RAF Fairford RIAT 2005 (Pics)

ooo thats too close lmao

I read on the rec.aviation.military newsgroup that the pilot managed to scare himself (and the crowd) by getting far too close to the ground during his display. This photo looks like it might be that manoeuvre! Either that or the undercarriage goes up very quickly indeed on takeoff :-)

Andrew McP

No. thats the manoeuvre. See that its over the grass and not the runway.

Might has cooked a few rabbits that hang around the side of the runway.

He probably hit the panic button that makes the fighter return to wings level flight in a slightly climbing attitude and 350kts. But I think he's going much faster than that.

Gosh,

And I just saw a video of a Su-27 plane crashing into a crowd at an air show in Ukraine in 2002. Apparently the pilots managed to eject and survive but have been sentenced to quite prison sentence as well as fined very heavily.

I read on the rec.aviation.military newsgroup that the pilot managed to scare himself (and the crowd) by getting far too close to the ground during his display. This photo looks like it might be that manoeuvre! Either that or the undercarriage goes up very quickly indeed on takeoff :-)

Andrew McP

u got a link to this site?

He said

"rec.aviation.military"

It's a newsgroup, you can use Outlook Express or Thunderbird to read them, or you can use Google Groups. They are basically like forums, but not web-based, and don't require registering etc. You should be able to set up your choice of newsgroup client to retrieve and post to the groups, your ISP should have the necessary settings and details. Not every ISP carries every news group though.

Andrew McP

The typhoon nearly suffered a fatal crash on the Friday practice, search Google.

That's why I posted that image :)

F-22's!!

I've whitnessed 2 f-22's zoom climb from takeoff to a non-visible altitude. I've got home video of it, just need a way to up load it. They climbed so effortlessly it was rediculous.

Althlon X2 6400+ 3.2 ghz

EVGA 8800GT SC - 512mb

X-45

MOMO pedals

Andrew McP

Yes, that's the bottom of the loop.

I followed the thread on airshows.co.uk forum with the disscusion that followed since the day it happened. It has now 28993 views and 174 postings with a plenty of posted pictures.

http://www.ukar.co.uk/board/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=10;t=4868;st=0