to ED about starforce

hello ED,

i fly with lomac 1.1 F.C. and now i have to add 1 hd, in which i want to install another version of windows dedicated to job. naturally in second hd i'll not install lomac. the question is: when i installed lomac i had just 1 hd and now, installing another, could i have same problems with starforce protection, because it find one more hd?

thanks

nannosk, you might want to save your registry activation info using small utility from offsite before adding new HDD. add drive and apply saved registry keys, then run LO to check.

Generally, adding a new HDD must not trigger SF re-activation request.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

hello ED,

i fly with lomac 1.1 F.C. and now i have to add 1 hd, in which i want to install another version of windows dedicated to job. naturally in second hd i'll not install lomac. the question is: when i installed lomac i had just 1 hd and now, installing another, could i have same problems with starforce protection, because it find one more hd?

thanks

I hope you have the cd version.

The answer is NO, you don't need to reactivate your installation. I've already tried that (added another HD).

Something else happened when I've switched motherboard though ;) I had to reactivate (starforce registry backup utility does not help here).

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• 1 year later...

Ok I have a quick question about the activation process. I have Xp. Multiple users, most of them are setup as admin. FC runs fine on my main one. But I notice that on other logins, Starforce wants to reactivate?... humm why? Actually tried to re activate it on a second Xp login and it actually failed, reckon -1 activation do to this endeavor. Ain't the registry setting the same?

Should not Starforce support multiple user login on the same PC? It's the same PC after all. No big issue in the end. Just to force to play on my main login. But was wondering about it. Maybe I'm not doing something right...

Any suggestion?

PS. Using download version.