What is realistic missile effectiveness setting?

What is realistic missile effectiveness setting?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What is realistic missile effectiveness setting?

• 100%
    • 50%

No no no, it not what I think. Its what ED thinks. They say its the 50% setting although IMHO they failed to make it work as they first intended. its being adressed in the patch.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

"They say its the 50% setting although IMHO they failed to make it work as they first intended. its being adressed in the patch."

Not to open a can of worms, already been there, done that.

But, I think they ought to apply in this patch what they think is right, and leave out the slider. I think it's silly having a 'missile effectiveness slider' anyway.

Could you imagine IL2 having a 'bullet effectiveness slider' - lol WTF!

Sheesh you guys. Wait until missiles get AFM and AGM before you fight about it. Right now there's not much of a point.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

ED has admited that there is an ECM issue wich causes unwanted behaviour. Thats all.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

But, I think they ought to apply in this patch what they think is right, and leave out the slider. I think it's silly having a 'missile effectiveness slider' anyway.

I second this.They should leave it the way they think most realistic.

Hi all.

"

No way, leave the slider. It's all about having the "choice to choose" (UH, UMM, yeah that what I meant). If anything have a detail next with each notch that says exactly what it is representing. For example, 10%= a misslefest, if you get hit it is because you flew into the missile, 50%=the most realistic for all missiles, 60%=?, 70%=?, 80%=? 90%=? 95.5%? 100%=all missiles behaving as though they are in a controlled live fire exercise with all conditions perfect.

How ECM/flares/chaff affect missiles should not be a part of the slider equasion, but how they affect the missile slider.

What would be interesting is if there was a formula that said if you have the missile slider at 100%-20%(someone using ECM) -5%(for each flare/chaff you launch)= ?. Alot of folks would have their doubts answered. Of course then maybe there are so many variables (just like in life) that such a formula is not possible. -KILSEK

A missile effectiveness slider is probably a good feature to keep.

Given a couple of points it makes sense:

First, the fact that the only missiles we have accurate information on were early cold-war lawn darts (eg. AIM-7, K-13).

Second, it is known that very few people (even in the 'black-box' seeker industry) have a clear understanding of the effects of counter-measures (eg. Chaff, on-board jamming, area jamming) in real combat situations (or even in the lab) and that any capability or lack of capability is heavily disputed by analysts.

Doesn't it make sense to give the sim pilot some flexibility in balancing things in a way which seem best to them?

Cmon ppl! Vote more actively! In all my arguments it was "you (single) don’t know anything about missiles and we (note plural here!) have decided long time ago with even bigger group of excellent pilots that it has to be 100%" So where is that huge crowd of wizards??? :)

Cmon ppl! Vote more actively! In all my arguments it was "you (single) don’t know anything about missiles and we (note multiple plural here!) have decided long time ago with even bigger group of excellent pilots that it has to be 100%" So where is that huge crowd of wizards??? :)

What I want to know is why you haven't responded to our repeated requests for a match with your pet slider set anywhere you choose? I haven't voted in your silly poll, but I think the 100% thing has been explained quite well from a variety of very learned people- it's a compromise to make up for the missile behavior that ED has not been able to correct yet.

What I want to know is why you haven't responded to our repeated requests for a match with your pet slider set anywhere you choose? I haven't voted in your silly poll, but I think the 100% thing has been explained quite well from a variety of very learned people- it's a compromise to make up for the missile behavior that ED has not been able to correct yet.

Chill out!

1) I have responded your challenge. I said – we will meet and fight. My squad’s primary platform is IL2FB/PF – if you wanna fight in IL2 – we can meet on-line any day – just tell us a time! As for LO:FC – only 2 my squad members have considerable experience in it. 2 more are actively learning and more will probably come. However if you’d like to fight with just 2 of us – no problemo! Anyday!

2) Let me understand your twisted logic here – do you think that if you win in our on-line match it’s going to prove that 100% is true setting? What is this childish urge to prove your point in intellectual argument with “oh lets fight I’ll show ya!”

3) Where exactly “thing has been explained quite well from a variety of very learned people”? Links? Documents? Personal experience in real life combat with A2A missiles? So far you just hide behind some anonymous, very good pilots/experts unheard opinion.

4) After all what this poll and it’s second part on Russian forum: http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=9773 shows???

And finally we have disagreement in missile effectiveness setting. So? I respect your (personal) opinion - if you like to think so - fine! However my squad mates and me try to keep this argument in intelligent, polite manner – as intellectual people should. You however, instead of staying in constructive limits try to call us names and prove your point with brute force… This is not the way this community communicates. So stay focused on facts and stop going personal!

My twisted logic is the simple fact that you are sitting there hiding behind your computer throwing rocks at people who- at great expense- provide servers for everyone to use free of charge. Server admins have exhaustively tested this item, and have determined where they want it set to- Flawed or not. You are the one who came out trashing these very generous people over something so silly that to call it trivial.. would be the understatement of the month.

All I'm saying is that since you're such a noted expert regarding the engineering principles of these highly complex missile sliders, that you should be happy to show up and back up all that talk. We'll put it anywhere you want. Put up- or Shut up.

My twisted logic is the simple fact that you are sitting there hiding behind your computer throwing rocks at people who- at great expense- provide servers for everyone to use free of charge. Server admins have exhaustively tested this item, and have determined where they want it set to- Flawed or not. You are the one who came out trashing these very generous people over something so silly that to call it trivial.. would be the understatement of the month.

All I'm saying is that since you're such a noted expert regarding the engineering principles of these highly complex missile sliders, that you should be happy to show up and back up all that talk. We'll put it anywhere you want. Put up- or Shut up.

Excuse me?!? Where exactly did I “trash” anyone?!? I questioned the statement that settings are full real! Yes, I don’t agree with that. But I never trashed people. You give me quote from my posts where I trash any person or shut up.

I respect admins and whoever supports those servers so don’t try to dirty me!

I NEVER called myself an expert. All I know that 1) 50% is ED opinion – and if anyone is expert here – these guys are! 2) Different documents and books show statistics that A2A missiles performance is not as great as it was advertised. And quotes from these documents were already posted.

Not being a pilot, missile developer, military annalist I can only suggest – it make sense to trust ED developers who invested a lot of time investigating the meter and stated their opinion quite clearly – the Real Life setting is %50.

But in support their decision I would like to remind that from 1958 to 1982, more then 2000 air-to-air missiles firing resulted in 407 kills, mostly because targets were not aware of missiles being fires at them. Sparrows missiles fired to kill ratio was about 11%, Sidewinders – about %30. Interesting to note that only 4 (four) of those were BVR kills and one of those four was fratricide (F-4 kill F-4)…

During Desert Storm in ideal conditions of total domination in the air, Coalition forces achieved 23 kills out of 67 Sparrow missiles fired and 16 of those were BVR kills. The only Iraqi kill (MiG-25 vs. F-18) was also BVR.

Sidewinders scored 6 for 11 firing.

In my opinion, what people used to see in other sims is not necessarily correct representation of RL missile effectiveness.

• Like 1

You can do more with a kind word and a gun, than with just kind word alone.

- Al Capone

Actualy, the Iraqi kill was WVR, but at night.

Anyway, modern missiles have a much higher Pk than their old counterparts, this should be taken into consideration.

It is also inconceivabl and childish that the matter should be settled by some sort of match, where it clearly isn't a matter of bravado. This amounts to playground bullying.

Vosxod is every bit as entitled to rna roudn screaming about which setting is most realistic as you are to run your servers with whatever setting you want, for whateevr reason you want.

There is no 'put up or shut up' in this matter, you're ALL wrong, jsut due to your behaviour.

LOMAC's missiles need a little work either way. If youw ant realistic guidance drift vectors, 50% is where you put the slider. If you don't, well, you don't, and your reason for doing so is as good as anyone else's.

Issue closed, eh?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda