1.11 Patch Item - New AWACS/EWR Logic

• ED Team

As testing for the 1.11 FC patch is underway, Eagle asked that I periodically discuss a new patch feature. Once the patch is nearly done, I'm sure Eagle will release the complete list. In the meantime, these items will give you an idea of what to look forward to.

A sore point for many Lock On fliers has been the “all seeing” AWACS / EWR radars. I’m happy to report that this issue has been resolved in a big way in the FC 1.11 patch. I may be mistaken, but I believe the AWACS / EWR radar modeling will now be the most realistic for any retail product. Key features of the AWACS radar now include modeling of:

- Terrain masking

- Maximum range

- Minimum range

- Radar horizon calculation

- Target radar cross section (RCS) detection threshold

- Target radial velocity (allows target to use look down Doppler clutter notch)

- Target aspect

- Beam angle towards the target

- Refresh time

EWR radars will now model the following:

- Terrain masking

- Maximum range

- Minimum range

- Radar horizon calculation

- Target radar cross section (RCS) detection threshold

- Target aspect

- Beam angle towards the target

- Refresh time

On a related matter, aircraft with active ECM can no longer be detected through terrain.

And I can confirm that even for AWACS now radio horizon and other factors are an issue. Same for EWR.

So, try not to just let your AWACS planes fly around at 2000m anymore, you might end up dissapointed ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Just a question - say, there are two E-3s on an AWACs pattern, 100 miles apart. If only one AWACs picks up an enemy aircraft and the other doesn't (due to aspect angles or what not), will the player get the threat call or not?

Oh, by the way, great news :) Thanks guys.

sigzk5.jpg

Awesome news. Although I must admit I started thinking about how much CPU power these new features are going to require. When are you going tell about the new toe-brake feature?

Lock on must have toe-brake functionality with differential braking!

My blog full of incoherent ramblings on random subjects: https://anttiilomaki.wordpress.com/

Thanks ED & Wag for the updated news and info, keep it coming.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

.... Although I must admit I started thinking about how much CPU power these new features are going to require.

forget moore's law..

it's ED's law.

"PC hardware life cycle is in direct proportion to one's willingness to fly and income potential".

Expressed thusly:

PC = Will / $$

Which is of course, divided by the sqare root of Wife1 .. but that's another thread for another day.

Thanks,

Brett

why should it gone? ;)

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

great news indeed - thanks ED --- This will keep u on the top of the plie and ensure continued customer satisfaction and future sales for 1.2 :)

---------

System: i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz; Nvidia RTX 2080ti; 32GB (2 x 16) DDR4 @ 3333Mz Ram; ASUS ROG Strix z370-E; SSD Drive; Oculus Rift-S; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

why should it gone? ;)

I really dont know if it should be removed actually. Was russian "data-link technology" superior some time ago?

It's just that it feels a little too good. Also, you miss some immersion not having to request vectors etc from the awacs.

Anyway, good news this!