Ali's New Job

SwingKid in the beta test team should know, and also Stormin should have some connection with ED as well. The fact that these people are not saying anything is either they don't want to come forward or ED is keeping their mouths shut.

And now, an exclusive SwingKid interview with the new Eagle Dynamics Representative of Public Relations.

Please put your hands together in a warm welcome for everybody's favourite PR man: Comical Ali!!

edrep.jpg

SK: Welcome to our studio, Mr. Ali.

CA: Thank you, thank you, it's good to be here.

SK: Mr. Ali, can you tell us why UbiSoft's "Lock On Gold" includes ED's "Flaming Cliffs," when everybody has been claiming up until now that it wouldn't?

CA: Let's get one thing absolutely clear: there are NO PROBLEMS with StarForce.

SK: Um, okay.. that wasn't my question, but all right... Why is UbiSoft selling the Lock On Gold bundle including both Lock On v1.02 and v1.1, for less than the price of Flaming Cliffs alone at either ED or NaturalPoint? Isn't that bad for business?

CA: We spent an extra month of development time looking into alternate copy protection schemes, to make sure that legitimate users will have UNLIMITED RE-INSTALLS of the product. I repeat: uninstalling and re-installing Flaming Cliffs will NOT use up one of your registrations.

SK: All right fine, let's talk about copy protection then. Is it true that users who purchase v1.1 from UbiSoft won't actually be able to use it, unless they contact StarForce for technical support?

CA: You will ONLY need to use up one of your registrations if you change AT LEAST 40% of your hardware.

SK (puts down clipboard): You're not really listening to my questions, are you.

CA: All these people complaining about copy protection are really just pirates wanting to steal a free copy. You don't know anything about the software industry. There are pirates everywhere!

SK: Are there pirates in Baghdad?

CA: There are NO pirates in Baghdad!!! I'm telling you, that's just... crazy, pirate propaganda.

SK (picks up clipboard again): I see... Moving right along. Can you tell us why the Russian version of Flaming Cliffs was priced at $7, while the English-language version was $35?

CA: Flaming Cliffs should be released at the end of this month.

SK: What? You are aware, Flaming Cliffs has already been released?

CA: Early next month at the latest.

SK: ED is selling it on their website. NaturalPoint is selling it. Now even UbiSoft is selling it!

CA: All the code is finished and beta testing has stopped.

SK: I'm a beta tester! Shouldn't I know, before the general public, if "testing has stopped?"

CA: All that needs to be done is print up the CDs, ship them out, you know, a few minor things to put together. That sort of thing usually takes about one day, maybe two at the most.

SK: Well, that's all the time we have for today. Thank you Mr. Ali, it certainly is nice to have some official answers for a change. We look forward to hearing from you in the future, enjoy your new position at ED and please, send them our regards!

CA: My pleasure SwingKid. Please, call on me anytime you have questions, I'll be glad to help.

SK: Well there you have it folks, an exclusive peek behind the scenes at some of the people and decisions working hard at ED to bring you the best possible entertainment experience. Remember, you heard it here first!

-SK

"You'll get the dynamic campaign from me,

before you get it from ED"

• Like 1

LOL...nice. Just one question about:

NaturalPoint is selling it. Now even UbiSoft is selling it!

Ubisoft is selling it? I thought it was that Evolved..*something*...watever company. O well...today has been one crazy day with all the Lock on Gold crap. Time to kick back and drink another beer and let this crazy dream go deeper. :icon_jook

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LOL...nice. Just one question about:

Ubisoft is selling it? I thought it was that Evolved..*something*...watever company. O well...today has been one crazy day with all the Lock on Gold crap. Time to kick back and drink another beer and let this crazy dream go deeper. :icon_jook

I don't see Ubi Soft selling the Gold product. For those that have copy, is there any legal text on the box or in the documentation?

Man this stuff is just off tap, hows about we all enjoy flamming cliffs new adventures with evolved or who ever it is, and hope ED are getting a good slice of the profits of this new "gold" edition, and if their not, lets hope they have enough cash to take who ever is responsible for the theft of 1.1 to the slaughter house.

cheers

stormin, on the manual it gives the copyrights and it says lock on belongs to UBI and the fighter collection. there is NO mention ANYWHERE about something called "Flaming Cliffs" on the box and it even says on the box that it will update the game to 1.02. but when you pop the CDs in they are clear copies of the original lock on 1.00 and what i assume is the CD version of Flaming Cliffs (i assume because starforce is still bitchin about an invalid CD... lol)

Hey does the cd contain FC but not work?

It will work after the person contact Starforce support to get the code. But I'm not sure how is this going to work if you reinstall it, do you have to contact starforce again like an activation key similar to the download version?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]