LOMAC community Bored or just Dead?

Buzzu, the F-16 FM in F4AF is a rolelr coaster.

Just ebcause the real one is 'easier to fly' doesn't mean it's exempt from teh laws of physics, which the F4AF model DOES NOT DISPLAY.

I agree that F4AF is not accurate in the FM, and i'm only saying that, because of what more experienced guys have said. What I meant was if both sims were 100% accurate. The Viper would be easy to fly compared to the Su-25. No?

Can you say the Su-25 is 100% accurate in LO? Has a real Su-25 pilot flown LO and said it's dead bang right on perfect? Or have they said that's pretty close?

Buzz

Hmmm I don't know if we are playing the same game, but I can't lock planes through mountains. Do you have 1.1 or 1.02?

I have 1.1 and I can't do that anyone else?

yup. 1.1 for me. On Jabog32 server I usualy fly low close to red base. Sometimes I chase down migs and I had managed to maintain lock through mountains on several occasions. feels kind bad when I shot him down as he poped up on the other side. Must be confusing for him :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

well served for them then!icon10.gif

My PC specs below:

I've been playing it alot this summer, just not on HL -doing mostly direct IP or some offline quick missions.

I bought the FC1.1 and enjoy flying it with squadmates -- nothing better than watching the enemy take a hit with the fantastic lomac explosions!

I would like to have the F15 capable of some ground attack capability - that would top it off for me :)

I agree that F4AF is not accurate in the FM, and i'm only saying that, because of what more experienced guys have said. What I meant was if both sims were 100% accurate. The Viper would be easy to fly compared to the Su-25. No?

Can you say the Su-25 is 100% accurate in LO? Has a real Su-25 pilot flown LO and said it's dead bang right on perfect? Or have they said that's pretty close?

Let me put this in perspective for you ...

The Su-25 LOMAC FM is a LOT closer to the real thing than the F4AF F-16 FM is to the real thing. A LOT.

Now, if F4AF got the HFFMs implemented (F4's equivalent fo AFM) then you'd see the 16 work much closer to the real thing than it does in F4AF, but still not quite at the same level (to be brief, some inputs aren't coupled, that's why) ... clear now? :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Let me put this in perspective for you ...

The Su-25 LOMAC FM is a LOT closer to the real thing than the F4AF F-16 FM is to the real thing. A LOT.

Now, if F4AF got the HFFMs implemented (F4's equivalent fo AFM) then you'd see the 16 work much closer to the real thing than it does in F4AF, but still not quite at the same level (to be brief, some inputs aren't coupled, that's why) ... clear now? :)

That I dont have difficulty in believing. F4 only intepolates drag and lift points. Innertia is left out. Thats why it doesnt apear as aestecticaly pleasing as the real thing or even LOMAC. LOMAC models the Su-25 very well in this respect although I think the frogfoot has to much of inertia in it to simulate... ;)

My PC specs below:

That I dont have difficulty in believing. F4 only intepolates drag and lift points. Innertia is left out. Thats why it doesnt apear as aestecticaly pleasing as the real thing or even LOMAC. LOMAC models the Su-25 very well in this respect although I think the frogfoot has to much of inertia in it to simulate... ;)

Well, I think you got the whole point. In a real fighter, like F-16 or Mig-29, inertia is not a big factor in comparison to drag/lift. An AFM for the Mig-29 would be as fun to fly as it is now, just a little bit more challenging and more smooth to watch. ED managed to model a flying pig very well with the Su-25T. Not a way to attract customers IMHO.

I did the test: I had this mission where I knock out an early warning radar with the Su-25T protected by some Shilka's. In the T, it takes me like hours to get there trying to keep this blunt piece of armor in the air, before I can shoot something guided at the radar. Most of the time the shilka eats a piece of my mount before I can finally crawl away.

I just kicked out the Su-25T from the mission and fly the Mig-29 with some cluster bombs instead. I'm flying medium alt, dive on the radar in CCIP, and before the shilka can say schmirnoff the radar is dead and I am flying on my way for a late evening Caucasus tour with the rest of the fuel at 600 kts. OK the Mig has no armor, so what?

So yes, modelling inertia is fine, but just do it for fighters please, not for flying tanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wrong type of mission for the comparison you're making. Of course the MiG will fair better in a strike that doesn't require a precision strike, requires you to strike only one target and speed can be quite the advantage agaisnt the only defender.

Now try the same but with a properly dispersed tank column (ie. something you can't hit with a single CBU or two in a neat row)

I think you'll find the 25T will beat the mig there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

If aircraft leave their jammers on they will get locked through mountains.

WOW that is the first I have heard of that. People on-line fly with their jammers on way too often anyways. Only use them when you need to.

From my knowledge(on the ground anyway) the aircraft momentum for the 25T feels spot on in relation to the braking distance. It'll be interesting to see how FOs FMs handle since as their calculations also include other aspects of flight.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Wrong type of mission for the comparison you're making. Of course the MiG will fair better in a strike that doesn't require a precision strike, requires you to strike only one target and speed can be quite the advantage agaisnt the only defender.

Now try the same but with a properly dispersed tank column (ie. something you can't hit with a single CBU or two in a neat row)

I think you'll find the 25T will beat the mig there.

Used correctly the 25T should never come in range of shilkas, I think you are right the 25T is the ultimate tank killer in lockon. Can nail 18 targets before having to rearm which is awesome.(wonder why he never killed the 23s first)

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I agree with country cow freak on this topic, everyones down the beach at this time of year in the North. Exactly the same thing happened last year. At the moment the 35th is using F4 AF doing the Dynamic Campaign but I still drop into HL for the odd flight.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Hmm, lets see:

-This game has absolutely no storyline (don't tell it does because I can't find it)

-If it does, then it's in some obscure region of the world which nobody gives a crap about

-This game is focused on the hardcore sim people who care more about radar rather than fun

-This game riddled with bugs (still)

-It runs slow with high settings, and looks crap on low settings. Takes up huge amount of ram on medium settings.

-This game has no appeal what so ever to new people because it's so complex and not fun oriented

-This game does not create any tostesterone when playing

-This game is nowhere near as fun as USAF

So yeah, Devs, before you go ahead and spend countless hours on improving the "AFM" and "KA52s" please take a look at the whole game, and try to find a point for it.

I totally disagree and I think that you are missing the big picture.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Hi guys.

I'm sorta new here but have posted a few times. Recently got LOMAC, and I reckon I'll get FC as soon as it is available here. Still doing training tracks (with keyboard mind you!) and having fun just doing that. Once I'm a tad better I hope to be seeing you guys online, so while I can't say whether it is or isn't dieing, I can say that for a 2 year old game it seems to be doing quite well to me.

We have a local supplier here (South Africa) which supplies NaturalPoint products (like TrackIR) which will be bringing some baxed copies in, I think they are waiting for the shipment to arrive. Failing that I'll buy the download version from here, but I wanna support the local guys

Don't give up on the dynamic campaign. It's doable, it's being worked on and it will be good especially if ED fix some specific issues.

Lock on MUST have toe-brake functionality with differential braking

I hope you're right Andy. Lock On needs it soooo bad.

Buzz

Hi all.

The activity on hyperlobby has died down and the forum posting activity has really decreased. Simply put, it looks like the community is losing its interest in Lock On. Either that or the summertime is driving people outdoors to do other stuff like golf, motocycles, fishing... but seriously the lack of longevity of this sim is beginning to show. What would it take to bring interest back to Lock On? New campaigns? New patches?

Frankly put I think people are starting to lose interest in the game. What would it take to respark the flame for you guys?

T-Bone

For me, it is work for the company(8 story addition to a local hospital), work for my Sister's/Bro-in Law's new house(2600 sq. ft. and a 30x40 pole barn), work for me(chores). Golf, bikes, and fishing???? HA- maybe next summer.

I am not even close to losing interest in LO/FC. I am taking the day for me and playing all day. -KILSEK