A Big Salute

To the beginners learning online. I've seen some pilots having a really tough time of it and keep coming back for more. It takes a fair amount of determination to respawn after being shot down 10 times in a row (or whatever the number). I just wanted to give you guys a slap on the back for sticking with it. Keep working and the pieces will fall in place. I try to give pointers to folks who are working at it. I know other experienced drivers do the same. We've got a pretty good, albeit small, community and it's always good to see new faces.

S!

Guest ruggbutt

You guys should invite him to get on comms w/ya. I'm sure a few pointers from ya'll would go a long way to further his "education".

Well said GOYA!

Regards,

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

You guys should invite him to get on comms w/ya. I'm sure a few pointers from ya'll would go a long way to further his "education".

yea I'm one of those too (even tho i've had the game since released)

what I would luv is some kind of online training server where newbies can be taught by an experienced pilot.

Now I was lucky enough to get the manual but taking things in by reading has never been my strong point..(u should av seen my school reports all those years ago ;) )

I have some good avi's of training ect,but again it would be of great help to have a lead running u throgh a F-Pole ect :)

Be Good..Be Strong..:drink: ;)

yea I'm one of those too (even tho i've had the game since released)

what I would luv is some kind of online training server where newbies can be taught by an experienced pilot.

Now I was lucky enough to get the manual but taking things in by reading has never been my strong point..(u should av seen my school reports all those years ago ;) )

I have some good avi's of training ect,but again it would be of great help to have a lead running u throgh a F-Pole ect :)

In Lomac v1.02 there was an experimental "Lan Instructor" mode - I built a couple of two-seater mods to make it more accessible.

That function was removed with v1.1, but will one day be replaced with the "Internet Instructor" mode . . . . . and I intend to have the two-seater mods ready for v1.1 by that time.

When they finally arrive, the vision is that a couple of experienced pilots will volunteer as instructors, and (possibly with voice comms/intercom) something rather similar to what you suggest will start to take place.

The big problem is that nobody knows when the Internet Instructor mode will return. Well . . . . ED and the beta testers might or already do, but they're not saying. Smart money says they've got better things to do at this precise moment.

However, in the meantime I'm quietly upgrading the mods for v1.1, and working out ready-made instruction routes and missions.

Need a few instructor volunteers - but can't say when they'll be needed :p