What is realistic missile effectiveness setting?

What is realistic missile effectiveness setting?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What is realistic missile effectiveness setting?

• 100%
    • 50%

Oh the match thing isn't about the missile slider- the match is about having him answer for his continued condescending attitude regarding the servers and their chosen settings. Myself and others were left with the impression that we are all basically unskilled, incapable of flying a kite- and that our servers aren't worthy of his presence. Please. As I recall, he was mocking the settings of the 169th's server, calling it "Just another S77th" with the implication that he could come in there and just lay us all away if it wasn't for that slider! I am simply inviting him to do so :)

All rivalries aside-I beleive they explained the setting they chose quite well. My missiles miss all the time @ 100, 50, 75, -pick one.

Well, that won't solve that either though ;)

Anyway, yeah, right now which setting you use doesn't matter a huge deal - 50% is the 'most realistic' in terms of (IIRC) guidance drift vectors, but that's it - there are other factors which it doesn't affect and are not necessarily so realistic (but regardless, the missile simulation is close enough and only getting better)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Oh the match thing isn't about the missile slider- the match is about having him answer for his continued condescending attitude regarding the servers and their chosen settings. Myself and others were left with the impression that we are all basically unskilled, incapable of flying a kite...

I dont even feel it worth to talk to you anymore - there is nothing in this conversation that gives me any info/knowledge/pleasure...

There is NO such thing as realistic missile effectivness in game. This "feature" is the most arcadic thing you can imagine in a flightsim. Every missile has its own charachteristics like Pk and flightdynamics. You cant say that now every missile in game has 50% or 100% pk. That would mean that Hawk and SA-10 would have each same Pk, which is tottaly insane to speak. Sa-10 is much more modern and accurate it has Pk between 0.8-0.9.!!! So if you can set in game that old and the most modern missiles have same effectivness that is the most arcadic thing to imagine. But this supposed to be a SIMULATION. Remember?

There is NO such thing as realistic missile effectivness in game. This "feature" is the most arcadic thing you can imagine in a flightsim. Every missile has its own charachteristics like Pk and flightdynamics. You cant say that now every missile in game has 50% or 100% pk. That would mean that Hawk and SA-10 would have each same Pk, which is tottaly insane to speak. Sa-10 is much more modern and accurate it has Pk between 0.8-0.9.!!! So if you can set in game that old and the most modern missiles have same effectivness that is the most arcadic thing to imagine. But this supposed to be a SIMULATION. Remember?

Pssst . . . . . the slider does not control the missile PK. That's calculated on the fly, judging by launch conditions, countermeasures, and so forth . . . . as it should be.

The slider controls some aspects of the seeker AI, and that's all.

Once again question of what that slider does had been answered by ED here:

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=9773&page=3&pp=10

Мы действительно принимаем за ноль отсчета среднее положение этого ползунка. Под это положение и "затачиваются" все характеристики ракет.

Этот ползунок добавляет только искусственный "шум" в точность наведения ракет. Например в среднем положении точка прицеливания у ракеты "гуляет" в пределах +- 5 м. В крайнем левом положении это будет уже +-20 метров (примерно), а в крайнем правом положении ракета идет точно в вычесленную точку.

Как вы сами понимаете, идеальных ракет летающих в идеальной невозмущенной атмосфере не бывает, у каждой ракеты есть свои отклонения в сборке, качестве и допусках, все это приводит к некоторому отклонению от идеальных характеристик, что имитируется средним положением этого ползунка.

Here is my puny attempt to translate it:

--------------

We actually set the middle position of the slider as the starting point.

All the missiles characteristics been optimized for it.

This slider only adds artificial “noise” to the accuracy of the missile guidance.

For example in the middle position of the slider point of aim of the missile “floats” within the +-5m limits. In the leftmost position limit will be (approximately)+-20m, in the rightmost position missile will fly precisely into calculated point.

As you understand, ideal missiles which fly in the ideal undisturbed atmosphere do not exist, each differ within its variance limits, tolerances and assembly quality, all this leads to some deviation from ideal characteristics, which is imitated by the middle position of this slider.

--------------

You can do more with a kind word and a gun, than with just kind word alone.

- Al Capone