Dimebug Free stencil A-10C cocpkit project

dimebug

This is by far the best pit i've ever seen. Outstanding work sir!

You haven't seen my other pit then....:D

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

little picture of the stick extension :

It's not the best looking one or strong as steel but it cost 15 € of parts... and everybody can build it

1007211p.jpg

it's made with this PVC tube, the main tube is blended after been heated, you're watching the first try, cold be done with a better final aspect. The parts used to link the Joystick parts are modified garden water tube connectors :

1007212q.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

the lever effect has a force that almost equal the spring system. You can feel the center but the grip will not return without some help (it will move a little but will stop before reaching the center position).

First thing to try is to remove the 4 little springs that are used to reduce strengh around the center postion, and then, if not enough, a stronger spring to replace the main one.

But first, i'm going to try to recycle some cougar parts

Post it up! I'm all eye's

Look at my profile, hehe :D

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Dimebug, does your Gardena assembly fit perfectly and is it completely tight?

If so, how did you manage this?

I ask because I build a Gardena-based Warthog-extender myself last week, but having it now used it a bit, mine is too loose for its duty. I put a plastic pipe with 22 millimeter outside and 18 mm inside diameter into the hose repair kit. I could fill this part up with epoxy (no more play then, I guess), but this is not sobad/annoying. However, the threads connecting to the base and stick are not perfect and move too much. Is it recommendable to wrap something around the threads to make them tighter?

Any advise?

Thanks,

Supersheep

i used a 20 mm inside and a 25mm outside tube and it fits perfectly.

but i changed from the gardena to use old parts from a cougar, and it's perfect!

i'll post some picks tonight...

I've seen your stick extender and it turned out very well.. Would you sell one?

" I'm gonna have to be taking your car today. See I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have for this here vehicle."

sorry if the topic doesn't move a lot thoses days, but i have tons of work. It's the same for Icemaker (who's building the pit). We've got a flight sim show in Paris at the end of the month and it takes some times to prepare it.

another guy as started one in France :

dsc00986c.jpg

My homework!

IMAG0028.thumb.jpg.88d5405f9e0cb9aeb9e2e459e7757fde.jpg

IMAG0029.thumb.jpg.2c345842632f1d296f69b48afe7ea070.jpg

Win 10 64. GTX1080 ti 11 Gb, Intel i-5, 16 Gb ram, SSD 1,5 Tb, 2 Terrabyte HD, Monitor ASUS XG32V 144Hz, Slaw Milans Rudder Pedals BF109F :thumbup:, Joystick - HOTAS Warthog, Throttle - HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR V5. Pimax 5.

• 2 weeks later...

Dime, do you have any other photos of the build stages from anyone? I'm about to cut and fit the side panels tomorrow, and then start work on the top rails. I think I'll be using wood to make the rails from, as I think metal could introduce problems with fitting panels etc.

476th vFG Alumni