BSOD: Power_driver_state_failure randomly occurs while playing...HELP

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see you are calmly waiting for the new stick. As Jeff says, it will all probably be fine and if not you get to meet a Dell tech. In the end you will be having fun...although not as soon as you had planned.

Looking forward to what you think of the Warthog.:thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

using the uninstallers in "Programs and Features" in your control panel should be fine.

BTW, the names for the programs to uninstall may not say Saitek. My programming software is just called "Smart Technology Programming Software" followed by a version. The driver software is listed as "Saitek Direct Output" also followed by a number.

Those should be the only things you need to get rid of from what I can see.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hmmmmmmmm....

Either he's flying in blissful ignorance that we're all here waiting to hear how its doing.......

. Or

His laptop BSOD'd and he's sitting inside of his idling car in the closed garage holding a little A-10 plastic model.

Poor Lucifer, he's an excitable kid that just wanted to fly.....

Edited by jeffyd123

i7 8700K @ 4.4Ghz, 16G 3200 RAM, Nvidia 1080Ti, T16000 HOTAS, TIR5, 75" DLP Monitor

Hey Jeff, LOL. Went out last night and it got pretty late. IT WORKS! Tried it for little over an hour, tried training, surrounded, etc. No BSOD and the stck seems MUCH more responsive. I will test it more extensively today :) but it is working really good at this point. The WARTHOG is unbelievaby cool- with TIR it adds so much immersion...its outstanding. I'm running it through my Pluggable external Port and it is working fine. I didn't get a chance to run it with TIR last night, gonna try that this morning. Thank you and cichildfan for all your're help and patience. If you have any advice or questions, let me know.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hmmmmmmmm....

Either he's flying in blissful ignorance that we're all here waiting to hear how its doing.......

. Or

His laptop BSOD'd and he's sitting inside of his idling car in the closed garage holding a little A-10 plastic model.

Poor Lucifer, he's an excitable kid that just wanted to fly.....

:megalol:

Actually, I was thinking that his dad saw the Warthog and realized what he had just paid $500 for and well...:smilewink:

Really, I was of the "Too busy enjoying his new toy to bother with us since we are no longer useful!" camp.:)

• Like 1

Phew! ....

I feel like I just gave birth!

well so it was the stick... interesting. I wonder if its just junk or it draws too much power?

Glad to hear its working for you Lucifer! frustrating but you got an awesome stick out of the dealio!

Have fun buuuuuuuuuuddddy. Im at the first fighter wing if you want to fly sometime (great guys over there). http://firstfighterwing.com/joomla/... jump on their teamspeak.

thanks to the others and cichlidfan for their help as well. been quite the little tech support ordeal eh?

Remember to clean that laptop out once a month lucifer.....

Im outta here!

Jeff

i7 8700K @ 4.4Ghz, 16G 3200 RAM, Nvidia 1080Ti, T16000 HOTAS, TIR5, 75" DLP Monitor

Blow air in the vent where the hot air comes out, that canned air stuff works good. dont let dust bunnies build up in there... gaming on a laptop needs max airflow or it'll burn up.

go get team speak 3 client and install it, then go to this link http://firstfighterwing.com/joomla/

then click on the top of the TeamSpeak list (it says 1st VFW) on the right side of the web page. it will start teamspeak and hook you up.... hopefully. Ill look for ya in there... just hang out and talk with people.... say your visiting from an invite from dethjeff (me). Its a good way to learn by flying with people....

either way have fun learning!

Jeff

everything is working great joystick wise! But I seem to have develped a different problem (no BSOD, don't worry). During DSMS training and landing, the instructor gives me orders, I follow them, and nothing happens. Eventually, the application crashed during DSMS as I kept pressing the buttons hoping to jog the program. I got a BEX64 error code...sorry to bother you guys again (I REALLY am), but is there any way you can help me with this?

just unplugged the warthog, same problem...definitly seems software related...no crash, but no instructor after I am told to set ILS frequency in landing training. Could someone with the 1.1.0 patch try landing training and see if you get the same/similar error? Or does anybody know of a way of fixing this? Is it possible to roll back the patch (I have the Steam version)?

ya lucifer as far as i know the training is broken... i tried it and it started doing weird things and locked up or wouldnt respond.... never tried it again.

best thing is to troll the foruims to learn new things and read stuff off the net about the game.... theres some very good training videos out there.