ServMan v3 for DCS:A-10C Warthog

Panzertard

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

I have the problem that my server (and other servers from teammembers) won't remove the pause after a client joined the server.

The setting is set to TRUE in the serverconfig.lua

We installed the latest version of ServMan from the first posting.

Can anybody help?

And if you change settings to false ...

..\Users\...\Saved Games\DCS Warthog\Config\network.cfg

Line 12 .. pause_on_load = true,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My pit

i7-3770K (3500 MHz) | Corsair Hydro H110 | Corsair Carbide 500R | ASUS P8Z77-V Pro |

16GB Corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 (4X4GB)| GTX 1080 + GTX750 |520 GB SSD | PSU Antec HCP-850

1x27", 1x21", 1x19" | SB X-Fi | TIR5+Clip Pro |TMHW | Saitek Rudder | Helios | G-13 | G-110 | Win7 x64

That's my setting and the server won't unpause...

-- NEW: will allow a mission rotate/restart announcement to appear. 3 examples below:
   -- NOTE: Order must be incremental, smallest numbers first.
   -- miz_rotate_announcement = { 1,2,3,4,5,10,15,60,120,180 },   -- at 3 hours, 2 hours, 1 hour, 15 mins, 10 mins, and every min from 5 to 1 min
   -- miz_rotate_announcement = { 1,5,10,15,60 },                    -- at 1 hour, 15 mins, 10 mins, 5 min and final call at 1 min.
   --miz_rotate_announcement = { 0 },                             -- disabled
   miz_rotate_announcement = { 0 },

--If true the current mission will be paused once all players left the server. Set to false to disable.
   pause_if_server_empty        = true,

--If true the current mission will be unpaused when a new player enters an empty server. A mission will also be
   --resumed ~1min after loading if the server is not empty. Set to false to disable.
   resume_if_server_not_empty    = true,

--If true the server automatically restarts the current mission when all players left the server.
   --Set to false to disable.
   restart_if_server_empty        = true,

--Number of human teamkills after which a player will be kicked automatically. Set to 0 to disable.
   kick_after_teamkills        = 2,

And yes, the pause_on_load = true

Once I set it to false the server is not paused if nobody is joined.

Edited by =STP= Dragon

Negative for me: It works in our server. But I can suggest a workaround useful only for mission starting purpose: Set mission to start unpaused, than by SLmod set a command (POS or chat_cmd) that restart the mission when typed/choosed. This way you can restart the mission at the moment you prefer.

Bu

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Than you can set a unit inside zone trigger logic near the airport/farp (maybe linked to something else like altitude or particoular timing, maybe) to activate the "load mission" action.

But I repeat, I'm only telling you every workaround that I'm thinking about... Since on our server the problem doesn't exist, surely it depends on something that need to be found and fixed.

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

... but what can it be?

I used a older version of the mod before and it worked.

But now we decided to synchronize our (7) servers with all the same versions and configs...

... but what can it be?

I used a older version of the mod before and it worked.

But now we decided to synchronize our (7) servers with all the same versions and configs...

Have you tried to install last version of servman with modman?. I remenber I had this issue installing manually and it didn't work, but installing with modman and works well.

@ xifu: I installed it manually. I will try it with modman today and give feedback.

@ HiJack: I'm doing so. The mod generally works fine. I'm able to log on and choose missions.

Only the automatic unpause won't work.

... the only difference between installing this mod manually and with modman is, that the I manually renamed the original main.lua to _ORIGINAL_main.lua.

Modman removes the original main.lua

Can it be that the original main.lua is still working although I renamed it?

I think thats the point of renaming it, that way no other files reference the file name. Do any of the other commands work? While its paused you should be able to login or do other commands.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

That's my setting and the server won't unpause...

-- NEW: will allow a mission rotate/restart announcement to appear. 3 examples below:
   -- NOTE: Order must be incremental, smallest numbers first.
   -- miz_rotate_announcement = { 1,2,3,4,5,10,15,60,120,180 },   -- at 3 hours, 2 hours, 1 hour, 15 mins, 10 mins, and every min from 5 to 1 min
   -- miz_rotate_announcement = { 1,5,10,15,60 },                    -- at 1 hour, 15 mins, 10 mins, 5 min and final call at 1 min.
   --miz_rotate_announcement = { 0 },                             -- disabled
   miz_rotate_announcement = { 0 },

--If true the current mission will be paused once all players left the server. Set to false to disable.
   pause_if_server_empty        = true,

--If true the current mission will be unpaused when a new player enters an empty server. A mission will also be
   --resumed ~1min after loading if the server is not empty. Set to false to disable.
   resume_if_server_not_empty    = true,

--If true the server automatically restarts the current mission when all players left the server.
   --Set to false to disable.
   restart_if_server_empty        = true,

--Number of human teamkills after which a player will be kicked automatically. Set to 0 to disable.
   kick_after_teamkills        = 2,

And yes, the pause_on_load = true

Once I set it to false the server is not paused if nobody is joined.

I've experienced the same problem, but overcame it by adjusting the settings. Initially, the settings I used were the same as yours, with the same results. I would suggest trying different settings even though it may not be your ideal unmonitered dedi server config at the moment. From what I've gathered, no one has figured out how to rotate a running mission with active players without getting a CTD yet (servman or not), so it really doesn't matter. A handsoff server is currently an elusive endeavor.

What worked for me (to get the server to unpause when players enter):

restart_miz_after = 0

rotate_miz_after = 360 --(or, your preference)

pause_if_server_empty = true,

resume_if_server_not_empty = true,

restart_if_server_empty = false,

Oh, and, I concur that the latest version of servman worked fine with 1.1.1.0 and now behaves differently since 1.1.1.1. Until someone modifies servman, this may be a workaround as we await improvements from ED.

Okay, I think I've worked it out... it only works properly if you have either rotate_miz_after or restart_miz_after enabled.

If neither of those are set, then the function which determines how much longer is left in the mission returns nil, and there's another function invoked whenever the server is deciding whether to pause or resume which tries to do some calculations using that value. If it's nil then a script error is logged and the processing is interrupted.

I worked around it by just setting the mission restart time to 600 minutes and now automatic pause/unpause works properly and so does the MOTD.

Hmmmmmm.......

Our server has different settings completely and we haven't seen a problem such as the one you are mentioning.

Pause is fine, rotate mission is fine and even mission voting (when we had more than one mission running, currently they are ALL being 'upgraded' to 1.1.1.1, as is usually the case after every patch)

However, general mp stability to be frank, is shocking. World.dll, effects.dll the normal culprits.

But, thats the price we pay. Shame it HAS to be compromised this way.

If anyone wants to compare serverconfig.lua files and try to tie down other misnomers and mismatches of apparent crashes caused by servman whilst panzer is away, let me know and we'll set something up, but definitely off here.

I suggest that we re-visit this thread when and if, we have found out for sure what the problems are. Feel free to pm me to arrange via TS and file browser system.

'T'

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

I fixed the problem but sadly I don't know why.

I installed the mod by modman and exchanged the serverconfig with no good result.

Then I uninstalled the mod and reinstalled it without changeing the config and it was OK.

So I edited the config manually without touching the mission rotation settings.

Now it is OK.

Okay, I think I've worked it out... it only works properly if you have either rotate_miz_after or restart_miz_after enabled.

MOTD.

I've tried this settings in my server, " Restar_miz_after = 600 " , but when I click to connect, the server crash :huh: , Back to " restar_miz_after = 0," and it works. no crash

this is the crash file, if it helps

# -------------- 20120115-132716 --------------

C:\Windows\system32\ntdll.dll

# C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 76F9803B 01:0006703B

#

# EAX = 2561E990

# EBX = 03700000

# ECX = 00000000

# EDX = 00000000

# ESI = 2561E988

# EDI = 2561E470

# CS:EIP = 001B:76F9803B

# SS:ESP = 0023:0012E510 EBP = 0012E538

# DS = 0023 ES = 0023 FS = 003B GS = 0000

# Flags = 00210246

76F9803B 0012E538 0001:0006703B C:\Windows\system32\ntdll.dll RtlTryEnterCriticalSection()+E8

76F9803B 0012E538 0001:0006703B C:\Windows\system32\ntdll.dll RtlTryEnterCriticalSection()+E8

76F98287 0012E630 0001:00067287 C:\Windows\system32\ntdll.dll RtlTryEnterCriticalSection()+334

76F984C2 0012E64C 0001:000674C2 C:\Windows\system32\ntdll.dll RtlTryEnterCriticalSection()+56F

75DEC76F 0012E660 0001:0004B76F C:\Windows\system32\kernel32.dll HeapFree()+14

698C3C1B 0012E6AC 0001:00062C1B C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.6161_none_50934f2ebcb7eb57\MSVCR90.dll free()+CD

0321C2BB 2552D950 0001:0003B2BB C:\simuladores\DCS A-10C\bin\AsyncNet.dll Ordinal9()+3C2BB

2555A088 2555A088 0000:00000000

2552D950 2555A08C 0000:00000000

0321B030 2555A090 0001:0003A030 C:\simuladores\DCS A-10C\bin\AsyncNet.dll Ordinal9()+3B030

0321B2F0 2555A094 0001:0003A2F0 C:\simuladores\DCS A-10C\bin\AsyncNet.dll Ordinal9()+3B2F0

0321B120 2555A098 0001:0003A120 C:\simuladores\DCS A-10C\bin\AsyncNet.dll Ordinal9()+3B120

0ECC0018 2555A09C 0000:00000000