Drag chute wont release

Adder_667th

Noticed this in FC V1.1, think its a bug. Not sure if this one has been posted so i'll mention it anyway.

Aircraft: SU-25T

Upon landing I deployed the drag chute (p), the chute deploys but wont release at all (i think it should detach automatically at 50-60kph), even when the plane is completley stopped the chute is flapping around like there was a 150kt wind in it.

Also during a colision on runway that almost destroyed the aircraft, the drag chutes were still in remarkable condition & flapping around like they had helium in them :)

Otherwise the sim rocks!!

Intel Conroe Core2 E6600(2.4ghz), Asus P5N32-E SLI, Nvidia 8800gts, 2Gb RAM, Vista OS.

• ED Team
You can press P again to release the chute if i remember correctly.

Correct! :)

Or You can increase engine RPM. ;)

(Hold wheel brakes)

Best Regards, Dmitry.

"Чтобы дойти до цели, надо прежде всего идти." © О. Бальзак

• ED Team
Noticed this in FC V1.1, think its a bug. Not sure if this one has been posted so i'll mention it anyway.

Aircraft: SU-25T

Upon landing I deployed the drag chute (p), the chute deploys but wont release at all (i think it should detach automatically at 50-60kph), even when the plane is completley stopped the chute is flapping around like there was a 150kt wind in it.

Also during a colision on runway that almost destroyed the aircraft, the drag chutes were still in remarkable condition & flapping around like they had helium in them :)

Otherwise the sim rocks!!

It flaps after full stop due to egines thrust. Just try to add thrust and you will see "something". ;)

On Su-25T you must to press "P" key again to release shute (or add thrust - it will be "released" ;) ).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

• ED Team
... even when the plane is completley stopped the chute is flapping around like there was a 150kt wind in it.

It's engines' thrust. ;)

Best Regards, Dmitry.

"Чтобы дойти до цели, надо прежде всего идти." © О. Бальзак

OK cool, so now I know how to release it cheers for that...but do you think it should still remain fully inflated when the plane is stopped? surley is a bug? in real life it would drop to the ground no?

Example in my vid here: http://www.la15mary3.com/movies/su25t_ship_strike.wmv

right click & save target as.

Intel Conroe Core2 E6600(2.4ghz), Asus P5N32-E SLI, Nvidia 8800gts, 2Gb RAM, Vista OS.

Adder_667th, as two members already explained, chute is not going to flat even if your plane stopped, simply because idle engines makes a lot of "wind" to make sure chute will stay up :)

if you switch your engines off - then you'll see chute getting flat on the ground.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]