed in the CDU page with STP where you can see the winds and it gave me a steady increase from an initial 3 kts to a 16 kts at the end... And the wind direction changed gradually from 269 to 315, which is exactly the direction of the long stems of the music notes in the ME!

Brilliant! That means that the CDU is really giving us the actual wind bearing and speed for real!!!

another littl great realism detail!

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

I didn't mean to be picky. It's just that many (most?) people don't realize the importance of weather modeling let alone atmosphere dynamics modeling. Simply put it's the thing that real pilots treat as crucial while sim players usually neglect it (weather, flight preparation). Consequently it's the area where we could see vast improvements we didn't even think of as players.

What has blown me away with this sim is the turbulence close to the ground.

Try flying low over a ridge line. you experience what feels like updraft. (Not sure if it is simply low level turbulence as the terrain rises to meet you.) NOE flying has never been so much fun.

Tom

Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, Intel i7 920 Corsair H70 water cooled @4GHz), Corsair XMS3 12GB (6x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C8 (1600MHz) Tri-Channel, Nvidia GTX780, OCZ Vertex 256GB SSD (for OS+DCS), TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS + Saitek Rudder

i just started putting dynamic weather in a mission and its pretty dam cool.

each time i restart the mission the weather is different.

I have noticed the turbulence is more intense as well.

I havent seen the "notes"... where can i fiind them?

i7 8700K @ 4.4Ghz, 16G 3200 RAM, Nvidia 1080Ti, T16000 HOTAS, TIR5, 75" DLP Monitor

As a sim pilot, I want to practice my accuracy and technique. Obviously, having different weather/wind conditions will "taint" this attempt -- I prefer to miss due to my errors than having to wonder if the wind did it.

When I am a bit better, I would fiddle with such, but not at the moment.

- Ice

i just started putting dynamic weather in a mission and its pretty dam cool.

each time i restart the mission the weather is different.

I have noticed the turbulence is more intense as well.

I havent seen the "notes"... where can i fiind them?

The notes are seen in the ME when you have the dynamic weather edit window open.... BTW, in my own missions the weather is the same every time even though I use DW. Are you sure you have experienced such randomization, peraphs some random trigger is causing this change? Could someone confirm?

Edit: one note one the turbulence; to me it seems like that the number you enter in the turbulence field is not multiplied by 0.1 like with normal weather. Ie: 0.7ms in normal weather becomes 7.0ms in DW.(!) I have not been able to confirm this yet, perhaps someone else has noted this?

Edited by Inseckt

Help Beczl with his DCS MiG-21Bis project

by Pre-Ordering DCS MiG-21Bis module NOW!

CLICK HERE TO GO TO PRE-ORDER PAGE AT INDIEGOGO