DCS A-10C Ground & VAD Charts

Schleudi

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice, thank you.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 3 weeks later...

Sweet looking charts!

I'm assuming you guys don't fly UH-1 or Ka-50 but is there any reason why one could not use these for flying helicopters? I see you have a couple of empty cells in the bottom table. Why not add ADF frequencies to them? Hopefully the sim will develop so that you could use just one version of the charts. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I want to get these charts on my ipad as a PDF - I can't download the zip. Is here a direct link to PDF available anywhere ?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

I want to get these charts on my ipad as a PDF - I can't download the zip. Is here a direct link to PDF available anywhere ?

They are in your ..\DCS World\Doc\Charts folder.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Removing the copyright from the work of former vJaBoG32_Schleudersitz and now 10thGF_Schleudersitz does not make it original.

You could also scrub off the gravure of a Patek Philippe and label it Casio. It'll still be swiss made quality :P

Edited by Leto

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ariescon.com

Intel i7-6700K | 32GB RAM | NVIDIA GTX 1080 | 1TB m.2 SSD | TM Warthog | Logitech G-35 | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Ultimate 64bit | 3 monitor setup @5760x1080 | Occulus Rift

Removing the copyright from the work of former vJaBoG32_Schleudersitz and now 10thGF_Schleudersitz does not make it original.

You could also scrub off the gravure of a Patek Philippe and label it Casio. It'll still be swiss made quality :P

Oh, I see... - you mean like taking intellectual property from an ongoing vJaBoG32 project and continuing with an unauthorized release under your new squad name while retaining all old errors in the content is swiss made quality...

Looks more like chinese or gangnam style to me.:thumbup: (no international or racist pun intended)

No, earnestly, Schleudersitz deserves maximum credit for his work as the sole superb CAD artist and for a limited time as well editor-in-chief of the vJaBoG32 chart project. That he decided to take the files with him upon his departure from the squad was a selfish decision that severely hurt the project. Since then remaining project members and artists have invested hundreds of hours to improve and correct the old versions whereas your new version retains old procedural errors.

If I recall correctly, the chart version that ED published in the doc folder of first the A-10C and later DCSW before v1.2.5 read "copyright vJaBoG32". Now who removed that?:music_whistling:

Cheap and disgraceful, down to the alteration of his starting post in this topic which was a former official vJaBoG32 announcement from 2011, more than a year before 10thGF even existed...

Anyway, this is not intended to be a flame war, I do not speak for vJaBoG32, I only link to their release.

There is no conflict between the two squads. Having those charts from either source is good for the community, having a little competition in the topic is maybe good as well.

10th Gunfighters is already doing so many great things for this community, like Bosshog's great radar and radio tools and all the other great stuff at ariescon.com. It should be below your dignity to brag about re-releases of other people's intellectual property, IMHO.

As I said, no flamewar intended. As for the judgement of content and people, I leave that to the strong sense for quality and honor of this community.

If I think about it again, maybe a combined effort of both squads would be best for the future, better even than two competing chart projects...

OMG, please keep cool and civilized everyone, or this thread is so getting closed...:megalol:

Whereas it should rather be a collection of constructive feedback.

Well, at least I tried...

:pilotfly:

Edited by Woodstock

"For aviators like us, the sky is not the limit - it's our home!"