R-27EA in LOFC2?

Su-27S/SK with capabilities as per the available manual.

Thanks.

KNAAPO said: "Su-27SK can carry up to six R-27R1 (R-27ER1) air-to-air medium-range missiles with semi-active radar homing heads, up to two R-27T1 (R-27ET1) heat-seeking medium-range missiles, and up to six RVV-AE medium-range active radar-homing missiles and six R-73E short-range heat-seeking missiles."

What we debate here???

SU-27SKM version:

Su-27SKM_sheme_b_eng.gif

At 104th server we have Kh29t and KAB500, good work guys i support that. Just server admins and squads must support RVV-EA (R-77) and lets play LOFC. Where is the problem?

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Su-27SK manual does not indicate the ability to carry these weapons. What you are looking at is some sort of upgrade.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Ok. Can I have AESA radar + JHMCS + AIM-9X + MIDS in my F-15C then? :D

In other words ... let's not. ;) Just IMHO.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Ok. Can I have AESA radar + JHMCS + AIM-9X + MIDS in my F-15C then? :D

In other words ... let's not. ;) Just IMHO.

No problem for me. I support it.

I bet you'd change your mind :D.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

There is a T-10S but I don't know of Su-27S. Although, there is a Su-27P (P for "perekhvatchik" - interceptor), which is T-10S without ground strike capability. I would say FC models Su-27/27SK, the earliest versions from 1985/92

I would like to see what does it say on the front page of the manual you are talking about.

BTW, Su-27SK (S for sereeynyy, K for kommehrcheskiy) was T-10S (Su-27) with downgraded avionics for China and Vietnam.

Reminder: SAM = Stealth STOP!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

whenever GG and Ethereal get into a thread discussion I always feel a little bit like I'm on mt olympus

And I always know that the thread will turn into an F-15 discussion. ;)

a balance thing for the eagle's better radar, ARH for Flankers.

Depends which Eagle, which Flanker. Remember in the game we have F-15C, which isn't exactly vanilla, like the SU-27S is.

If the RuAF went to war tomorrow software upgrades and R77 production would feed current servicable 27S units by the squadron in very short order I suspect, but in the event this doesn't happen you've just got a limited number equipped for them in the meantime, mostly 27SM outfits. And it'll probably stay that way for the moment because a lot of the current fleet might be nearing airframe death and looking at retirement. Some tail numbers have been out there a few years now.

With the individuals that I chat on regular basis, the youngest aircraft that flies was manufactured in 1994. There are no R-77s anywhere, even in Lipetsk (the Nellis of Russian Air Force). If the war was to start... well that statement completely depends on the type of the war, as history has shown local conflicts require very little air superiority as the opposing side has few A2A capable aircraft if any. If the war is on a larger scale... Russian air strategy will be defensive, pull enemy forces into a disadvantageous territory covered by SAMs.

I can't imagine the Russians want to go producing any present tech stockpiles of significant size whilst current war materiels technologies are developing at a rather ambiguous pace.

What Russia is doing is not investing $$$, that is scarce, into outdated weaponry, R-77/RVV-AE being one.

It's really a work in progress for the 21st century with an emergency capability for now, sort of I think.

That is correct, the emphasis has been made on ground pounding rather than anything else due to the nature of local conflicts. Anything larger, usually Russia doesn't want to be involved in it. *like "peacekeeping" in Libya*

A manual that is rather dated (late 80s-early 90s), thought this might be a relevant bit of information. With other various pieces of documentation floating around from early 90s.

Ok. Can I have AESA radar + JHMCS + AIM-9X + MIDS in my F-15C then? biggrin.gif

In other words ... let's not. wink.gif Just IMHO.

I highly doubt you or ED has documentation with the right amount of detail for it to not be a fantasy implementation. AIM-9X probably being the only reasonable possibility, even still if we use the "show proof of it being used in armed conflict" approach - it might get interesting.

There is a T-10S but I don't know of Su-27S. Although, there is a Su-27P (P for "perekhvatchik" - interceptor), which is T-10S without ground strike capability. I would say FC models Su-27/27SK, the earliest versions from 1985/92

I would like to see what does it say on the front page of the manual you are talking about.

BTW, Su-27SK (S for sereeynyy, K for kommehrcheskiy) was T-10S (Su-27) with downgraded avionics for China and Vietnam.

SU-27S = Serial production model, normally the S is dropped from the name. You are absolutely correct on the P version.

It says: "Самолет СУ-27СК Руководство по Летной Эксплуатации"

Edited by Sov13t
  • Like 1

You are all obviously forgotten that Lock On FC2.0 is still only a game.We do not have the right information on any Weapons that are used in the game 100%. So we made ​​a mod that is for people who want a novelty for Russian aircraft . We did not put the R77 because MIG 29 would not be beneficial.

We expect to complete the statistics these days and immediately after that release the mod in our dedicated server.

All are welcome to come and test the mod, I hope that we will all have the most fun.

Regards

You are all obviously forgotten that Lock On FC2.0 is still only a game.We do not have the right information on any Weapons that are used in the game 100%. So we made ​​a mod that is for people who want a novelty for Russian aircraft . We did not put the R77 because MIG 29 would not be beneficial.

We expect to complete the statistics these days and immediately after that release the mod in our dedicated server.

All are welcome to come and test the mod, I hope that we will all have the most fun.

Regards

Hi Herros,

I think this topic was started by chance and it is a coincident that 4C are planning R-27AE mod, but I could be wrong. I personally like the idea of the mod a lot. The one big problem though is that all players joining a server must have the R-27AE mod installed. I wish there was a way around that.

Isn't EA limited to 1G ? I remember when I fired it was almost useless, however I didn't modify it so...

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Hi Herros,

I think this topic was started by chance and it is a coincident that 4C are planning R-27AE mod, but I could be wrong. I personally like the idea of the mod a lot. The one big problem though is that all players joining a server must have the R-27AE mod installed. I wish there was a way around that.

You are right on the money Crunch! Internally, we at =4c= have been testing the mod for several weeks now. We are in process of inviting squads for a major test on Saturday. Are you interested in participating in the test?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

A manual that is rather dated (late 80s-early 90s), thought this might be a relevant bit of information. With other various pieces of documentation floating around from early 90s.

I'm aware. In any case FC2 doesn't really model the avionics to spec for any of the aircraft. Not much that can be done about this until DCS variants are produced. For now, we can enjoy DACT as it is represented in FC with the most amount of realism squeezed into it that's possible for the modeled birds. There are those who'll keep plugging at their unrealism mods too, but I can't fault people for having their fun :)

I highly doubt you or ED has documentation with the right amount of detail for it to not be a fantasy implementation. AIM-9X probably being the only reasonable possibility, even still if we use the "show proof of it being used in armed conflict" approach - it might get interesting.

I'd agree with your doubting it, I wouldn't agree with 'highly' doubting it. Just saying ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm aware. In any case FC2 doesn't really model the avionics to spec for any of the aircraft. Not much that can be done about this until DCS variants are produced. For now, we can enjoy DACT as it is represented in FC with the most amount of realism squeezed into it that's possible for the modeled birds. There are those who'll keep plugging at their unrealism mods too, but I can't fault people for having their fun :)

Flyable Kuznetsov pwns all. Don't you tell me Flying Vinson is better or else! :joystick:

I'd agree with your doubting it, I wouldn't agree with 'highly' doubting it. Just saying ;)

Fair enough :)

Well, there's the obvious disadvantage of lacking ASMs ... hmmmm ... :P Damnit :P

Flyable Kuznetsov pwns all. Don't you tell me Flying Vinson is better or else! :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Bob, the mod by 4C uses R-27EM flight characteristics with R-77 seeker

??! :huh: :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOT???? S/SK!! :shocking: I tought it was the vanilla B version!

GG, This is completely ridicoulus , WHICH MANUAL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???

KNAAPO has more information regarding the warplanes they are producing than anyone else, so if they are saying SU-27S/SK carries RVV-AE (R-77), they MEAN IT!!

My previous analysis on post n22 was based on the assumption that the version of the Su-27 in FC2 was a B version, therefore went into comparing the cockpits of a B and a S version....did not even need to do that if I knew Su-27S/SK is the one in LO...

Edited by FLANKERATOR

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Might be a little bit of confusion here Flankerator. I do not like quoting Wiki... but in this case the info is on point:

Su-27S (Su-27 / "Flanker-B"): Initial production single-seater with improved AL-31F engine. The "T10P" or "Su-27P" designation is sometimes used for Su-27S single-seaters stripped of secondary strike capability, assigned to Soviet Air Defence Forces units.

The Su-27S is the "vanilla B" version and "Su-27SK" is just the export name for the same aircraft.

GG, This is completely ridicoulus , WHICH MANUAL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???

A manual for the Su-27SK has been publically available for some time.

KNAAPO has more information regarding the warplanes they are producing than anyone else, so if they are saying SU-27S/SK carries RVV-AE (R-77), they MEAN IT!!

Knaapo has a tendency to mix "would-be" capabilities with actual ones in the PR material for the aircraft they produce - e.g. I also remember that they stated all sorts of guided air-to-surface ordinance as part of the Su-33 armament, although no operational Su-33 so far has been compatible with it.

My previous analysis on post n22 was based on the assumption that the version of the Su-27 in FC2 was a B version, therefore went into comparing the cockpits of a B and a S version....did not even need to do that if I knew Su-27S/SK is the one in LO...

Again the Su-27S is the "B version" (NATO "Flanker B" reporting name) - there is an upgraded version of this compatible with the RVV-AE in operational service, but it is designated Su-27SM and is very different from the "baseline" Su-27S on an number of areas.

• Like 1

JJ

Yeah, knaapo PR website > RL manuals in use by actual operators of the real thing. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Might be a little bit of confusion here Flankerator. I do not like quoting Wiki... but in this case the info is on point:

Thanks Soviet, Still the Su-27SK presented by Knaapo is the export version of the Su-27S which we are talking about in FC. So if the SK version can carry R77's according to Knaapo, the S will surely have the same capability since it's for RuAF.

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj