ServMan v3 for DCS:A-10C Warthog

Panzertard

I have the mind that cannot do some things very well:P

Is there a way to have 2 or 3 missions in a particular file that servman loads from. Otherwise I may find unfinished usermade missions etc going into the pot:huh:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ServMan loads next mission in the Multiplayer folder. Rename your missions to "01_mission", "02_mission" .....

That will load the missions by number and with the time you set as default load time.

(HJ)

Got it thanks. Next time I got a spare 60£ I will get another copy of A10 and host a dedicated server on our twin Xeon server:thumbup:

Just want to sort out the backend satisfactorily :)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

... I will get another copy of A10 and host a dedicated server

I did that with the beta edition :D Then I will have 2xNevada map when they release :D And host server with it :P I have plans to open up the server a bit when kicking and baning works with ServMan.

(HJ)

Well hopefully when the compatibility patch comes out we can use a copy of BS to host.

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

The BAN command don't kick player and it gives the following error:

00934.368 DEBUG   NET: Lua: KICKED client: id = [2], addr = 123.123.123.123, name = "Player1". Reason = "Banned by ServerAdmin: test"
00934.368 ERROR   Lua::Config: Call error server.on_chat:[string "Scripts/Addons/ServMan3/servman_server.lua"]:3516: attempt to call field 'output' (a nil value).

If the player leaves the server the local kick time is in effect when trying to join again but the local ban list is not updated.

(HJ)

HJ, I sent you a PM - please check your PMs ;)

We could spend a few minutes online to figure out some of the issues you've been having.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Okai, identified the problem with the kicks.

Unfortunately, rushing a release caused me to publish an older version.

I'll rip off another release in a couple of days, just going to get rid of a couple of other minor issues as well.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

I'll rip off another release in a couple of days, just going to get rid of a couple of other minor issues as well.

Hi 'P',

Er......................wondering if i need to install the newer version on release bearing in mind we haven't seen this problem?

pse advise.

Regards

'T'

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

Hi was hosting last night with Servman running, no problems except mission reassign randomly after saying mission will change in 5 hours. But today trying to host the pause button was visible and every time I clicked it it went back to paused mode.

Most odd. A reboot failed to cure it so had to run 2nd instal minus servman

Any comments appreciated:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, thats right - there's no sense to try to unpause the servers, instead ServMan will unpause it for you.

You can turn off these featrues in the config file though.

But ask yourself, if you see a server in the master-list, it's been running for 12 hours and nobody is connected. Would you connect?

Any targets left at all?

This is where you probably want to use the 'reset mission on empty server' and 'pause server when empty'.

Then players will come back to a target-rich environment.

Most players doesn't like to jump into a mission which may be 90% completed.

Okai, been working on moving all custom config files out of DCS install, to the \Saved Games\DCS Warthog\ServMan3

Somewhere in time, this means it'll be easier to load / change server behaviour on the fly - having multiple custom configs.

Somewhere in time, just another requirement for me to support different server-config depending on the mission you run.

No, lockon is too much of a legacy product - I've never gone near the code there. Sorry.

Normally you would get the answer by calling a function either because you changed mission "load_mission" or and event "on_mission" and you could hook onto these.

But I doubt current mission name is stored in a 'global variable table' aka _G due to access restriction from another LUA environment.

How is the fix coming along Panzertard? As for now the server do not retain ban's between map changes afaik. This makes it impossible to keep out those hooligans ;)

(HJ)

Upcoming changes - last mini-release before I start to implement Moa's 'stats':

3.0.1 for DCS:A-10C 1.1.0.8

Fixes:

- Fixed saving bantables

- Minor fixes with server pause / unpause, previous release did not include the updated code.

- Fixed kick, failed due to saving of bantables

- Minor fixes for the Set command as well as helptexts.

- Fixed a problem with sloppy coding in the Auto-restart of a mission, when mission wouldn't load as expected.

- Timeset would not work if mission_restart was used instead of mission_rotate. Devs has been given a crashcourse into checking their own code before release, this wont happen again.

Changes:

- /HELP made more useful. You can now search for parts of any keyword. Eg /help ban or /help list

- Lifting a ban now leaves a comment about who lifted the ban.

- ServMan will use "\Saved Games\DCS Warthog\ServMan3" for any saving - or loading modded configs.

All saving will happen in this directory. Will not longer save files in the DCS install directory.

NEW *** Custom config can be SAVED or LOADED. ***

With the config profiles, you can now quickly load a PUBLIC or SQUAD config if you like. When settings are saved, all the relevant SERVMAN settings will be saved to a new file in the "\Saved Games\DCS Warthog\ServMan3".

CONFIG Syntax

/CONF SAVE MyPublicConf or /CONF LOAD public or just /CONF

Explanation:

- 'SAVE' and 'LOAD' are keywords.

- SAVE: MyPublicConf is the name for the file.

- LOAD: 'public' acts as a filter, loading first file matching 'public', which is 'MyPublicConf'.

Without the keywords, CONF will list available configs.

About the files:

- Files will be assigned the prefix CONF_ and suffix .lua. Ex: "CONF_MyPublicConf.lua" or "CONF_noTeamKills.lua" etc

- Files are saved in or loaded from the "\Saved Games\DCS Warthog\ServMan3"

/INFO now includes the config which is in effect.

I'll give you a heads up when it's uploaded - I still need a few more hours.

Edited by Panzertard