'Free Look' Camera views

DUSTY

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if there is any way to insert camera views into DCS. The purpose of this is for creating some DCS video's and I would love to get some footage from the ground of A-10s hitting targets.

Have had a pretty decent search through the forum but haven't been able to find anything.

many thanks

Edited by |DUSTY|

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

You have to manually place camera via F-11 over targets or close to the ground and snap view to it by pressing IIRC "Num ,". Then you can freely move camera from this point via mouse example.

Is it this what you mean?

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I think you would need to go to LCtrl+F11 to to to the free camera first. Then that view seems to get added to the list of views when you press F11.

But to possibly hijack this thread if the that is what the OP needed, I have something slightly different I was thinking about last night (This may be what the OP means also...dunno).

There was a thread on a different section that was dealing with the CBU burst heights, and I was thinking of doing some comparisons. To do a proper comparison I would need to add a view manually through some .cfg file, so that *same exact view* would be available across different times I would run the mission.

I poked around in the .cfg and some of the .lua files and could not find anywhere where I could add such a custom view. My original thought was to try and replace one of the airfield views that are available with the F11 key, but I could not find where the settings for those views are found. Any idea if this is possible?

Also, I was also trying to figure out how to change the default view/FOV when using the F7 key or some of the external views. When using the F7 key, the view is just way too close to the unit that shows up. In the view.lua file I tried changing the value for "ExternalViewAngleDefault = 60.0", but that didn't seem to work. Any ideas on this also?

Thankyou both for the very constructive replies!

I'll have to play around with that.

@zamboni - That sounds very interesting, please let me know if you have any success with your editing of .cfgs!

Many thanks

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB