I've got a problem using trackIr. If I try to click on switches or to use the mouse wheel, it is almost impossible to perform if the particular switch is far left or right. Because one is using track IR,:helpsmilie: the keystrokes that would allow you to access these views don't work.

What does anyone else do to overcome this shortfall?

Not sure why you are having this problem. Are you using an older version of the TIR that does not have 6DOF?

I'm using a TIR5 and have no problem turning and leaning to get a closer look at the side panels to get at every switch.

Maybe you need to adjust the settings a bit to get better control?

Corsair Graphite 780T / ASUS Maximus VIII Hero / i7-6700K@4.5GHz / Corsair H110i / 32GB DDR4 PC-2666 / ASUS 1080 Strix / EVGA 850 Pro / Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD / Win10x64 / Samsung UN48JU7500 4k / Logitech G910/933 KB/Headphones / Razer Naga Epic Mouse / MFG Crosswinds / TM HOTAS Warthog / HTC Vive

Mike, are you saying that you are just unable to pan far enough to the right and left to view the switches?

That is my problem right now. Just trying to get that sweet spot dialed in with the TIR, and have not found it yet.

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

TIR

Mike, are you saying that you are just unable to pan far enough to the right and left to view the switches?

That is my problem right now. Just trying to get that sweet spot dialed in with the TIR, and have not found it yet.

Yes exactly, I can pan to the switch but have to sit way back, then it's difficult to rotate switch wheels and to see result, ( radio frequency) also there is to much jittering about.

I do have the latest version, what is 6 dof? How have you tweaked your settings to achieve your result?

Six degrees of freedom= 6dof :)

This means you can look behind the joystick to see the Nav panel to select TCN or ILS. It gives a little extra movement but I dont recal what the axis actually is called.

Here is my profile add it and see if it helps;)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes exactly, I can pan to the switch but have to sit way back, then it's difficult to rotate switch wheels and to see result, ( radio frequency) also there is to much jittering about.

Try using the zoom keys / and * on the numpad to increase or decrease your FOV. Locate the switch zoomed out then zoom in on the switch and then pause TIR if neccessary to make adjustments to ILS radio frequency etc. There are snapviews for the radios, CDU and ILS panels aswell.

I myself increased the sensitivity a lot so that I don't have to turn my head too far to reach the buttons and knobs right next to the seat (lights for example). TIR sometimes hangs a bit if I look down and want to "zoom" in, probably can't see all the LEDs of the Clip (using TIR5 with Pro Clip). But it's not that bad.

Of course you already know about snap views?

Right Cntrl Number pad 0 then use numberpad to change snap views like Numpad 1 =radios

Numpad 3 ILS TACAN numpad 5 CDU IIRC

To exit snap views press Numpad 0 :)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]