Buggy Missions

coalquay404

Has anyone noticed a bug in Mission 11 of the Su-25T Flaming Cliffs campaign? The victory conditions for this mission involve destroying two Awacs aircraft that are parked on the apron at an enemy airbase, as well as taking out Patriot and Hawk missile defense with Kh-58 missiles and an ETS pod. I can take out the missile defenses quite easily, but there are never any Awacs aircraft on the tarmac to destroy! This is in spite of the fact that their icons show up quite clearly on the preflight mission map.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

Has anyone noticed a bug in Mission 11 of the Su-25T Flaming Cliffs campaign? The victory conditions for this mission involve destroying two Awacs aircraft that are parked on the apron at an enemy airbase, as well as taking out Patriot and Hawk missile defense with Kh-58 missiles and an ETS pod. I can take out the missile defenses quite easily, but there are never any Awacs aircraft on the tarmac to destroy! This is in spite of the fact that their icons show up quite clearly on the preflight mission map.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

I've finally completed that mission - kept putting it on autopilot + time acceleration and having troubles just before getting to target . . .

You're not actually tasked to destroy the AWACS - there's a strike package of Su25Ts with precision weapons that are supposed to do that. Your job is to lay the smackdown on the SAM radars to let them through. I never got there before the strike package, so had to take out the AWACS myself with Vikhrs. And even then I ate a Stinger and had to crashland on the way home.

The AWACS ARE there . . . . . I don't know whether they don't fade in properly or not, but I flew over the base several times without spotting them. They're on the apron closest to the ocean, to the left edge, with a line of F15s.

I'm not sure whether it counts as another (?) bug with the mission, but if I put autopilot and time acceleration on I always ended up heading in the wrong direction. I don't know if this is why the strike package kept overtaking me . . . . it took me a long to notice it.

The point is though that the strike package almost always gets shot down. I *can* see a group of four F15s on the apron but the AWACS don't appear anywhere at the airbase. Looking at the map in the mission editor the AWACS are supposed to be about 100m due East of the F15s, but they don't show up.

A truly bizarre thing about this is that if the strike package doesn't get shot down, they actually attack the spot where the AWACS are supposed to be. I've seen them launch Vikhrs at the apron until they run out, but the mission is never completed.

Again, the problem seems to be that the AWACS never show up in the mission, although the computer-controlled strike package does seem to think that they're there.

The point is though that the strike package almost always gets shot down. I *can* see a group of four F15s on the apron but the AWACS don't appear anywhere at the airbase. Looking at the map in the mission editor the AWACS are supposed to be about 100m due East of the F15s, but they don't show up.

A truly bizarre thing about this is that if the strike package doesn't get shot down, they actually attack the spot where the AWACS are supposed to be. I've seen them launch Vikhrs at the apron until they run out, but the mission is never completed.

Again, the problem seems to be that the AWACS never show up in the mission, although the computer-controlled strike package does seem to think that they're there.

OK . . . . . that's plain weird.

Try scanning over that part of the apron with the Shkval, starting at long range. That's what I was doing the first time I got them to appear.

CoalQuay404 - I have had problems in the past with v1.02 missions with target locations being totally porked and dozens / hundreds of klicks away from where they should be, but other folks had no problems. Maybe there is a similar / same bug in v1.1?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....