1.11 Patch Item - New AWACS/EWR Logic

I really dont know if it should be removed actually. Was russian "data-link technology" superior some time ago?

It's just that it feels a little too good. Also, you miss some immersion not having to request vectors etc from the awacs.

Anyway, good news this!

The implementation in LOMAC is not 100% accurate, but it's not completely off the mark either. I do hope ED get around to developing more accurate MFD symbology and functionality in future though.

The implementation in LOMAC is not 100% accurate, but it's not completely off the mark either. I do hope ED get around to developing more accurate MFD symbology and functionality in future though.

If you remove the datalink, I'd have thought you really need to get AWACS to give proper Bearing Range and Altitude calls to give Russian fighters a chance.

It's a patch, not an addon, so it's not going to cost you - however, it IS a patch to the 1.1 addon, so yes, you must have 1.1 to get it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Fantastic. I wonder what other things will be fixed as well.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Just a question - say, there are two E-3s on an AWACs pattern, 100 miles apart. If only one AWACs picks up an enemy aircraft and the other doesn't (due to aspect angles or what not), will the player get the threat call or not?

Oh, by the way, great news :) Thanks guys.

In real life the lead E3 would relay and receive all enemy threats to all concerned parties, although you may have to ask for a current sitrep. I guess the same should apply here.

:icon_jook

Thanks for the update Wags, it is much apreciated. I am looking forward to the patch.

On a completly different note, would you ever consider to make a campagne for Lock On ? I still consider your Valhalla campagne for Jane's F/A-18 as the best campagne I ever played. Your missionbuilding skills would be very welcome to Lock On.

No, there's no final fix list yet, but I think you've seen some of the major things that are fixed in 1.11 that directly affect gameplay. A great number of other things have also been done, and of course, stability has been a great focus as well - as usual no one likes to promise anything ebcause it may turn out that a particular fix breaks more things than it fixes and thus must be rolled back, but ... so far it looks promising.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda