F-111F "Ardvark" for Lock-On V1.1

Alfa

Hello,

As I promised some time ago, I have re-made my F-111F mod to be compatible with Lock-On V1.1.

It can be downloaded here.

The mod is packed into a small self extracting installer, so the installation procedure is almost painfully simple:

1). Download the installer and put it on your desktop.

2). Run it - from the installer window, browse to specify the correct path to the lockon root folder and click "Install".

However, as the installer doesnt come with an un-install function, please make a manual back-up of the MEinit.xml in your ...\lockon\ME folder before running the installer.

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

Hi Alfa...

Wich files R in it ?

please write here...

I need a spec skin 4 the bottom of the F-111...simple gray now...

& another 1 for the engines...2 holes if the AB doesnt work....

send sreenshots also plz

thx

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Hi all and Alfa.

SWEET!!! Thanks for updating this to work with 1.1.

It works just fine. I have some screenshots of it in action.

Thanks, -KILSEK

You are welcome mate - sorry about the delay :)

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

Hi Alfa...

Wich files R in it ?

please write here...

The installer has the following folder/file structure:

* Bazar\...

...\Temptextures:

- "F111wehr.bmp"

- "F-111.tga",

- "F-111-ten-0-max.tga"

- "F-111-ten-0-min.tga"

- "F-111-ten-0-SR.tga"

- "F-111-ten-90.tga"

- "US-zapravka.tga"

...\World\Shapes:

- "F-111.cmd"

- "F-111-Oblomok.cmd"

- "F-111-OBLOMOK-WING-L.cmd"

- "F-111-OBLOMOK-WING-R.cmd"

* Enc: "Eplane.write"

* ME: "meinit.xml"

* FUI\Common\Weapons: "PAVETACK.dds"

14 files in total to provide: activation in the sim(Meinit.xml), the F-111 3D model, associated textures, encyclopedia entry + a weapons picture for the "Pavetack" FLIR pod in the Payload Editor.

I need a spec skin 4 the bottom of the F-111...simple gray now...

& another 1 for the engines...2 holes if the AB doesnt work....

Well the appearance of the F-111 model(from Flanker 2.5) is down the "F111wehr.bmp"(skin) and "US-zapravka.tga"(markings) mentioned above, which are minute. I think it is possible to enlarge the bitmap texture - e.g. to 4x size and make a more detailed skin that way, but there will still be some limitations due to the way the texture is rapped around the 3D model.....which I cannot change ;) .

I am not entirely sure that the remaining texture files that I included with the installer are necessary at all - some of them are for the shadowning in Flanker, which is done in a more sophisticated way in Lock-on. But as they were listed inside the 3D model and may serve an additional purpose for this, I decided to just bring them along.....they dont do any harm anyway :)

send sreenshots also plz

Yes I should have included a few screenies with my initial post, but I didnt have any good ones handy - I just rushed to re-do the mod and upload it. But I would appreciate if you guys would make a few nice "action packed" shots with the F-111 and post them here, so people can get an idea of what the mod provides :)

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

F-111F screenshot

Hello,

As I promised some time ago, I have re-made my F-111F mod to be compatible with Lock-On V1.1.

It can be downloaded here.

Thank You Alfa! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Hey guys. Want to see MACH2+ firepower! Check out this screenshot:

LARGE 1280x960

ScreenShot_013.jpg

This thing is fast! Try to intercept it.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

However, as the installer doesnt come with an un-install function, please make a manual back-up of the MEinit.xml in your ...\lockon\ME folder before running the installer.

OMG, I forgot :) Can someone supply me with default LockOn 1.1 MEinit.xml file? So when 1.11 patch is out or when I want to play multiplayer I could restore default plane/weapons settings?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Thank You Alfa! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Hey guys. Want to see MACH2+ firepower! Check out this screenshot:

LARGE 1280x960

ScreenShot_013.jpg

This thing is fast! Try to intercept it.

arghh...nooooo, hi-res skin, pleeeeeaase :rolleyes:

It's suprising how fast you get used to fancy graphics...

at the Ubi Forums, there was a guy, who made a high-res skin for it, looks much better then..

I can't find the thread right now :(

Thats good!, I see you found it, it looks much better if that is what it looks like in-game.

• 10 months later...

Awesome. I also tried to install into 1.11 and it didnt take. I know you didnt design it for that but is there a way to make it work for newer versions (1.11 and 1.12a). Maybe even a modman 5 pack would be cool.

Thanks for your work on this mod. Hope there is a way thats not a lot of extra work for you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

system specs:

AMD 1100T X6, Asus Crosshair 4 Formula Mobo, 16 Gigs GSkill DDR3, XFX R9-290X 4GB 512-Bit, X-52 flight stick set, Samsung 2560x1440, Win7 64

Awesome. I also tried to install into 1.11 and it didnt take. I know you didnt design it for that but is there a way to make it work for newer versions (1.11 and 1.12a). Maybe even a modman 5 pack would be cool.

Thanks for your work on this mod. Hope there is a way thats not a lot of extra work for you.

Simple way?

It's included in my Navy Mod, which is a collection of some stuff Alfa's done before and a couple of things I threw in. The mod was written for v1.12, and AFAIK the MeInit is identical between v1.12 and v1.12a. I did include a couple of training tracks which I think no longer work, but you WILL get the F-111 complete with hi-res skin.

And Merzifon, and Pyotr Velikiy, and the MiG29K, and new skins for the Su33, and the Su25UTG . . . . .

Alfa's planning a similar (but better) pack for Black Shark, but this should do for now. Link to thread (and download link) here:

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=13961

http://www.lockonskins.co.uk/index.php?page=downloads&cat=109

Well, I was able to extract your .exe files and install them manually except for the meinit file. I didnt try to run lock on with the meinit file you had mainly because it looks completely different from the 1.11 version. Looks like they made a lot of changes in the way stuff is categorized in that file. I even went to the link for the high res skin you gave and found on one of the pages of that thread some instructions on how to alter the meinit file to support the F-111. But then again, the differences in the two me files are beyond my abilities.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

system specs:

AMD 1100T X6, Asus Crosshair 4 Formula Mobo, 16 Gigs GSkill DDR3, XFX R9-290X 4GB 512-Bit, X-52 flight stick set, Samsung 2560x1440, Win7 64

oops, we must have been typing at the same time. your post got here before mine.

Thanks again for the update and the hard work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

system specs:

Britgliderpilot, I have a question. I need to find a way to merge two meinit files. When I install the FPS tweak for 1.12a, it replaces the meinit file of your Supermod10 install, (or visa versa if i install the FPS first).

Is there a way to do this as apposed to comparing line by line the meinit files and mixing them that way?

If there is not a way or program that can merge the two, then I could add or change the lines myself if you could tell me the what goes where part.

Thanks for any advice.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

system specs:

Britgliderpilot, I have a question. I need to find a way to merge two meinit files. When I install the FPS tweak for 1.12a, it replaces the meinit file of your Supermod10 install, (or visa versa if i install the FPS first).

Is there a way to do this as apposed to comparing line by line the meinit files and mixing them that way?

If there is not a way or program that can merge the two, then I could add or change the lines myself if you could tell me the what goes where part.

Thanks for any advice.

. . . . no, there's no easy way to do it.

You'd need to find the changed lines and swap them over - probably easiest to put the FPS tweak lines into my mod's MeInit.

Off the top of my head I don't know what the FPS tweak changes - IIRC it's something about viewing distances, probably best to check forums first and then compare with the original MeInit to find the pertinent changes.

ok, thanks for the reply. comparing the two meinit files shows to be about 1600 lines difference in total number of lines. comparing over 22 thousand lines manually is scary. Ill keep searching the forms for the changed files. Most of the views and lod changes were made in the view and server.lua files which are listed in the tweak readme. Im not sure what could have been done to make such a difference the meinit files.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

system specs:

Bossi-Maserati & markriley,

I don't have V1.12a installed at the moment, but if either of you guys upload a zip file with a clean V1.12a meinit.xml, I will make the necessary F-111 changes for you.

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

I appreaciate the offer. Im not really sure I have a clean 1.12a meinit file anymore. I found a program that scans the .xml files and shows the differences between the two so you can keep the parts you want from each one. Still working on it. Turns out there is a lot of blank lines between stuff and it makes the file count difference look worse than it really is. Im about 90% done with what I think is going to be the meinit file that will have the best of both mods. ( of course there are other folders like view.lua and server.lua etc, that have a few changes in them)

Here is a link to the program.

http://www.a7soft.com/

It is free trial for 30 days then you have to buy for $30 if you want to still use it. So far i havent been able to make the "insert and replace" function work and i have a support e-mail in to them about it. For the time being, Im using the notepad++ to copy and paste the differences that the ExamXML program finds.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

system specs: