FreeTrack and A-10C (64bt) HeadTracker Implementation

Fixed

Hey Guys, I fixed the problem and the system worked just fine.

To fix it I installed the API demo, it had a different IPP version and that fixed the issue.

Well, I'd like to know if someone already had spent some time configuring the FaceTrackNoIR for A-10C, things like neutral zone, sensitivity, curves, and stuff.

If anyone could share the configuration file, it would be great. :thumbup:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is about samtheeagle's headtracker.dll implementation (i.e. using freetrack in 64 bit DCS Warthog)

Have a look in the FaceTrackNoIR-thread to see what settings people are using in FTNoIR.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=56837

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

Freetrack

Hey folks,

Just a little word,I myself had tried to get this to work(freetrack + facetrackernoir)and after making a three point clip and downloading samtheeagles headtracker thingys I could not for the love of god get it to work.After pm's to people eg:Boulund his advice was to double,triple check everything which I did and still couldn't get it to work.A few weeks later while reading another post that mentioned something about when in game with everything downloaded you have to press alt+c (I think) to put the game into some state of operation,that's when it hit me so I tried again and checked everything pressed alt+c and hey presto it worked.

Nobody had suggested this before and this was the stumbling block.So if you have tried everything give this a try you never know it just might work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Keep the faith

AMD PHENOM II X 4 955be @3.2 GHZ | ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO mb | Corsair XMS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory | Nvidea GTX 580 GDDR5 GPU | CNPS9900 NT cooler | Corsair HX850W psu | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD 300 MBps - 7200 rpm | WIN 7 64bit | 32" HD LCD TV | 5.1 surround sound | wireless keyboard and mouse | Saitek x45 hotas.

Great to hear it worked out for you 3instein!

I find it strange that it works, since that Lalt+c changes the mouse mode, but I guess if you're in the mode where mouse movement controls head movement, then it might block the headtracking (something I've never had any issues with).

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Try following the instructions in one of my previous posts:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1237193&postcount=32

The instructions assume you download the link called "HeadTracker Binaries.zip" in this post:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1234317&postcount=28

In short it consists of a lot of steps to get FreeTrack up and running, then keep it running in the background (I assume this is where you're at right now).

Then follow the installation instructions contained in the "HeadTracker Binaries.zip" (direct link)

Unzip the file so that headtracker.dll and headtracker.prefs end up at [DCS A-10C root folder]\bin\headtracker\. Start the game with FreeTrack running and active in the background and voilá, you should now have headtracking in the game (try running a quick mission or something). There are no other indiciations that it is running other than that it "just works".

I must be a complete idiot, I can't find dcs installed on my rig anywhere. I'm trying to find this folder ( [DCS A-10C root folder]\bin\headtracker\ ) and can't find it anywhere, I dl'd the sim as many did i'm sure. Can anyone suggest what the default dl is, i'm so frustrated.:cry:

Thermaltake Tsunani Dream black case, AMD Phenom II X6 1100t Black Edition --- ASUS M4A79T Deluxe - 790FX MOBO--- G.SKILL 8GB DDR3 --- Western Digital VelociRaptor 10000 RPM--- SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6670 1GB ---- SWIFTECH APOGEE H20-220 "Ultima XT" Liquid Cooling, TrackIR5 TrackClip PRO , TM Warthog Hotas:music_whistling:

I must be a complete idiot, I can't find dcs installed on my rig anywhere. I'm trying to find this folder ( [DCS A-10C root folder]\bin\headtracker\ ) and can't find it anywhere, I dl'd the sim as many did i'm sure. Can anyone suggest what the default dl is, i'm so frustrated.:cry:

Maybe smth like C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C for the x64 version or starting with C:\Program Files (x86)\... for the 32-bit version? I don't use default location so not sure if it's correct, but it's a good start :)

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Is it working in Black Shark 2?

Try reading the two posts above yours: :thumbup:

Nice it works, thanks!!

And does this work with BS2?

Yes it works with BS2.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys.

I've read that it works with BS2. But; I downloaded different HeadTracker Binaries.zip files four times. But none of one worked with my BS2.

You know (in BS1) in cockpit, when headtrack system is operational, numeric keys and mouse doesn't work. Now, in BS2 cockpit, numeric keypad and mouse cam (LAlt+C) doen't work. That's OK and I see that BS2 somehow knows there's a headtracker thing outthere. But headtrack system doesn't move the cam.

Anybody, could you please show me "which" files doing that?

Thank you so much.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I found a bug where sometimes after *something doing* you will get not working FT next time. Then I must copy files again.

I use files attached in 1st post :) It works for me as well, except bug from time to time.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Thanks for reply.

Well, should I do something about NewInput.dll? Or only binary files enough to make it?t?

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

Binaries should be enough. I thought I need to crack newinput.dll also but I tested it in BS2 where I hadn't cracked it - it worked well.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Hmm. I don't understand what the difference is and I don't understand why FT and binary files doesn't work for me... It was great when playing BS1.

I think, other guys who say "It works, I get it worked for BS2"; used the the files in 1st post, right?

I'm very sorry. Because after fling with headtrack in BS1, BS2 has no taste without FT... I don't know what to do... :(

Neither do I :( I know only files from post one work for me as well. I am still experimenting with FT settings in BS2, so far I got good results (movement area is smaller in BS2 - I mean your maximum head position on the left\right).

ಠ_ಠ

Ok. Thank you Boberro for your attention and messages.

Good night...

Oh my god! No way! Shocked...

It works. But I don't know how I got it. Just restart pc for another reason.

I have no logical clue to tell.

So, it's better that this page may be deleted because of unwanted messages (only mines) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! i got freetrack working on my setup via ppjoy and webcam, then i bought a wiimote and ppjoy solution is not vaild anymore so i ended up on this awesome thread. My problem is that i can't get it to work. I downloaded binary files, i put the headtracker folder in bin folder (i didn't have headtracker folder) and i started the game but on option-->controllers window of DCS A-10 it doesn't display a column with TrackIR device so i can't assign any view to my FT.

I tried last Freetrack version and the 2.2.267 but nothing happens. Freetrack and TrackIR interfaces are both checked under FT settings. I'm running win7 64bit and A-10 v1.1.1.1

Am i missing something? i read all the thread n-times but it looks like i'm doing it right.

TNX!

What about "freetrack_shared_mem.exe" file?

I must remind that (may be you did already), in zip file, there's freetrack_shared_mem.exe file.

1) Copy it into FreeTrack folder. And create a shortcut on desktop.

2) Right click on shortcut, enter the Properties. See target line, and type 60 at the end of the command line. This should be seen: "C:\Program Files (x86)\FreeTrack\freetrack_shared_mem.exe" 60

That's it. Always start FreeTrack by clicking this shortcut.

And, I don't see TrackIR column in Options/Controllers window, either.