Best rudder pedal brands?

Hello,

I've been using CH Product Pro Pedals for many years now (10+..?) but I'm thinking about an upgrade? Something to complement my TM HOTAS Warthog. I've read some reviews about the Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals and some claim they are poor quality or die right around the time the warranty expires.

Can anyone recommend decent pedals for A-10C Warthog? Would love pedals that match the build quality of my TM HOTAS Warthog... Do they exist?

Thanks!

i have a TM warthog and the Saitek Pro combat Rudder Pedals

the pedals are great no complaints

Edited by A10FAN

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheA10FAN?feature=mhum

coolermaster HAF full tower

Intell i7 960 bloomfield 4.0Ghz

Evga X58 Classified 3 mobo

Corsair H-60 Hydro Cooler

Corsair Dominator GT 12g DDR3 1866 ram

Corsair Pro Series AX1200w ps

OCZ Vertex3 SSD 240g

Evga GTX590 Vid Card

Creative X-FI Titanium soundcard

TM Warthog Hotas

TM Warthog...Saitek Combat pedals arrive tomorrow!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

I use the combination of HOTAS Warthog and the Saitek Rudderpedals.

Yesterday i ordered the CH Pedals because i do not like the center detent on the Saitek Pedals. IMHO its unrealistic and for me very difficult to keep the A10 on the runway on startup.

I live in germany and like to sell the pedals for a fair price.

MB: Intel DX79TO; Core i7 3820 (3,6 ghz); SPU: Asus Xonar D2X; GPU: AMD XFX 7970 BE OC (3GB); RAM: Kingston 8 GB DDR3-1333 Quad-Kit; HHDs: G.Skill Phoenix SSD (for OS&DCS), WD 1 TB + WD 160GB; PSU: be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 550W; Display: EIZO Foris 2333-BK; OS: WIN8 Pro 64bit (latest updates); TM HOTAS Warthog; CH Rudder pedals; Cougar MFDs; iPad Mini with iControl DCS; TrackIR4 + TrackClipPro.

A10 startup procedure -->

Saiteks combat pedals certainly look the best.. Best quality is CH for now- but I reckon that if the combat pedals hold up they would likely earn more sales.. I was hoping a drastic price cut on provantage.com signaled new CH pedals were forthcoming- but alas.. Evidently not the case...

Yesterday i ordered the CH Pedals because i do not like the center detent on the Saitek Pedals. IMHO its unrealistic and for me very difficult to keep the A10 on the runway on startup.

This anoyed me also very in combination with BlackShark - you are nearly never holding your feet in the center with a helicopter.

It took me 30min to open the pedals and remove the centre detent by bending the the spring a little wider.

I didn't liked the CH pedals very much because they are too near together - and they are not comfortable if you have a centre mounted stick.

More info : http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=58142&highlight=rudder

I use Simped Rudder Pedals F-16, they have hal sensors, and toe brakes.

They have work flawless... made in Germany.

Bud

Win 7 64bit, Amd Phenom II 965 Black Ed..Ati 5870, tri Lg 22s mon. Hotas cougar with RealSimulator force sensor stick base R2 and Simped Rudder F16s

Dear Marder,

I live in Turkey and I would like to have your saitek rudder pedals if possible?

I would be very glad.

Regards.

Sorry, because of the tip to remove the center detend - i keep them :)

MB: Intel DX79TO; Core i7 3820 (3,6 ghz); SPU: Asus Xonar D2X; GPU: AMD XFX 7970 BE OC (3GB); RAM: Kingston 8 GB DDR3-1333 Quad-Kit; HHDs: G.Skill Phoenix SSD (for OS&DCS), WD 1 TB + WD 160GB; PSU: be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 550W; Display: EIZO Foris 2333-BK; OS: WIN8 Pro 64bit (latest updates); TM HOTAS Warthog; CH Rudder pedals; Cougar MFDs; iPad Mini with iControl DCS; TrackIR4 + TrackClipPro.

I live in germany and like to sell the pedals for a fair price.

You do not need pedals to keep the hog on the tarmac center during take off runs, you just need to use dual throttle for what they are for, diferencial thrust.

When i had no pedals thats what i used to compensate drifting.

I have the saitek combat pro rudder, they aren t near the warthog quality but they fit the job, i ubderstand plainly when someone say they arent realistic.

On the other hand they fit the job and are quite confortable as long you tweak the toe break axis, i ve let only the last 20% working so i could rest my bare feets on them without triggering the brakes.

But i ve seem someone remove the detent on internet from a link posted somewhere in some of the other rudders threads.

Right now, for the price they are, it the better bet.

I dont like CH they are too near each others as if designed for childs. Freaking uncomfy.

BUT... the best pedals i ever experienced are the TM RCS retrofitted by cubby with hall sensor and toe brakes. Unfortunatly they are out of production and your only chance is E-bay. Also they are gameport, perfect for cougar, but not really fitting for Warthog. Cubby was thinkering to transform them with USB, i don t know if he had any success yet.

Edited by Succellus

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

+1 for the Simped's outstanding build quality. I have never had one single problem with them in 8+ years.

Simped is awesoe but pricey... especially if you have to import it.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Hello,

I've been using CH Product Pro Pedals for many years now (10+..?) but I'm thinking about an upgrade? Something to complement my TM HOTAS Warthog. I've read some reviews about the Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals and some claim they are poor quality or die right around the time the warranty expires.

Can anyone recommend decent pedals for A-10C Warthog? Would love pedals that match the build quality of my TM HOTAS Warthog... Do they exist?

Thanks!

Hi tbies

Have you seen Helio Estrelas A-10 Version ?

A10.jpg

http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=5468.msg87448#msg87448

Out of my league currently but sure seems awesome :music_whistling:

Edited by Duckling

- - - -

Around 15yrs on TM RCS here. Still going strong, new pot now and then, but then again, some parts of me don't work as well as they did that long ago.

Edited by wjo53

I have the Logitech pedals that came with the G940. They seem to work well and seem to be spaced ok. The only problem is the ridge around the pedals perimeter. That is correctable with foam rubber padding however. Though that is not a problem for me. I am very short so I work the throttle and stick and have the other little person (I call them my co-pilot) work the pedals. If my co-pilot is not around I have to resort to tying wood blocks to my shoes. That gets heavy after a while though.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But i ve seem someone remove the detent on internet from a link posted somewhere in some of the other rudders threads.

Is it here in the forums? i cannot find it.

If i remove the screws on the backplate i cannot remove it and i can't find any other screws :)

Is it here in the forums? i cannot find it.

If i remove the screws on the backplate i cannot remove it and i can't find any other screws :)

You have to peel off the four rubber pads in the centre of the backside. There are 4 screws under them. You should be able to feel little holes when you push with your finger against them.

You have to peel off the four rubber pads in the centre of the backside. There are 4 screws under them. You should be able to feel little holes when you push with your finger against them.

Thank you for the info :)

Please wait to mod your rudder until I post a new thread "How to remove the centre-detent on the saitek pro flight paddles" in the input section.

This will happen in about 5 hours.

I will open up my rudders and post pictures how to do it without braking them.

If I remember correctly (did this about two years ago) it was not only the bending of the spring... I will open them to have a clear look - but it really took me only 30min .

I love my Thrustmaster Elite rudder pedals. I plan to put in the Hall Sensor kit, and according to Ron at the CubPilot website there will be a way to convert them for use with USB.

W7 x64, i7 965, Rampage II Extreme, GTX480, 6GB Corsair 1866 cl7