TrackIR 2

Yes I'm sure that I saw you could buy replacement stickers. Thinking about it though, arent't they just reflective stuff anyway, like the really good stuff on road cyclists jackets etc. You can probably buy that stuff locally.

Technical Specs: Asus G73JW gaming laptop... i7-740QM 1.73GHz ... GTX460m 1.5GB ... 8GB DDR5 RAM ... Win7 64 ... TIR5 ... Thrustmaster T16000m

Yeah I was thinking that. I have some reflective strips I use for cycling. Perhaps I could cut one to size and attatch it to a cap or something. I would like a new TIR but I've spent £100 on a X52, so it will have to do for now. No 6DOF but thats no real problem.

Hi Rossi,

You said maybe you can stick the reflectors onto a cap, have you not still got the little framework thing? I thought you had just lost the reflectors and still had the frame. I am pretty sure you will need that as all the algorithmns are presumeably based on clever spatial geometric calculation stuff. In which case I expect yu will have to buy a new frame. Then again if TIR2 is not 6DOF etc maybe you will be ok! Hope so!

Technical Specs: Asus G73JW gaming laptop... i7-740QM 1.73GHz ... GTX460m 1.5GB ... 8GB DDR5 RAM ... Win7 64 ... TIR5 ... Thrustmaster T16000m

I think it's called 3M reflective tape.. should be available locally. I actually have/ had a TiR2 pro- with a few dots.. Thing is.. I packed it in a box because some moe-ron agreed to buy it from me, then couldn't come up with the $20.. Now- I'm about to move and I may have just thrown it out... Will look..

If I find them, and you are in the US- I'll mail em to you no charge... but go on trying to buy it locally while you're at it.. I can't promise you that I'll be able to find it..

Rossi, if you still want the small dots, i have the orginal ark whit 6 big ones and 20 small dots. pm me your home adress and i will send it to you for free

It will cost me the pp but that is ok.

A better solution would be to buy the hat from Natural point

MB:MSI X79A-GD45

CPU:Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2GHz

Ram:16 gb

Grafik :GTX 680 Sli

Win 7 64 bit

1200 W

2 ssd 120 gb

1 2 TB western Digital Caviar Green

Seems like the only possible choice is to treat yourself to a lovely new TIR5 with Proclip thing. Just imagine 6 DOF and perfect tracking anywhere in the cockpit! It must be your birthday sometime in the next year!

I have it working! :D

Went to the freetrack blog site and they have and old version which works with TIR2. Downloaded that and after a bit of fiddling I got it to work. I can even get 6DOF if I arrange my reflector points correctly! Amazing what you can do with a bit of patience and some sticky tape!

I already had TIR3 and had myself convinced that TIR3 was just fine and that TIR5 wouldn't really add that much to the experience. I never did get the 6DOF upgrade for the TIR3. After losing my last reflective dot, I decided to order TIR5.

Wow, night and day!

Abit IN9 32x MAX- Kentsfield QX6700 @3520

1.5 vcore watercooled D-Tek Fuzion/PA-160/MCR120/2x MCP655

2x2GB G-Skill 1066 5-5-5-15 2T@1.9vdimm

2x EVGA 580GTX 1.5GB SLI

2x 74GB Sata Raptor Raid0

2x 320GB Hitachi Sata II

X-FI Elite Pro

Dell U3011

Lian Li V2100B

Corsair HX1000