this is driving me mad......!

hi folks, I hope some one can help me with this annoying problem. It appeared suddenly, so Idon't how to get rid of it.

1.When clouds are set to 9 or 10 light an shadow mapping just disappear on selected objects. Some times when camera position has changed lightan shadows will show up again.

2.When starting on the carrier, the su-33 is surrounded by a huge shadow that covers the carrier. F9 view won`T show any light shadow mapping on the carrier.

lightbug.jpg

any idea?

My system specs.:

nVidia gForce 5700ve 256mb

syspecs.jpg

• Like 1

• ED Team

To Mig-Mag

Please try turn off the heat blur. That effect can take same artefacts in some configurations.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

Hello , and sorry for my very poor english.....

What driver use for the graphic card??????

Me (i'm a 6800gt) i'm use a 77.76 beta (great for lockon).

The official 71.89 is bad for lockon (CTD).

The official 77.72 is bug to dynamic shadows (the plane is "gris" in french lol)

The 77.30 (beta) is good for lockon but i'm bug whith IL2 PF.

I'm download the drivers here (77.76 beta)

http://www.clubic.com/lancer-le-telechargement-4750-1-forceware.html

Good fly all....

• 1 month later...

Ok. I have your answer, unfortunately I dont think its the one you want. You need the 61.77 Nvidia drivers. The problem lies with the ships. When ships are moving on screen, all dynamic lighting and shadows stop. Once you get into a certain distance of the ships, you lose these effects. I had posted on the UBI forum about this problem last year. Ive been through two graphics card upgrades and the rusults are the same on both. If ships move, you get no shadows. Its just a bug. As of now, no modern Nvidia drivers will correct this. The only ones that would allow me to get dynamic shadows with moving ships were the Nvidia 61.77 drivers. If you have a GF card, hunt for these and they will solve your problem, unfortunately it is a very old driver. If you are a ATI man, then im at a loss, I have never seen a fix for this bug with any ATI driver, I may be wrong though...

Good Luck.

"When you're out of Tomcats, you're out of fighters!"

helk.gif

Well i have had this problem for a long while and realized it is a driver situation, i have my haze in "basic" and still get it, it only happens when a ship is moving, try building a mission with stopped ships and you'll get all the shadows, now modify it so that only one of them is moving (not matter if it is only at 1 kt.), boom!, your shadows are gone (it wouldn't be that bad if only the shadows were gone, but you also get this dark, flat, unlit look to the ships that makes it unbereable to look at). I know is the driver because i noticed it the first time it happened, the 5x.xx series driver does not have this problem, but they are too slow for my 6800gt. By the way, i've tried this on 3 different computers with different configurations and as long as i used one of the newer drivers (or had a ship moving) they were no shadows.

I want to thank you MIG-MAG for bringing this up, i've tried before but i didn't know how to post screenshots here in the forum, now that Chizh has seen it maybe they can fix this.

I agree it's extremely annoying, to the point that i try not to make any ships move on missions just to avoid this problem, the only way i've seen that works is by turning off shadows completely, that works (gives you higher FPS too, but it looks bad) but i want my shadows!!!!.

So ED could you help us with this, it seems that the Nvidia cards are the only ones affected. Again it only happens when a ship is moving, it happens regardless of AA and Anitrosopic (spelling) filtering setting, sometimes the no shadow thing transfers to weapons in flight and planes, it makes not want to use the ships , that's how ugly it looks, the screenshots of MIG-MAG look good in comparison to how it realy looks in a real monitor, it's horrible. Please help us ED!!, we count on you guys!!.

Thanks Chizh and MIG-MAG for bringin up thsi matter :)

EDIT: While I was typing this long message Hellcat beat me to it , oh well, thankls :D

• 5 months later...

Same bug here.

And please stop with those "workarounds" like: downgrade your settings and is gone... blah blah...

How would you like ViperVJG73 to have a bug on your system and me to come an tell you to throu away your new video card and just buy an 3dfx downgrade your settings and eventualy don't play the game anymore?

Stop heat blurr, stop advanced haze, stop wheather, stop AA, stop AF... WTH are we going to play Pacman??

I can live with the bug (there are small workarounds without lowering your settings), I just don't like those "solutions", I find them to be a sad joke.

It will be also nice if some one from ED will agnoledge the existence of this bug and either blame nVidia either say "we are working on it".

later edit

There is a bug with full-shadows when in mission are planes and ships.

Can't be fixed now.

So my last sentence is not relevant anymore :) .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I recently put in a new card, too; 7800 GT, and upgraded to FC. Now I've got this bug. But I also didn't have it before with LOMAC 1.02, and I've always had nvidia cards and late drivers.

It happens only with the SU-33 as far as I can tell. Very disappointing.

Also I'm not using heat blur, haze is basic, and no AA or AF, so it's something else.

Is there any solution on the horizon?

Thermaltake View 71 Snow, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, i9-9900K Coffee Lake,8core,16 Thread,3.6 GHz, Corsair Vengeance Pro 64 GB, NZXT Kraken X72 AIO CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra Hybrid, Win 10

Haven't tried with the Su25 yet, Weta. But I did take RuggButt's suggestion and turned down "Full" shadows to "All Planar" and the problem went away.

I don't even know what planar means, or the difference between Full and 'all planar'; can anybody point me to an explanation?

And how do we know it's the nvidia drivers? And is anybody planning on looking into this?

Cheers,

Amd BTW that's funniest thing I've seen in a long time RYKE. LOL

Thermaltake View 71 Snow, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, i9-9900K Coffee Lake,8core,16 Thread,3.6 GHz, Corsair Vengeance Pro 64 GB, NZXT Kraken X72 AIO CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra Hybrid, Win 10