1.11 Patch - BVR Improvments

• ED Team

Here are some BVR combat improvements that have been included in the 1.11 patch:

1- In 1.02, several users complained about active radar homing (ARH) missile shots going astray from their intended target. For 1.11, a new conical search pattern is now used when the seeker is attempting to acquire or reacquire a target. The search pattern will start from the longitudinal axis of the missile or the last know position of a designated target and work outwards.

2- A radar lock warning is now given to F-15C/A-10A players when locked by an Su-27/33/MiG-29 in Home On Jam (HOJ) mode. HOJ for these aircraft is not a fully passive system.

3- No radar lock warning is given to Russian aircraft when locked by an F-15C in HOJ mode.

4- The F-15C can no longer identify a jamming target as friendly or enemy.

5- Lock ranges when in Close Air Combat (CAC) modes for Russian aircraft have been decreased to 10 km.

6- If an aircraft has active Electronic Counter Measures (ECM), it is no longer to possible to detect the emitter through terrain.

7- F-15C ECM can now mask other aircraft in the vicinity of the jammer.

8- The Su-27/33 and MiG-29 appear on the TEWS and RWR as a ‘29’ symbol because of radar similarity.

9- If radar lock is broken, Semi Active Radar Homing (SARH) missile seekers will direct their antenna to the last point before lock was broken will reacquire the target if radar lock is reestablished within 5-degrees of that point.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theoretically all teh jammer does is send back the same signal as that of your radar. So there are no 'characteristics'.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

So a Russian plane trying to jam a US radar sends back a signal like a US radar .... whereas a US plane trying to jam a Russian radar sends a signal like a Russian radar ... Given RWR can tell the difference between the 2 ... why can't the radar receiving device?

So a Russian plane trying to jam a US radar sends back a signal like a US radar .... whereas a US plane trying to jam a Russian radar sends a signal like a Russian radar ... Given RWR can tell the difference between the 2 ... why can't the radar receiving device?

Even if it could, it wouldn't tell you the coalition to which it belonged.

wags wrote;

--------------------

quote;

---------------------

got a couple questions

- how big is a "vicinity" ?

- Why does this work with F-15's ECMs only ?

[sIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/madmaxx69/LOMAC/Rykesig1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

Savage 77th , http://s77th.com

|Core i7 920|Asus P6T Deluxe V2|GTX 285|9600GT-OC|6G DDR3|Softh on 3x22"CRTs|Tir2|yeahIsaidTir2|X-45|Haf 932|Vista Ultimate 64|

• ED Team
So a Russian HOJ lock is not passive?

Yes.

But in real life the Russian fighters hasn't generic HOJ mode instead fighters used some complicated ‘jammer lock’ mode with self illumination.

CAC to 10km for all planes?

For russian fighters.

The difference btween the MiG and the Su radars is basically just gain?

The radars of MiGs and Sues is very similar. Its have a similar electromagnetic characteristics therefore make out the type of fighter with received emission is not possible.

4 and 7 appear eerily similar. ;) edit: it's been fixed now, so no one needs to explain how those two things are different.

Not. It's a different features. Probably my readme file is not very clear, but I try explain it.

The point 7 mean that the F-15 pilot can’t longer acquire the targets at the same azimuth where placed the active jammer. The jammer can cover the other aircrafts behind himself.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

Regarding point 7, its is already often difficult to lock targets without jammers flying the same azimuth as more distant a/c with jammers on! The cursors tend to lock the jamming strobe in preference to the non-jamming a/c. You have to get some offset to be able to lock the target.

Here are some BVR combat improvements that have been included in the 1.11 patch:

1- In 1.02, several users complained about active radar homing (ARH) missile shots going astray from their intended target. For 1.11, a new conical search pattern is now used when the seeker is attempting to acquire or reacquire a target. The search pattern will start from the longitudinal axis of the missile or the last know position of a designated target and work outwards.

2- A radar lock warning is now given to F-15C/A-10A players when locked by an Su-27/33/MiG-29 in Home On Jam (HOJ) mode. HOJ for these aircraft is not a fully passive system.

3- No radar lock warning is given to Russian aircraft when locked by an F-15C in HOJ mode.

4- The F-15C can no longer identify a jamming target as friendly or enemy.

5- Lock ranges when in Close Air Combat (CAC) modes for Russian aircraft have been decreased to 10 km.

6- If an aircraft has active Electronic Counter Measures (ECM), it is no longer to possible to detect the emitter through terrain.

8- The Su-27/33 and MiG-29 appear on the TEWS and RWR as a ‘29’ symbol because of radar similarity.

9- If radar lock is broken, Semi Active Radar Homing (SARH) missile seekers will direct their antenna to the last point before lock was broken will reacquire the target if radar lock is reestablished within 5-degrees of that point.

I hope the 3 people in hyperlobby testing this thing do a good job of identifying the bugs or else we'll all become beta testers like we did with 1.1

The point 7 mean that the F-15 pilot can’t longer acquire the targets at the same azimuth where placed the active jammer. The jammer can cover the other aircrafts behind himself.

OK, now I am confused. Do you really mean "the F-15 pilot" or any pilot a pilot flying against a jamming F-15? And by acquire, do you mean lock or see on radar? If two planes are in side-by-side formation, and one is a jamming F-15, will the other be hidden from enemy radar?

And a US jamemr trying to jam a US radar will have it look liek a US radar. get it now? ;) The jammer jams everything unilaterally.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

OK, now I am confused. Do you really mean "the F-15 pilot" or any pilot a pilot flying against a jamming F-15? And by acquire, do you mean lock or see on radar? If two planes are in side-by-side formation, and one is a jamming F-15, will the other be hidden from enemy radar?

Ok, to clear things up: First of all, this works the same for all aircraft/jammers, so it doesn't matter what you're flying.

What happens is that when an aircraft on yoru scope begins jamming, aircraft which are close to it (or on the same azimuth within a certain distance) dissapear from your scope.

'Extend the cloak around those ships, Captain!' ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
OK, now I am confused. Do you really mean "the F-15 pilot" or any pilot a pilot flying against a jamming F-15?

I mean the F-15 pilot.

If two planes are in side-by-side formation, and one is a jamming F-15, will the other be hidden from enemy radar?

Yes of course.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

• ED Team
Hmm... Do I smell good news for the E/A-6B-model here? ;)

Theoretically it’s possible. :)

The point 7 mean that the F-15 pilot can’t longer acquire the targets at the same azimuth where placed the active jammer.

Ok, to clear things up: First of all, this works the same for all aircraft/jammers, so it doesn't matter what you're flying.

Help a brother out, guys.

Does "F-15" need to be in any of those quotes? Will a Su-27 pilot be able to acquire targets at the same azimuth as an active jammer?

Goya, forget the 'F-15'. THe reason why 'F-15' is mentioned is because this wasn't implemented on teh F-15 radar before (ie. you had contact/jammer overlap instead opf contact masking)

Any aircraft flying close to a jamming aircraft will be masked/hidden/invisible on the enemy's scope until burn-through or until the jammer ceases to operate.

Wether you're flying a 15 or 27/33 or 29, if you see two contacts very clsoe on your scope, and one suddently starts jamming, the other contact will vanish.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No mention of AIM-120 performance. Or has my head been in the sand and it was mentioned someplace else?

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

Will Russian planes get a lock warning if locked by another Russian plane in HOJ? Will there be a launch warning?