Realistic payloads request to ED

I was just wondering if you guys can put into patch 1.11 realistic payload configuration for all aircraft not just flyables. I mean esspecialy ability to carry GBUs on triple ejection racks like ordinary bombs would be much appreciated. The F-16 for example can cary a total of 6 GBU-12 that is 3 on each pylon for example. That way you get much more firepower for each aircraft and so you dont need so many aircraft to complete the mission. I know that IRL air forces rarely equip fighers with all avaible weapons since it makes them very unagile and schrinks performance but do you remember F-4 in Vietnam when it carryed 12 Mk-82 on a regular basis? Anyway I hope this will get addressed in upcoming patch.

What a hell are you talking about??? Go get some weapon loadouts for F-16 and you will see that it CAN I repeat it CAN carry 6 GBU-12 plus other weapons as well. Do you think that Im talking this without any knowledge about it or what? I do know something about aviation stuff so stop messing with me and give me a clear answer why this isnt implemented. If the payloads are not commonly used IRL because of performance related issues it doesnt mean that then they cant cary them. (talking about all planes)

Look A-10 for example. It has very big avaible payload but Air Force very rarely equips them with anything more than 2 Agm-65 and couple of bombs.That doesnt mean it cant cary 4(6) Mavericks or 10 mk-82 right? Speaking of A-10, was there any special reason why it cant carry LGB like it does IRL?

That doesnt mean it cant cary 4(6) Mavericks or 10 mk-82 right? Speaking of A-10, was there any special reason why it cant carry LGB like it does IRL?

Yes. There's nothing to lase a target for it. Ooh, that was easy . . . . what's next?

Some weapons layout modifications can be done by community mods - see Shepski's realistic A10 weapons mod. If it needs code work or new shapes, then expect the devs to get around to it when it reaches the top of the to-do list.

Use your imagination as for how long that list is ;)

It also can't fire the inboard maverick without burning the landing gear, which is why you will -never- see a combat-laoded A-10 carry 3 mavs per station, only two.

In addition, due to drag limitations and engine power, any A-10 that has to complete significant station time will likely not be carrying MERs nor will it have a huge combat load.

Just because it -can- doesn't mean it -will- simply because it is impratical to do so, and that is exactly what makes such payloads unrealistic.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Come on guys, quit showing off, he asked a perfectly valid question.

aimmaverick: The best people to direct your request to are probably Shepski or Alfa, they are good at editing the payload files and know what can or can't be done. If Shepski can't get payloads included as part of the patch, no one can.

-SK

Aimmaverick, one big reason you dont see any GBU's is because there is no modeling for FLIR or any subsequent precision guided weapons platform in LocK On. They would have to model this before they could make LGB's work.

BTW, the A-10A doesnt carry LGB's. Nor does the F-16A. Later models were fitted with pods to direct PGM's, like the F-16C.

Im with you, I wish they would make PGM's a reality, but they are buisy building Ka-50's, so forget it.:icon_roll

"When you're out of Tomcats, you're out of fighters!"

helk.gif

Aimmaverick, one big reason you dont see any GBU's is because there is no modeling for FLIR or any subsequent precision guided weapons platform in LocK On. They would have to model this before they could make LGB's work.

BTW, the A-10A doesnt carry LGB's. Nor does the F-16A. Later models were fitted with pods to direct PGM's, like the F-16C.

Im with you, I wish they would make PGM's a reality, but they are buisy building Ka-50's, so forget it.:icon_roll

I am talking of couse of f-16c and you are wrong, A-10 can carry LGB but it cant lase the targets by itself, other platform must do it.

Yes aimmaverick, you're right (I believe the A-10C will eb able to lase).

But the problem is that there are better aircraft to deliver those munitions anyway, so in practice the A-10 doesn't, and there's no 'buddy lasing' of any sort modelled in LOMAC, so it's simply pointless to do so in the game. Perhaps in the successor that'll be an option, along with the AMRAAM buddy number :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

and you are wrong, A-10 can carry LGB but it cant lase the targets by itself, other platform must do it.

You missed my point. True it "can" carry them, but how the heck is it going to utilize them in game? We dont have grount controallers or podded aircraft to guide the LGB's, so as far as the game is concerned, A-10A's dont carry LGB's. The C model on the other hand can and does lase targets and drop PGM's.

Lose the damn attitude. People are trying to help you.

-Hellcat

"When you're out of Tomcats, you're out of fighters!"

helk.gif