the most annoying thing ever!

:icon_evil

I was recording an avi from a 32 min track file. It took 4 hrs.

I was using a setting of video codec windows media 1 and audio for PCM uncompressed or somthing.

It took the whole freakin 5 hrs to render it. when I try to have a look at it ..the size is 4 GB. I then open it and it gives error. NO FREAKIN PLAYER CAN PLAY IT .... :icon_evil :icon_evil :icon_evil

WTF??/ OMG!! I am going insane ......

PLease devs....give us a selective time to time avi render feature. this thing is driving me crazy. after I research I find that 4 GB is the max an avi can be rendered or something.

another bug::::

after I always render some aci or something.... I get this error on exit.

untitled15lp.jpg

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

it is in ntfs format

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

try rendering in windows media video 2 codec, it'll still take 4-5 hrs but the file size will be about 500mb at 100% quality & 30fps settings.

I think any rendered file thats over 2gb is un readable

Intel Conroe Core2 E6600(2.4ghz), Asus P5N32-E SLI, Nvidia 8800gts, 2Gb RAM, Vista OS.

There is also in the movie thread at UBI on how to do all this...

I think you save a track.

Play the track back and record bits and pieces from that.

Then you take all the bit's a pieces and put them together in a video editor of your choice....

bless the people who do this...I just don't have the patience....

Thanks,

Brett

its probably while using fraps and selectively recording. but lockon does not have a direct render avi selectively feature.

this has been a known issue from the beginning. You can't open a file that goes over 2 gig. The work around in FCv1.1 was to add the ability to render #'d screen shots. Then you have only the pain of converting them over into an AVI. I would never recommend rendering 32 min of footage LOL!!!

This has been my experience with File size and rendering:

1. Don't bother with the provided codecs......the are ALL of poor quality IMO.

2. Try and keep renders as short as possible. (No need to explain as you have already experienced the frustration.)

3. 30 secs of uncompressed avi = ~2gigs

4. Cockpit renders are bigger files for some reason? 20-22secs= ~2gigs

5. With v1.1 the camera angles are saved correctly so there is no need to render unwanted footage. (However, during the audio render it will start from the beginning of the track.)

ex. If you wanted to render the landing at 30mins of your 32 minute track, you can "punch-in" the render at 30mins and thats where it will start creating the avi, but when it goes to convert the audio it will start at 0min and playback 0-30min and then begin recording at 30-32min. (DO NOT QUIT DURING THIS PROCESS)

Note: You do not get any unwanted audio, but its just the pain of having to wait through the process ;) 32min for 2min :?

6. There is a bug with the render function when mission is not created using the date "001". It will cause the render to go directly to audio portion and then back to debrief w/o rendering anything.

NOTE: I have NOT confirmed this in FCv1.1

7. Finished movies should be around 7-10meg/minute

My advise on a 32 minute track....

If you are wanting to show this as a "ride along" or mission type movie.

1. Create your storyboard, timeline, etc.

2. Create a new folder in your /lockon/missions/tracks folder "Ride-Along" and then some subfolders ie. Cockpit, Flanker, F2 views or whatever you need to organize your different tracks that you edit. Put your original 32min track in the "Ride Along" folder.

3. Now get your edited clips from the original recorded track by selecting the "ride along.trk" file and using ctrl+E to launch the game. Save each .trk with a new name. ie. Su-27 takeoff-f2-1m35s.

NOTE: It is important to note the times of the "punch-in/out" of each .trk

**You will basically have the entire movie in raw .trk files in the folder you created within your missions/tracks folder.

4. Just open a .trk file and select the render option. I would use the 1280x1024 # screen shot and uncompressed audio method personally to render the clips but however you decide to do it is up to you. Input the correct "punch-in/out" times and quality options and render it.

NOTE: Because this is done in game frame by frame CPU processing speed is not an issue. Feel free to completely MAX out your settings, including on your Graphics card! It just may take a bit longer to render.

5. Now you must convert these into avi's and begin the editing process with w/e program you are using for that ;)

6. I have noticed the audio is usually slightly off and it is necessary to manually repair this during editing.

I'm sure you already know most of this but hope it helps you or someone else ;)

is this ok?

For most of the audio recording options listed on the AVI screen I don't get any sound on the resulting AVI when I play it back. FC, runs through recording the sound, just there's silence during playback.

Does anybody know if all the codecs on the menu were included on the CD?, or am I hitting a bug specific to my machine.

Cheers.

try this it might help

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/howto/articles/IntroEncoding.aspx

and the download

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/encoder/default.aspx

i have used this in other files it will render the file to a smaller readable size..

u r looking for the WMencoder..

| 8700k @4.9 | Gigabyte Gaming 7 | 32gb Tridentz @3000 | EVGA 1080 TI SC2 | CV1 | VKB MCG PRO

[sigpic]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FeLGqKyJ3K08k3z-7XaegWgRuGRGkKUs/view?usp=sharing[/sigpic]

thanx a lot guys. I guess I'll start with this new knowledge.

one question LOC.

-- u said selectively create track files.??? HOW??

-- I record a ful flight. I edit views.

-- Now I want to split the trk. How??

-- the moment I click ctrl+e for vid edit (I think) it starts at beginning always?/?

-- then I stop at a part, save new track

-- but how to start the next part of trk??? won't ctrl+e make me start from beginning in the original trk??

Guest ruggbutt
For most of the audio recording options listed on the AVI screen I don't get any sound on the resulting AVI when I play it back. FC, runs through recording the sound, just there's silence during playback.

Does anybody know if all the codecs on the menu were included on the CD?, or am I hitting a bug specific to my machine.

I can only comment regarding the SB Audigy 2, but under "Recording" you have to select "What you hear" in the sound card control panel. I imagine there are similar settings for other sound cards.

cpanel.jpg

I don't know for track files, but when you record your avi, you can select from what time to what time you want to record it. It's at the very top of the record avi screen, you can choose start time and finish time. I did it for my movie (coming soon) and it works quite well. But, as Loc said, when you get to sound recording you have to go from the beginning of the track even if you decided to start recording at 10 minutes for example...

Guest ruggbutt

The good part about the AVI tool is that it works now. You can pause the screen, position the camera and unpause when making tracks to convert to AVI. The only glitch I found was when level bombing using CCIP. The bombs wouldn't show up.

ACTUALLY the camera angles are STILL NOT BEING SAVED CORRECTLY. try this.

make a trk of the fly mission for su-25 T. try clicking F7 for vehicle camera. then use zoom . do similar stuff with the ctrl+F11 camera. ti seems that the game cannot correctly save the multiple zoom in and zoom out actions that we do using the ctrl+* or / keys. I noticed this happen only with the ground vehicles so far.

Guest ruggbutt
it seems that the game cannot correctly save the multiple zoom in and zoom out actions that we do using the ctrl+* or / keys. I noticed this happen only with the ground vehicles so far.

I forgot about that. I'm just in the habit of zooming after I unpause the game. The camera angles save and those are the ones that caused me the most grief in 1.02.

I do a dynamic zoom during the shot and that is not saved properly. the camera won't be centered correctly.

for example: a shilka is shooting at a su 25. I first select the shilka with f7, then use shift+esc for shifting center, then wait till it fires....then trail the bullets towards the aircraft zooming in as necessary. when I replay the trk it loses the right position....and its all messed up.

I have this issue also, but it is because of the type of headset I use "Plantronics".

When you are ready to render something try unplugging your headset or speakers BEFORE YOU FIRE UP LOCK ON. do you renders then exit out and plug your headset back in. That might help ;)

is this ok?

thanx a lot guys. I guess I'll start with this new knowledge.

one question LOC.

-- I record a ful flight. I edit views.

-- Now I want to split the trk. How??

-- the moment I click ctrl+e for vid edit (I think) it starts at beginning always?/?

-- then I stop at a part, save new track

-- but how to start the next part of trk??? won't ctrl+e make me start from beginning in the original trk??

You can't split a track on the front side, only shorten it so what I meant was that instead of just saving the full track with ALL of your view edits in one sweep, just leave the camera default until the time to "punch-in" then grab the 30 secs or so of footage and stop the track, re-name it and begin the process again. This will also help eleviate the game not remembering the proper view adjustments.

NOTE: Even though v1.1 seems to do much better with saving the proper views I still would recommend the following....

1. Leave the camera in the default position until you get to the point you want to record.

2. I never will use the ctrl+ZOOM function or any advanced camera changes while the game is paused.

Like rugg said I just got used to work arounds in 1.02 so I continue to practice them because I know there will not be issues.

is this ok?

I do a dynamic zoom during the shot and that is not saved properly. the camera won't be centered correctly.

for example: a shilka is shooting at a su 25. I first select the shilka with f7, then use shift+esc for shifting center, then wait till it fires....then trail the bullets towards the aircraft zooming in as necessary. when I replay the trk it loses the right position....and its all messed up.

Make sure the game is not paused from the time you hit f7 to view the shilka, you can use the alt+A to slow down the action and make it easier to follow.

I havent recorded anything with an Su-25t so maybe there is an issue there?

send me the track if you want I will try it out :)

is this ok?

bsr.locsta,

I have added u to my msn. I will send the trk to you once I meet u online.

the main thing is that I want the kind of shot you made in your Ground targets movie where the tanks just drive past on the road.

for that to get it in my FOV.....I zoom so that all vehicles are in view.