Movie-Render-Mode?

Hello,

You can already do this by using the ingame AVI Renderer.

Paul

Yee I tried and I tried and I tried.I ask in many forums, I wrote and I wrote and I wrote... no joy, AVI recorder does'nt work with me. I tried so many times you people cannot imagine..

And even when it'll work, it wont a great tool. AVI RECORDER gotta be a timeline with mark in mark out capabilities... rewind and fast forward capabilities while looking a track...

and I'm still trying trying.. reinstalling reinstalling...

Robbie.

Hello,

You can already do this by using the ingame AVI Renderer.

Paul

Is the graphic quality in the AVI file better than what you see ingame? In the game, you have to maintain frame rates around 20fps to keep it playable, but if you render a movie, I think you can live with 0.1fps or even less with hopefully improved visuals.

So, what I want is this: If LO-MAC looks that good already, how good would it look if LO-MAC has 10s for a frame istead of 0.05s?

Is the graphic quality in the AVI file better than what you see ingame? In the game, you have to maintain frame rates around 20fps to keep it playable, but if you render a movie, I think you can live with 0.1fps or even less with hopefully improved visuals.

So, what I want is this: If LO-MAC looks that good already, how good would it look if LO-MAC has 10s for a frame istead of 0.05s?

The in game AVI tool renders the movie frame by frame and not by the reported FPS you are getting. You can record a track in medium settings then crank them up to high settings to render the movie.

Hope what I just typed made sense to you. lol

The in game AVI tool renders the movie frame by frame and not by the reported FPS you are getting. You can record a track in medium settings then crank them up to high settings to render the movie.

Hope what I just typed made sense to you. lol

Yes, I see what you mean.

So, it seems that I am asking for "Ultra-Realistic-Super-Graphics-Mode" that will need one of the computers listed in the current "Top-500 supercomputers" to be playable.

This reminds me of Falcon 3.0. When I got my Pentium 120MHz, I hoped to get decent frame rates. After installing it on my machine, I was surprised to see a gray line flashing in front of my Falcon for around half a second when I pulled the trigger. Falcon ran too fast, it got rid of 400rounds under a second, making it unplayable.

Given that the AVI conversion captures the track frame by frame, your FPS and quality settings will determine how fast/slow the process takes. For example, setting the FPS to 60 will take much longer to render the AVI than when set to 10. I generally set the FPS to 30 and quality to its highest. While this may take awhile, it provides good playback and a constant 30 FPS, regardless of the FPS when the track was recorded.

-Matt

The AVI renderer fps is practically non-dependant on graphics settings so the best way is to use the highest settings.

I can not recommend any codec like DivX, XVid, wm9, etc because they are not lossless and use keyframes that slows down cutting.

As for me I prefer MJPEG as a master codec. It's not lossless but at 100% quality setting nobody can see the differences though the compression is much better than using lossless codecs.

The main trouble is that LockOn can not compress directly into MJPEG so it's necessary to use something like HuffYUV or lossless JPEG or uncompressed output. The new feature is to render using JPEG sequence to override 2 G limit of AVI file.

Then the row material is pre-cutted in VirtualDub deleting the needless footage and converted into MJPEG.

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=7674&highlight=AVI+Renderer

Guest ruggbutt

Don't even have Huffy installed if you don't want 1.1 to crash to desktop. Huffy is not compatible w/1.1. You can have one or the other, not both.

I think what SpongeBob means is movie rendering way beyond current Lock-On max settings (or at least that is what I understand as "photorealistic" ).

For example using better tree, buildings, and maybe plane and vehicle models, smoke effects, soft shadows, display all objects (up to one pixel big) instead of popping them up based on distance, maybe throw some rocks and grass around, more bumpmapping and reflections.

For example PovRay raytracer could be used for such rendering - but that would presume that ED would make scene exporter to easily readable PovRay format - which is unlikely since ED like to keep things proprietary.

Guys,

in order to produce a 'super-giga-photo-realistic' movie output, all the textures, shaders and geometry in the game would need to support a level of detail 10x higher than anything that could ever be run 'in-game' in realtime. Does spending the man-hours (years?) to create all this make sense? I thought not...

Better spend the time on performance tweaking and content.

Guys,

in order to produce a 'super-giga-photo-realistic' movie output, all the textures, shaders and geometry in the game would need to support a level of detail 10x higher than anything that could ever be run 'in-game' in realtime. Does spending the man-hours (years?) to create all this make sense? I thought not...

Better spend the time on performance tweaking and content.

True True !!

Robbie.

If u wanna render a movie with full-ultra-settings than buy some new hardware ;)

Fastest CPU, 2GB DDR3-RAM, SATAII-RAID0 with 4 very fast HDDs, newest graphics with SLI, than turn all settings to high and try it with Fraps ;)

But u will see, even with a such high-end-systems...the frames will go down over big ground-battles with a lot of explosions.

I try it with a very good system of a friend and it seems that the machine, which can handle lomac with highest settings, isnt on the market yet....;)

Maybe we can play with 100 frames on highest settings within the next 2 years ;)

Till that use internal renderer, full settings and till the time u wait, drink a lot of coffee, make your girlfriend happy and if it's a very long movie, make some kids. U have time enough to teach them all and send them to the college ;)

I spend so much time to render small clips (below 1 minute) that i cant say, how many hours it was.

Rendering with 1fps, 60sec.-clips, let me think,

60secx25frames=1500 seconds rendertime for just 1 minute.

Good vids have about 10-15minutes, that are 375minutes rendertime.

My god...i render faster with high settings, much reflections/refractions and global illumination on my 3D-Max. What the hell is the bottleneck of the lomac-renderer???

If u wanna render a movie with full-ultra-settings than buy some new hardware ;)

Fastest CPU, 2GB DDR3-RAM, SATAII-RAID0 with 4 very fast HDDs, newest graphics with SLI, than turn all settings to high and try it with Fraps ;)

But u will see, even with a such high-end-systems...the frames will go down over big ground-battles with a lot of explosions.

I try it with a very good system of a friend and it seems that the machine, which can handle lomac with highest settings, isnt on the market yet....;)

Maybe we can play with 100 frames on highest settings within the next 2 years ;)

Till that use internal renderer, full settings and till the time u wait, drink a lot of coffee, make your girlfriend happy and if it's a very long movie, make some kids. U have time enough to teach them all and send them to the college ;)

I spend so much time to render small clips (below 1 minute) that i cant say, how many hours it was.

Rendering with 1fps, 60sec.-clips, let me think,

60secx25frames=1500 seconds rendertime for just 1 minute.

Good vids have about 10-15minutes, that are 375minutes rendertime.

My god...i render faster with high settings, much reflections/refractions and global illumination on my 3D-Max. What the hell is the bottleneck of the lomac-renderer???

That's sucks, it's waht I think. Need serious improvements!

Robbie.