1.11 Patch - BVR Improvments

You don't understand it then ;)

TWS isn't passive, it simply doesn't go STT - it's a software tracking mode designed to update target position for the missile without going to STT, so they get no lock/launch warning until the missile goes active. They still get the search warning.

F-Pole is done with SARH, you hold the target on the gimbals until the missile hits (or misses)

A-Pole is done with ARH, and you hold the lock ONLY as long as it takes for the missile to go active.

They two techniques are identical except for the moment that you can disengage - ARH gives you a few extra seconds of breathing room.

ok.. thanks for explaining the A/F-Pole differences...

So F-Pole is for aim7 & 120 and A-Pole is for 120?

Thanks,

Brett

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it happens when you are hit by a proximity detonation, but I'm not sure. I have seen it happen before.

You are in fact killed by a missile, but for some reason the name isn't there.

just a thought...what if some wiseguy's handle was "someone"?

Thanks,

Brett

Correct bflagg, you can use F-Pole for both, but A-Pole only for the 120.

As for your thought on the name ... well, then obviously it would say 'Someone killed bflagg by R-27ER' ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

following questions if I may...

shouldn't time to target countdown appear also?

in either tws or sst modes?

(in the patch..does the 120 now have a time to target while firing a HOJ , like the 7 does?)

thx for your quick response....

Thanks,

Brett

Correct bflagg, you can use F-Pole for both, but A-Pole only for the 120.

As for your thought on the name ... well, then obviously it would say 'Someone killed bflagg by R-27ER' ;)

Honestly . . . . we discovered that trick with Quake 1, and I've got a feeling it was old even then!

Except then we got messages like "Your mother chewed on Christoph's Boomstick!"

Which was still kind of cool.

following questions if I may...

shouldn't time to target countdown appear also?

in either tws or sst modes?

(in the patch..does the 120 now have a time to target while firing a HOJ , like the 7 does?)

thx for your quick response....

First, TTI/TTA has always and still does appear when you fire the missiles - but it goes away if you lose the lock.

TTI/TTA on HoJ should not be happening, since you don't know the range. This is a bug, I think.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Plese check this:

Sometimes i fly on HL and before weeks i was shoot down by NOTHING. Something hit me, and on the top of the screen was: "SOMEONE kills SVK_FOX by " - clear place, what is that??????

It's a bug, I guess. It happens all the time in air-to-ground.

I read articles and my conclusion is in 1.11:

WHEN i fire R-77 on ECM target - R-77 is passive not active??

IF F-15 fire amraam to mee and I am ECM on i didnt hear warning????

Is that right?

If its true tell me one argument to fly on russian planes??? It is crazy to make F-15 so great, and also read article where autor write that early ammram (in that age where Su-27 was at version like in lockon) versions wasnt fully active like in lockon so......... i am disappointed :icon_roll

Is that right?

And the exact opposite is true right now. F-15s do not get a lock or launch warning from Russian planes. I know you've seen people flying F-15s.

It's being changed because ED currently has it moddelled completely ass backwards.

The f15 is not "all that great" in lockon either.

People continously use the 33 and 27 and shoot 15 out of the sky....

it's all how you use it..... (as I'm trying to learn how).

Be positive and try to figure out how LockON's implementation of things and not

the real world comparisons (or your interpetation of it). It's a sim / game.

Have fun with it and just fly.

Everyone here knows I'm no fanbois and I have my own opinion, some facts and some BS and some facts based on BS. (least I forget one... BS based on facts :) )

I choose to be a bit more positive and try and enjoy ....

Thanks,

Brett

Is that right?

If its true tell me one argument to fly on russian planes??? It is crazy to make F-15 so great, and also read article where autor write that early ammram (in that age where Su-27 was at version like in lockon) versions wasnt fully active like in lockon so......... i am disappointed :icon_roll

Actually, AMRAAMs were always 'fully active' ... wth are you talking about?

Adn AMRAAMs always had to be supported. Quit whining and read the rest of the thread. If you're unable to fight an F-15 and at least achieve mutual destruction while flying a flanker, you just need to practice BVR more.

By the way, the LOMAC AMRAAM is dumber than even the AIM-120A, so pelase get your information straight before making alarmist posts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I dont want making some alarm, sorry a Iam only here to learn facts and understeand things. I am able fight F-15 but I see the differences between Su-27, Mig-29, F-15, i know you do best for lockon players, so it is experience to consult with people here. What is real and whay is not real. Thats all. Sorry if I made something bad.

Yes, of course there are differences ... the F-15 is supposed to dominate BVR, the flanker and the MiG close-up, in general. Right now out of those three, the flanker and the MiG dominate close up. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, only part of my data is based on that ;)

Other parts on my data are based in the E-E war, and combat exercises against captured MiGs as well as against other USAF aircraft, among other things.

Almost all of this involves primarilyt he MiG-29, not the flanker (though the E-E war asaw the flanker in action)

I've got what I think are pretty good reasons to say what I said ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

you probably wanted to talk about the S77th-dedicated server, wich is almost allways available on HL - Lockon.

VVS504, 169th Panthers and Jabog are also providing mp servers wich are also most of the time available on HL - Lockon, wich is a high contribution to the community.

Most of the people are flying on those servers.

The 169th server is back and stronger then EVER, it is always up and running now. We were in the process of upgrading that's why it wasn't on all the time.