Dimebug Free stencil A-10C cocpkit project

dimebug

Dimebug as I'm loosely following your plans for the left and right consoles I have a question about the Right console. Where does the incline start near the front of the console? In your instructions the breakdown of distances in between show the dimensions for the left console not the right. It then repeats those dimensions for the left side as well.

Thanks for all your hard work Dimebug and for sharing it as well. I wouldn't know where to start without using your plans as a base.

Or planning on selling them? I don't have the warthog, an ejection seat, or enough room to fit a cockpit in my apartment (wife's rules, not mine... I'd use the whole living room if she'd let me)... but I'd probably buy one for the day I can add it to my pit.

You need to tell your wife you need a place for your stuff. Just start making a spot.....she'll get the picture. :D

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

yeah, I definitely need a man-cave. With the work everyone's doing in here building pits, I'm starting on a few things that might convince her I need space! lol

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Well you can have your own mancave or tell her you'll be forced to go to bars and strip clubs instead for entertainment.

Dimebug thanks for the measurements, next project is to find some strips (like aluminum) for mounting panels. I think I'm going to use a hole saw to cut a few holes for cable management, cutting with a jigsaw gets tiring LOL!

IceMaker..... very nice pit you are building!

I have a question about your fuel panel shown in previous posts. What did you use for the four switches for the fuel tanks (that turns them on or off for refueling)?

I guess they stay down when pushed, then with another push they are higher so you can tell if they are on or off. Or are they more like circuit breakers (which are mucho $$$$'s)?

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 Pro 64 | Asus Rampage III Extreme |Swiftech H2O cooled: CPU, Video, N. Bridge | i7 980X EE @4.5GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @1726 MHZ | AMD R9 290X 4GB DDR5 +EK H2O block+Backplate | BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 @144Hz | Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | 2 - Samsung HD 1TB | Pinoeer BD-RW | ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 PCIe Audio | CoolerMaster Haf-X case | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 760W PS | HOTAS Cougar w/Evenstrain Mod | HOTAS Warthog | TM RCS Rudders + Mods | TM MFD's w/monitors | TrackIR5

Thanks Dimebug, great work!

Cheers,

Pogo

Intel I7 920 Std Clock - 6GB DDR3 RAM - 2 x GTX260 SLI - 10K 130GB Velociraptor Drive - Vista 64Bit - Saitek X52 Pro Hotas - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - TrackIR 5

Looks great Dimebug. I'm actually in the process of doing my front panel. Are they measurements actual, or...

I'll be buying the wood tomorrow to do my cuts.

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Cutting Dimebugs stencils

Hi Everyone,

Well i`m ready to start, got my wood, cut to size using 18mil and 6mil ply on order for next week and having stencils printed 1 to 1 at a local print shop but need a bit of advise. I`ve got a jigsaw, work table and clamps but i wonder if it would be easier to make the cuts using a plunging router, i have no experience of using one of these and cannot afford a top model, something around the £100 mark. Any of you guys use these tools ??

any comments would be helpfull.

best regards Grayson

A router will give you much cleaner cuts, but you have to use a jig (I think thats the name for it?) in order to make straight cuts. It's not really controlable when using it freehand.

For curvy things, you will have to make a model first, using the jigsaw, and then you can make perfect copys of that, using the router with a ... copy ring? attached. <again, not sure what it's called in english...

It does make quite a mess though, as it cuts up more material than the jigsaw, but then again, you won't have to sand so much after you're done cutting.

System: Asus z270 A Prime, Intel i7-7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD.

Valve Index VR, TM Warthog Throttle & Grip, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 base, TM TPDR Rudders.

metric, most of the pdf are scale 1/1

New seat implemented. The seat as been designed by a french guy "OLR". Here you can see the virtual model :

assemblagetotale2.jpg

I don't know if he plan to release plans, but it lookk very good, but require some serious work (lots of parts).

We found some little mistakes, but it looks quite good already. The autor already build it.

I made a short pause but i will start to work on the external ribs soon.

Coupled with some pictures, i've seen that my stick base is probably 3 centimeter too close of the center console. I will be gratefull if someone can give me the exact dimension of an Ace II seat, especially the width.

Edited by dimebug

As i work with cardboard on my day job i was thinking that maby i can laser-cut the parts on 4mm cardboard and glue 4 of them together to get a very strong and light parts.

So i did!!:)

And the result was awesome.....Very strong and light...

So now im gonna make a pit in cardboard,no more jigsaw, just some wood plugs and glue:)

Edited by linden