LIMITED PRODUCT RECALL ON LOCK-ON GOLD

Official LOCK ON GOLD page @ Evolved Games

LIMITED PRODUCT RECALL ON LOCK-ON GOLD

If you recently purchased a version of Lock-On Gold and have been unable to begin initial game play on your pc, you may have purchased a version that contains a defective game disk. It has come to our attention that a limited amount of Lock-On Gold game units have been released containing this defect. If you feel you may have purchased a version of the Lock-On Gold game containing a defective disk, please contact the following toll free number (888) 856-2424 or email lockon@creativecms.com. Upon your call we will verify if you have purchased a version containing a defective disk and provide you with instructions on where to send the defective version and how to receive a functioning version of the Lock-On Gold game.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

TekaTeka from Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Visit my site Beyond Visual Range.

Guest ruggbutt
I would just like to point out there are no defective disks of Lock On: Flaming Cliffs at NaturalPoint.

Jason

Well yah! That's what happens when a distributor works together w/the developer. hehehehe

I would just like to point out there are no defective disks of Lock On: Flaming Cliffs at NaturalPoint.

Jason

That was unnecessary.

But if you want to go that way.

I would just like to point out that Lock On Gold includes the original Lock on disc as well as the Flaming Cliffs CD.

Guest ruggbutt

How was that unnecessary? People are having problems w/Evolved's version. As for Gold having the LOMAC disc, I already have it as well as the majority of the rest of us here. Naturalpoint's version doesn't install Starforce drivers, Evolved's version does.

Jason

Jason, this indeed was not necessary! I am a proud owner of TIR 3 PRO, and had TIR 2 before that!

Every manufacturer has problems! In this case, a problem was acknowledged and appologize and replacement disk offered!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Guest ruggbutt

I don't see it as petty. I see it as he's trying to differentiate between his product and Evolved. Which is a good idea since what NP carries doesn't have the same issues.

I don't see it as petty. I see it as he's trying to differentiate between his product and Evolved. Which is a good idea since what NP carries doesn't have the same issues.

Exactly. People tend to get things confused. Sure enough somebody somewhere will say that if you get FC on disk, it might be corrupted. Without any differentiation between Gold and the NP disk.

Guest ruggbutt

Most of us don't get confused, as we have been following the evolution of LOMAC. The new people haven't. It looks like Jason was speaking to the new peeps.

I really am getting crazy about lock on. even though I have naturalpoint version of FC...i still feel like getting this copy. the only reason that is stopping me is ::

-- save for my new inspiron 9300 with 256 MB 6800 Go, 1 gig DDR2

-- save for Lock on :: Hokum Attack :p.... i.e, 1.2

PS:: I made up the name Hokum Attack...ED DID NOT GIVE OUT THE NAME FOR 1.2 yet.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I bought Lock-On Gold but emailed them with my disk problem and a serial number was sent and it works now, should I still get it replaced? Just curious.

Thanks,

Bob

bbsigstang.jpg

AMD 2500XP OC to 2800XP

MSI KT4AV Mobo

Nvidia 6800

1GB DDR 333 Ram

Audigy 2 ZS 5.1 sound

80GB HD

get it replaced bob....its just to make sure u won't get possible future problems with addition of patches and stuff for FC.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

though a quick email to techsupport solved my problem.

Doesn't that mean it was a corrupted CD because I'm assuming you have to email tech support because it said "insert valid disk?"

Well anyway...I want to know when does this limit time thing end? Because I'm planning to get Lock On Gold in the future and what if that has a defective disk? Will the box say anything that its a newer version? Btw...if you want the pick up your copy of Lock On Gold, you should do it now because it cost only $19.99 at Fry's.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Agreed! with so much confusion over which version is included with Lock On Gold, and who publishes what I think it's only right that Jason tries to clarify this point. Why should Naturalpoint potentially lose sales through this possible confusion?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going to buy a hard copy (I have the d/l). I'll go w/Naturalpoint. Just cuz.

I just purchased a CD and vector enhancement and had it sent to a family

member...

He got it in 1 day (was told 3) and no disc were defective....

I think that pretty much sums it up for me....

Thanks,

Brett

Witchking: 1.2 will be called "Hokum Attack: Flaming Roads" :D

NICE :D