Just ordered Steelbeasts pro pe!

Pigmachine

How many here play around with it? Is it worth the money, if you're mainly going to play it solo?

CPU i7-6700K 4,3Ghz, RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666M 2x16GB, GPU Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080, Monitor Benq 24" 1920x1080 @ 144Hz, MB ASUS Z170-A, OS Win 10 Pro (Creators ED), HOTAS X52 Pro, VR Oculus Rift Cv1

Funny you mention it, I've been looking at it myself. I've always enjoyed all aspects of combat vehicle simulation. I played M1 Tank Platoon II back in the day.

What keeps turning me off a little is that on the gameplay videos I see, I see alot of external views, and just gunner view as well... how is the game actually played?

Edited by Speed

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Wags you wouldn't be playing this for research would you? You working on some advanced ground based element? Maybe I should go to SIMHQ and start a rumor LOL.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you like tanks and you don't bother of a'la Falcon's graphic there you will be OK. It's been said it is the most realistic tank sim so far. It is expensive but if you have no idea what to buy you can consider that application :)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

It's great for solo and you can crew the commander, driver and gunners position. Call in artillery and air strikes. Pop in and out of any tank either side with ease. Recreate any modern tank battle and make up your own. It runs great on max settings. Initial load times are average but after that its very well optimized. After the battles you can check out what happened with a great AAR that even has armour penetration tracking.

The graphics are from 2006 (OFP like) but the big view distance makes up for that. Everything else in that game is superb, especially the missions.

The worst thing about the game is my ability to misplace the usb-key :doh:

I've got 99 problems but my Ekran ain't one

The worst thing about the game is my ability to misplace the usb-key :doh:

Hahah, do you have to buy the game again if that happens?

CPU i7-6700K 4,3Ghz, RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666M 2x16GB, GPU Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080, Monitor Benq 24" 1920x1080 @ 144Hz, MB ASUS Z170-A, OS Win 10 Pro (Creators ED), HOTAS X52 Pro, VR Oculus Rift Cv1

What about controllers? What do I need to control the stations? A wheel? Is a joystick like an X52 fine? Are rudder pedals necessary? Is Track IR supported? Is track IR necessary in the first place?

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

I'll come back with info on it when I get my copy in the mail, if no one else beats me to it.

What about controllers? What do I need to control the stations? A wheel? Is a joystick like an X52 fine? Are rudder pedals necessary? Is Track IR supported? Is track IR necessary in the first place?

- I've tried a joystick, but game joysticks are just not accurate enough imho. Playing this game with a mouse is fine.

- You control the stations by clicking buttons or using key combo's.

- I wouldn't know what to use the rudder pedals for.

- TrackIr is not supported, but there is some tir 2 mousecursor trick you can use I think. TrackIr is not required to play this game well. If you need to do look 360 every 10 seconds then you're probably doing something wrong :smilewink:

I've got 99 problems but my Ekran ain't one

I'd use a joystick. Any basic stick with a few buttons is enough. No TrackIR, but I can't see it adding much.

DCS Wiki! :book:

Can you choose your own tank, when joining multiplayer? Or do you have to adapt to some unfamiliar tank, when joining?

Can you choose your own tank, when joining multiplayer? Or do you have to adapt to some unfamiliar tank, when joining?

You can only join whichever is available. Just means you have to practice a bit more, is all. Versatility ;)

Although MP missions are usually with Leos or M1s, so if you know either FCS you ought to be fine.

DCS Wiki! :book:

Bah! I just want to drive the Swedish version of the leopard (STRV 122)

Guess I have to make my own scenarios, where the Russians come in as fast as immigrants, trying to take over Sweden! :P