ServMan v3 for DCS:A-10C Warthog

Panzertard

ServMan v.3

The third iteration of ServMan is ready, this time for your DCS:A-10C Warthog.

Yay! :D

ServMan_Logo.jpg

No new features for you in this version, DCS:A-10C compatability is the only change. Well, that and some minor bugfixes & code cleanup.

Requirements:

- DCS:A-10C Warthog 1.1.0.7 or newer.

1.1.0.6 not supported.

For DCS:BS and FC2, see the previous version.

Manuals:

- Main ServMan 2.5 thread

- Players Guide to ServMan

- Squad Members Guide to ServMan

- Admins Operation Guide

- Admins Configuration Guide

- Deep dive to ServMan

New Download 3.0.1 FULL: See attachement below (will be uploaded to files@dcs as soon as you gents can give me a thumbs up)

Old Download 3.0: http://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/59497/

3.0.1 for DCS:A-10C 1.1.0.8

Fixes:

- Fixed saving bantables

- Minor fixes with server pause / unpause, previous release did not include the updated code.

- Fixed kick, failed due to saving of bantables

- Minor fixes for the Set command as well as helptexts.

- Fixed a problem with sloppy coding in the Auto-restart of a mission, when mission wouldn't load as expected.

- Timeset would not work if mission_restart was used instead of mission_rotate. Devs has been given a crashcourse into checking their own code before release, this wont happen again.

Changes:

- /HELP made more useful. You can now search for parts of any keyword. Eg /help ban or /help list

- Lifting a ban now leaves a comment about who lifted the ban.

- ServMan will use "\Saved Games\DCS Warthog\ServMan3" for any saving - or loading modded configs.

All saving will happen in this directory. Will not longer save files in the DCS install directory.

NEW *** Custom config can be SAVED or LOADED. ***

With the config profiles, you can now quickly load a PUBLIC or SQUAD config if you like. When settings are saved, all the relevant SERVMAN settings will be saved to a new file in the "\Saved Games\DCS Warthog\ServMan3".

CONFIG Syntax

/CONF SAVE MyPublicConf or /CONF LOAD public or just /CONF

Explanation:

- 'SAVE' and 'LOAD' are keywords.

- SAVE: MyPublicConf is the name for the file.

- LOAD: 'public' acts as a filter, loading first file matching 'public', which is 'MyPublicConf'.

Without the keywords, CONF will list available configs.

About the files:

- Files will be assigned the prefix CONF_ and suffix .lua. Ex: "CONF_MyPublicConf.lua" or "CONF_noTeamKills.lua" etc

- Files are saved in or loaded from the "\Saved Games\DCS Warthog\ServMan3"

/INFO now includes the config which is in effect.

NEW NEW *** miz_rotate_announcement: Will do a onscreen countdown before mission rotate / restart.

Will display a "time left before restart / rotate"

In the serverconfig.lua:

-- NOTE: Order must be incremental, smallest numbers first.

-- miz_rotate_announcement = { 1,2,3,4,5,10,15,60,120,180 }, -- at 3 hours, 2 hours, 1 hour, 15 mins, 10 mins, and every min from 5 to 1 min

-- miz_rotate_announcement = { 1,5,10,15,60 }, -- at 1 hour, 15 mins, 10 mins, 5 min and final call at 1 min.

-- miz_rotate_announcement = { 0 }, -- disabled

miz_rotate_announcement = { 1,2,3,4,5,10,15,60 },

BIG BLUE NOTE:

- You must use the serverconfig.lua attached within this package, since it contains new settings.

Do not use your OLD serverconfig.

ModMan 7.3 + Patch A-10C required - to install Attachment:

ServMan301rc1.zip

Edited by Panzertard
  • Like 5

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome, but I don't think this is cause for concern:

A NOTE to Server Admins & Programmers:

You cannot run several Serverside mods which uses the same FUNCTIONS or FILES at the same time.

This is due to how programming semantics in LUA works and how the server-side functions are put together.

ServMan uses the server.lua and events.lua files and functions- however doesn't use the original files anymore. I've just moved them out of the original files to avoid problems when you upgrade your server from 1.1.0.x to 1.1.0.y.

All hope is not lost, LUA in itself may actually provide us with the tools to do this. But it needs a bit of study.

You just use "servman_server.lua" instead of "server.lua", right? It's actually quite simple, I can make the next version of chatIOlib I create simply search for "servman_server.lua" and insert its code into there if it finds it. I can release a compatible-with-servman version this weekend, with some additional upgrades I have nearly ready.

But in the meantime, the "getupdate" in On Station and Separatist Aggression will be incompatible with Servman3.

• Like 1

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Panzertard, thanks for your hard work on Servman. It is an awesome tool for the MP community. We are also thankful for you looking at Servman compatibility with FC2 stats by Moa. 4C are also using Moa's stats and perhaps others soon as well, so it will be well appreciated.

Yeeeeeha!!!

ServMan will come and save the day!

Now I only need a A-10 DVD and the =STP= Nr.2 Server is online!

Panzertard, thanks for your hard work on Servman. It is an awesome tool for the MP community. We are also thankful for you looking at Servman compatibility with FC2 stats by Moa. 4C are also using Moa's stats and perhaps others soon as well, so it will be well appreciated.

+1 :thumbup:

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Was that your reason for not having a server :music_whistling:

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Was that your reason for not having a server :music_whistling:

You have any idea how annoying it is to babysit a public server without any type of admin tools or dedicated server program? I mean, any idea at all? This addon makes life 100x easier.

You have any idea how annoying it is to babysit a public server without any type of admin tools or dedicated server program? I mean, any idea at all? This addon makes life 100x easier.

Yes I do, but that didn't stop us and others from having a server.

I dont have the time available to babysit kids in a public server, neither does 99% of the multiplayer population. Why do you think there is only one or two open servers compared to the endless supply of password protected servers. Nobody likes to sit and watch chat messeges all day or view the scoreboard to view and watch for TKers, only to kick them and have them rejoin. Or sit and watch missions to view the status if they need to be restarted or new one loaded.

The list could go on and on, so I guess congrats for having a server up without this addon? But it's pretty evident by the multiplayer population that most would rather not run a server without this addon or something similiar.

But if you want to stroke your ego and ride the high horse and roll your eyes and play the I am better than you card, go ahead.

Yes I do, but that didn't stop us and others from having a server.

No, but the rest of is a bit lazier, ServMan FTW.

<-- End of OT -->

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Awesome, but I don't think this is cause for concern:

You just use "servman_server.lua" instead of "server.lua", right? It's actually quite simple, I can make the next version of chatIOlib I create simply search for "servman_server.lua" and insert its code into there if it finds it. I can release a compatible-with-servman version this weekend, with some additional upgrades I have nearly ready.

But in the meantime, the "getupdate" in On Station and Separatist Aggression will be incompatible with Servman3.

Cheers, Speed. Have a look at the \Addons folder for the files you meantioned.

I was thinking about using LUA's ability to keep different versions (different states of tables) to allow more modules to be loaded using the same syntax. Kind of a 'hidden' overload - but it'll be crazy to try to debug something like that when we debug looking for a problem in one specific 'overload'.

Your method is more straightforward :)

I dont have the time available to babysit kids in a public server, neither does 99% of the multiplayer population. Why do you think there is only one or two open servers compared to the endless supply of password protected servers. Nobody likes to sit and watch chat messeges all day or view the scoreboard to view and watch for TKers, only to kick them and have them rejoin. Or sit and watch missions to view the status if they need to be restarted or new one loaded.

The list could go on and on, so I guess congrats for having a server up without this addon? But it's pretty evident by the multiplayer population that most would rather not run a server without this addon or something similiar.

But if you want to stroke your ego and ride the high horse and roll your eyes and play the I am better than you card, go ahead.

I haven't bought DCS-A10C yet so I don't know how the servers are. That's pretty sad if people keep coming in to ruin it for everyone else. Check your pm about my ego

This great app has been made to help servers combat losers, so congrats to Panz for that.

No, but the rest of is a bit lazier, ServMan FTW.

<-- End of OT -->

I have nothing against ServMan, I think it's a great tool for servers. Hope you didn't take it that way. I was just saying that it shouldn't have been a reason not to have a server. by the way can you ban players the same way in FC2 in A-10C? Ban their UCID?

Edited by Cali

The BAN command don't kick player and it gives the following error:

00934.368 DEBUG   NET: Lua: KICKED client: id = [2], addr = 123.123.123.123, name = "Player1". Reason = "Banned by ServerAdmin: test"
00934.368 ERROR   Lua::Config: Call error server.on_chat:[string "Scripts/Addons/ServMan3/servman_server.lua"]:3516: attempt to call field 'output' (a nil value).

If the player leaves the server the local kick time is in effect when trying to join again but the local ban list is not updated.

(HJ)

The BAN command don't kick player and it gives the following error:

00934.368 DEBUG   NET: Lua: KICKED client: id = [2], addr = 123.123.123.123, name = "Player1". Reason = "Banned by ServerAdmin: test"
00934.368 ERROR   Lua::Config: Call error server.on_chat:[string "Scripts/Addons/ServMan3/servman_server.lua"]:3516: attempt to call field 'output' (a nil value).

If the player leaves the server the local kick time is in effect when trying to join again but the local ban list is not updated.

(HJ)

Thanks, something must have changed since the last test I did. - I'll have a look at it.

Hi panzer, I am having the following error:

### SERVMAN ERROR: Incorrect initialisation of variable(s) in conf_serverconfig.lua file, the following function(s) have been disabled: subadmins;

This is on a completely fresh install of the latest updated DCS 1.07 with no mods, installed correctly.

What should I look for to fix it? Looked in the serverconfig file but not sure what exactly to look for, subadmins it says but again not sure.

• Like 1

Hi panzer, I am having the following error:

### SERVMAN ERROR: Incorrect initialisation of variable(s) in conf_serverconfig.lua file, the following function(s) have been disabled: subadmins;

This is on a completely fresh install of the latest updated DCS 1.07 with no mods, installed correctly.

What should I look for to fix it? Looked in the serverconfig file but not sure what exactly to look for, subadmins it says but again not sure.

My bad, I kicked out a "generic" config file a bit too quickly.

Please check the conf_serverconfig.lua and the section down at:

Format/Example:
-- Please pay attention to the commas at the end of the line, it is required.
local subadmins=
{
["BartS"] = "Ay!Caramba12",
["Homer"] = "doh!!",
["name"] = "password"
}
]]

Change it to include the following:

Format/Example:
-- Please pay attention to the commas at the end of the line, it is required.
local subadmins=
{
["BartS"] = "Ay!Caramba12",
["Homer"] = "doh!!",
["name"] = "password"
}
]]
[color=blue]local subadmins=[/color]
[color=blue]{[/color]
[color=blue]}[/color]

You might want to add yourself or others as subadmins while you're at it.

• Like 1

Panzer: Thanks sir, that fixed it. Working perfect now.

Cali: No hard feelings, both made a deal out of something that didn't warrant it. Public apology.

Great work panzer. Thanks again for the great work and making hosting for dcs once again 500x easier of a job, no more box babysitting.