LOMAC community Bored or just Dead?

The activity on hyperlobby has died down and the forum posting activity has really decreased. Simply put, it looks like the community is losing its interest in Lock On. Either that or the summertime is driving people outdoors to do other stuff like golf, motocycles, fishing... but seriously the lack of longevity of this sim is beginning to show. What would it take to bring interest back to Lock On? New campaigns? New patches?

Frankly put I think people are starting to lose interest in the game. What would it take to respark the flame for you guys?

T-Bone

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus G72GX | CPU: Core 2 Duo Overclocked @ 2.9Ghz | Memory 6GB DDR2 | Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 260m 1GB | OS: Windows 7 Home Premium | Monitor: Samsung 32" LCD

LOMAC 1.0 to FC 1.12 System RIP (2003-2010) | AMD Athlon 64 3000+ overclocked to 2565MHz | NVidia Geforce 7800 GS AGP 256 MB | 1GB Kingston PC2700 DDR DRAM | Windows 2000 with SP4

Hmm, lets see:

-This game has absolutely no storyline (don't tell it does because I can't find it)

-If it does, then it's in some obscure region of the world which nobody gives a crap about

-This game is focused on the hardcore sim people who care more about radar rather than fun

-This game riddled with bugs (still)

-It runs slow with high settings, and looks crap on low settings. Takes up huge amount of ram on medium settings.

-This game has no appeal what so ever to new people because it's so complex and not fun oriented

-This game does not create any tostesterone when playing

-This game is nowhere near as fun as USAF

So yeah, Devs, before you go ahead and spend countless hours on improving the "AFM" and "KA52s" please take a look at the whole game, and try to find a point for it.

• Like 1

Hmm, lets see:

-This game has absolutely no storyline (don't tell it does because I can't find it)

-If it does, then it's in some obscure region of the world which nobody gives a crap about

Can't have a storyline without a solid campaign engine ... dynamic or otherwise.

-This game is focused on the hardcore sim people who care more about radar rather than fun

You haven't played a 'hardcore' sim yet, have you? ;)

-This game riddled with bugs (still)

As are most of the games out there.

-It runs slow with high settings, and looks crap on low settings. Takes up huge amount of ram on medium settings.

Yep.

-This game has no appeal what so ever to new people because it's so complex and not fun oriented

-This game does not create any tostesterone when playing

-This game is nowhere near as fun as USAF

Are we playing the same game? Try talking smack about a squad or two and see how much testosterone you get ;)

So yeah, Devs, before you go ahead and spend countless hours on improving the "AFM" and "KA52s" please take a look at the whole game, and try to find a point for it.

Yes, like a solid mission editor and AI revamp that will include things like events, proper tanker behavior, proper awacs behavior, proper flight planning, and aaaaaaall that good stuff.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Need some fresh news to get excited about.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Then go join a gunzo ladder. No seriously - if that's what you're after, that's what you should do :)

BVR compat canbe pretty intense as well however, but only in the many on many case, one on one it's better to just do CAC/combat.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I don't understand why so many people play FB, and we only have a handful of people flying LO. I think it is because it is mush easier, ok back to Lock On, blue side NEEDS a Su-33 like aircraft! I agree with Wanks that USAF was a very fun game to play, but I like LO way better. Too bad people don't fly that anymore...

Well, we could do with a Mirage F-1C or Jaguar (I'd prefer the Mirage ... has ARMs) but unfortunately anything mroe modern wouldn't work.

Or an F-5E, but that thing's got low towing capacity and range.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

strange, mine ran quite well since I got it and is amazingly fast now that I've upgraded my computer.

I think it's combined of summer holidays and the fact there is no drama in the community a la F4 politics means that posting is only in spats.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Yes, like a solid mission editor and AI revamp that will include things like events, proper tanker behavior, proper awacs behavior, proper flight planning, and aaaaaaall that good stuff.

Please . . . . pleeeaaasse please please please . . . . . please . . . (grovel grovel) . . . . . pleeaase?

I don't understand why so many people play FB, and we only have a handful of people flying LO. I think it is because it is mush easier, ok back to Lock On, blue side NEEDS a Su-33 like aircraft! I agree with Wanks that USAF was a very fun game to play, but I like LO way better. Too bad people don't fly that anymore...

Leap in and fly. Shrug.

I'm flying the campaign missions (Su27 and Su25T) at the moment - but it requires a couple of spare hours to dedicate to them, and at this point in the summer I have a lot less time spare than I'd like. When the weather gets better, I'll be spending huge chunks of time flying, too . . . .

Well, we could do with a Mirage F-1C or Jaguar (I'd prefer the Mirage ... has ARMs) but unfortunately anything mroe modern wouldn't work.

Ghost, the Jaguar carries the AS.37 Martel ARM. I know I've said it a million times but the Jaguar would be a great fit in Lomac . . .

The problem is;

Lomac just couldn't catch the attention of big "hardcore" sim community.Because it has so little depth in avionics and some problems with realism.This just don't "satisfy" the needs of the big community.But It's good that Lomac has a nice network code,this is what makes people play and add some longevity.

As a Falconer said "Lomac is a good game,but can only be a 'Aerobatics sim' in the long term."

Good FM is there,good graphics is there;but realism and avionics is missing.It should be a game that will be able to satisfy most of the community.Make it full real,but add scalable realism options that even a arcade simmer (VVanks?) can play it while having fun.

Btw VVank I'm sure you want a lomac that is as real as "Ace Combat".Yeah radar and is so complicated in Lock-On.Like turning it on with "I" and then sleving the TDC with the arrow keys.That's damn hard to me.Don't forget the lock and launch buttons too :)

Please no more aircraft,no more new toys.Just a little "depth".

What would it take to bring interest back to Lock On? New campaigns? New patches?

Frankly put I think people are starting to lose interest in the game. What would it take to respark the flame for you guys?

T-Bone

Yeah new campaigns! Someting like the Black Sea Ops campaign! You know what I'm talking about, T-Bone? ;)

In fact how is it progressing? Is still work being done on it? I know you lauched the website the other day so do we have any chance to see it released one day?

Realism is missing?

Were you aware that AAA in F4AF SHOOTS THROUGH MOUNTAINS?

Realism is pretty darn relative when you get down to little things liek that ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not talking about little details.Falcon is still a very old game and I don't care about it's bugs.No matter how ironed it is.

I'm talking about how "attractive" for a simmer Lock-On would be IF it had Falcon level realism and avionics,as well as good graphics and FM.Most like the "successor" of Falcon.But scalable difficulty for everyone.

As simple as this,I don't give a darn about AAA firing through the mountains.It's just the general feeling ;)

(hey do you know how stinger/igla man still burns after 2 patches and 1 add-on?That's alot worse to me than AAA firing through mountains.Bugs and realism are different things :) )

I'm hoping that Lock-On's successor will manage to do this.

The igla guy is less realistic than AAA firing through mountains?

F4 is a nice avionics and campaign sim, but insofar as realism goes, it has a bunch of problems, and that's all there is to it.

'I don't care about AAA shooting through mountains' is the call of the ignorant or the deluded.

LOMAC doesn't have anything on Falcon in terms of avionics or campaign, but it sure does have a lot of things on top of it in other ways. ;)

Theer's also a rather large difference betwee 'realism' and 'avionics fidelity'. Learn it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The igla guy is less realistic than AAA firing through mountains?

F4 is a nice avionics and campaign sim, but insofar as realism goes, it has a bunch of problems, and that's all there is to it.

'I don't care about AAA shooting through mountains' is the call of the ignorant or the deluded.

LOMAC doesn't have anything on Falcon in terms of avionics or campaign, but it sure does have a lot of things on top of it in other ways. ;)

Theer's also a rather large difference betwee 'realism' and 'avionics fidelity'.

And yes, the successor aims to have much more avionics fidelity and DC, though how much of all that we will get we'll just have to see.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you calling me "ignorant"?I've never seen it happen and it doesn't spoil anything for me.

And yeah,so far Igla guy is less realistic :)

And yes, the successor aims to have much more avionics fidelity and DC

Amen. :)

Guest ThomasDWeiss

I am still having fun with LO and don't care much about other flight sims.

I thought that our community was difficult - but when I read some posts at other forums, I discovered, they hate each other and the sims they fly.

What many want is a hyper-reaistic Pentium II friendly sim that takes about 15 minutes to master.