HIDMacro

Hi Guys,

Many of you are perhaps aware of HIDMACRO http://www.hidmacros.eu/ which is a tool for FSX that allows for multiple keyboards to be treated as separate input devices. It allows you to take a second keyboard and remap all its input so for example each letter can be sent as LSHFT+ Letter to make the keyboard act as the CDU. You can also label and hack together keyboards for things like the radios UFC etc, far easier than memorizing key commands. At the moment HID-MACRO seems to send the sequence too fast to be picked up by DCS.

I've jumped on a feature request to provide support for DCS by introducing a time delay feature. I thought I would publish the link so that anyone thats interested could add their support as well.

http://www.hidmacros.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28&p=125#p125

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Hey Shu

What makes you think you need a delay for DCS is read it? I've just joined hidmacros.eu to add my voice, but I'd be interested as to how you came to the conclusion.

Ours is not to reason why, but rather to do and die.

A man walks into a zoo. The only animal in the entire zoo is a dog. It's a shitzu

Hey Shu

What makes you think you need a delay for DCS is read it? I've just joined hidmacros.eu to add my voice, but I'd be interested as to how you came to the conclusion.

Was jumping on to the work done by the original poster.

You will find though that if you try and set up a HIDMacro Keyboard (in my case I use LSHFT+ Letter = Letter) that when you assign the key say CDU A for example the input screen momentarily flicks up A with a assignment conflict then sees the Shift come in as a modifier. however, when you then try and use the Key you just get the A input rather than a LSHFT+A. The challenge I guess is that the game sees the first keypresses where the assignment section sees all key presses.

I've done a little stuffing around with the keyboard inputs for Hawgtouch and it doesn't seem to be an action= pressed vs action = down thing, this is more of a glitch because of timing I think.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

cw1.png

Actually theres a new release on the thread which has a delay function.

cw1.png

So an update from the forums over there. it seems DCS is grabbing keyboard input at low level, so the delay function has enabled the functionality in HID macro but you also get the non modded keystroke as well. I dont suppose someone with a more technical knowledge of the sim can explain how DCS is grabbing keypresses and if there is a way around it?

cw1.png

• 1 year later...

Is anyone using HIDMacros flawlessly in combination with DCS and HOTAS Warthog (having a Target profile in use)?

I am not. I want to use an extra usb NUMpad as UFC.

My issue:

In DCS options:

1.) I define Shift+PGDN as "UFC Data Selector Down".

2.) "PGDN", allone is my "DMS right", and therfore mapped to HOTAS Warthog via Target.

Now, I want the PGDN key on my external keypad to send "Shift+PGDN", therfore I use HIDMacros.

Unfortunately,when testing in Target's "Event tester" I get very short (1-2 ms) wierd artificial zombie keypresses of 'p', 'g', 'd', 'n' that are interpreted as keypresses, although the are just the Key-Name (according to HIDMacros docu) as I have indicated by using colours. I would expect "Shift+PGDN" instead. I donot know where they are coming from. As soon as I close the HIDMacros programm the zombie keypresses dissapear, but then I end up again with not being able to use my external numpad as extra button-device. :mad:

To me it seems like Thrustmaster's Target is conflicting with HIDMacros on a very low level. It seems as if TM Target is picking up the KEY-Name "PGDN" as individual keypresses.

Any clever ideas anyone?! :smartass:

Edited by JaBoG32_Prinzartus

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

HIDMacro Don't work with DCS. it's only fsx.

time ago I sent an email to the author to ask if he could implement it for DCS but I never got an answer.

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

HIDMacros will not work, yes. as far as i understand the problems comes from how DCS reads the keyboard. the reason is lack of delay it seems.

while working on autohotkey script to drive the numerical inputs on my UFC it didn't take streight up key combos. what DCS will recognize is something like this:

havent found a way around it

Send {Lctrl down}
   sleep, 10
   send {Lshift down}
   sleep, 10
   send {numpad3}
   sleep, 10
   send {Lshift up}
   Sleep 10
   send {Lctrl up}

quite a cumbersome way to send a LCtrl+Lshift+Num3

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

Hi agrasyuk,

Autohotkey does not distinct the PGUP key from my main keyboard with the PGUP key from my second keyboard (the keypad, I use) in the "trigger section" of the AHK script, does it?

But thanks for your UFC approach, cool thing.

However, I'd like to get along w/o I/O board.

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I've found 15 - 16 ms as the magical number that most games / sims recognize, but you are saying that 10 works for DCS? I think I read in the AHK forums that it has something to do with directx and key presses, key holds and the interpreters ability to differentiate between the presses etc