...need help....

Guys... I don't get this...

I keep shooting my own guys... yet my mfd radar identfies who is

friendly and who isn't...

If they look like this.. don't shoot.... right? (dot)

mfd.jpg

When I lock onto the other type of symbol (rectangle), like tonite,

I end up shooting friendlies. (got a few complaints then got booted)

I don't blame them, but I am following the books, and tutors on how to do this and I still keep targeting friendlies.

What in the hell am I missing with this freaking sim?

IFF PLEASE ED!

Thanks,

Brett

First of all, what's your NCTR telling you?

Second, are they running ECM?

ECM near an AMRAAM=death magnet. The 120 will veer right off and go for whomever's got his ECM on.

And yes, do NOT fire on dots/circles.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Hi GG..

I just went thru the tutorials again and I'm doing everything right except for waiting

for (RTR) with in R-MAX and R-MIN range. (like is showed on the tutorial).

NCTR was showing unknown in my situation online and I think this is where I was making my mistake..(over anxious). Target was at approx 15nm out.

Shouldn't the F15 identify friend from foe by this distance..??

No jamming at this time during this senario..pic above was from a different engagment.

Thanks,

Brett

Also, I believe that in the F15, if you have a threat locked, you get a star below the target box.

Hi Prophet...

In one case tonite, I did have the star showing, and I couldn't tell if it was friend from foe in the VSD (I didn't fire in this case and broke lock) and it

turned out to be a friendly....

Thanks,

Brett

Hi GG..

I just went thru the tutorials again and I'm doing everything right except for waiting

for (RTR) with in R-MAX and R-MIN range. (like is showed on the tutorial).

NCTR was showing unknown in my situation online and I think this is where I was making my mistake..(over anxious). Target was at approx 15nm out.

Shouldn't the F15 identify friend from foe by this distance..??

No jamming at this time during this senario..pic above was from a different engagment.

Probably, but I'd think not in a tailchase. If this was a head on shot, and you locked up what your'ecertian is a dot, something's wrong. I don't shoot friendlies, and that's ebcause I ID my contacts on teh VSD.

If i lock up something close, I'll either rely on teh NCTR or I'll VID it if I -must-, but I've not had much trouble with AA target identification.

WHen in doubt, teh you have the range, dump the lock, switch to RWS (the contacts are brighter) and check what you're locking up there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

No, NCTR has to process the return from the turbine blades, which takes some number crunching time. Not ridiculously long, but it increases the pucker factor.

IFF and NCTR is are two quite different things - IFF has a transmitter that yells 'hey I'm friendly' whereas NCTR is something entirely different.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When I lock onto the other type of symbol (rectangle), like tonite,

I end up shooting friendlies. (got a few complaints then got booted)

I don't blame them, but I am following the books, and tutors on how to do this and I still keep targeting friendlies.

What in the hell am I missing with this freaking sim?

IFF PLEASE ED!

Your probably shooting at over 20 miles away at targets alredy engaged with friendlies close by. In order to avoid this, lock him up in TWS, then take it under 10 miles or less before firing it. Any nearby friendlies are then less likely of standing in the missiles view cone.

Last night I fired at a SU-27 and got a Su-33 kill.icon10.gif

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Once I managed to lock and fire a R-27ER at a friendly from close range, with full LA and no friendly marker on the hud. Also, the bogey appeared as a bandit on my hdd, and had music off.

It takes some severe grovelling to pacify people whn you do that to them.

Someone mentioned it may have been the angle of approach to the bogey not letting the iff interrogate. Also, I used weapon launch override in a previous plane to launch heaters when I was hit, but I bailed and this was a new plane.

Not that simple. If you have friendlies in front of you, tell'em to shut off ECM because you're about pop a slammer (or adder).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]