A/G radar mode needed for CCRP?

Maybe a stupid question, but I was wondering if CCRP didn't require a ground radar mode, to lock the target? It is clear you don't need it for CCIP, since the avionics have all the required data to plot the CCIP point, since it is essentially an aiming device. But I guess that to calculate a release point, you need to have a ground reference point. In my opinion this is provided by a ground radar lock on the target, or by another targeting device like a FLIR? Anyway, that's the way I understand it is on the F-16.

So, are we sure a Mig-29 and Su-27 can have CCRP?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, we are. CCIP and CCRP are actually the same thing in terms of the knowledge you need to have for the most part, it's just a different release method.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• ED Team

By it's nature CCRP mode on the F-16 is the preplanned weapons delivery mode. The coords of the target must be entered during mission planning phase. And it is managed by FCC (of by MMC at CCIP'ed F-16) as the "special purpose" waypoint in the same manner as VRP, VIP, HARM target etc. As the secondary option on F-16 it is possible to assign the point via GM radar mode in flight.

CCRP mode at A-10/Su-27/MiG-29 is an immediate mode. It differs from F-16 CCRP as you can to assign the target visually via HUD. At F-16 HUD TD box is slaved to MFD radar cursor.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

Yeah, I think the only thing missing is that on teh A-10you also need to enter target altitude - but this would require a very handy map.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• ED Team

Under the belly of course.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SK,

I tried to find the LASTE docs where I had read that but I am going crazy here w/o luck. However after rereading the material on the earlier LASTE versions which did not have CCRP, I am not 100% sure anymore that you could not have radar or delta alt after the target designation.

So you are freely to take mine comment above w/ reserve...

• ED Team

Dice is right here. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Not. I see his location. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Anytime mate.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hotray, thanks I still drop by every-once-in-a-while to see what's going on. Vati, when you slew the TDB over the target and "lock-on" flight data such as AOA and slang-range (angle of the TDB V the TDB) are used by the IFFCC computer to know which "sector" of the radar altimeter data to use for it's CCRP comps.

Ugly but well hung!

• ED Team

Dice, as I understand this only eliminates pitch/bank induced ralt measurement errors. Or I am wrong?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dice, as I understand this only eliminates pitch/bank induced ralt measurement errors. Or I am wrong?

If I understand your question then the answer would be yes, it doesn't correct for "enviromental factors".

• Like 1

Ugly but well hung!

• ED Team

Thank you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hotray, thanks I still drop by every-once-in-a-while to see what's going on. Vati, when you slew the TDB over the target and "lock-on" flight data such as AOA and slang-range (angle of the TDB V the TDB) are used by the IFFCC computer to know which "sector" of the radar altimeter data to use for it's CCRP comps.

Thank you for explaining it... then the doc I had read was wrong in this detail, as it mentioned beam controling instead of the walking thru the fixed beams/lobes for slant ranging..

So if I gather this correctly this mean the used lobes are the forward hemisphere of the GCAS installment?