Clicking on Radio options and 1.1.0.8

There was a trick in 1.1.0.7 that allowed you to click with the mouse pointer when selecting radio options. Is that still compatible with 1.1.0.8?

Also, does anyone remember how to widen the "window" so that the entire line is visible when selecting armaments? ie, the text cuts off after about 30 characters and does not display the whole line; there was a mod to edit some value so that the text can take up 1/3 of the screen...

- Ice

Here's the radio command menu fix.

1) Unlock the maximum string length:

within ...Games\DCS A-10C\Scripts\UI\CommandMenu.lua, search for and change local menuItemMaxLength from 26 to 100; this is the cutoff length where it uses (...)

2) Change the radio dialog size

within ...Games\DCS A-10C\FUI\Resources\Radio\menu.res, make the two changes, (reduce existing number by 300, this will extend the dialog left by 300 pixels).

\dialog

\begin

\tag{-1}

\coord{0, 10, 1024, 300}

\color{50, 50, 50, 50}

\musthavecursor{0}

\drawitself{0}

\acceptmouse{0}

\fixedposition{0}

\dontinflate{4}

\onmainview{4}

\layer{1000}

\bordercolor{255, 255, 255, 255}

\hasborder{0}

\end

\static

\begin

\tag{2}

\coord{ 502 , 25, 1024, 40} ---------- CHANGE HERE TO 502

\color{200, 200, 200, 50}

\drawitself{0}

\fonttype{font_arial_13}

\fontcolor{255, 255, 255, 255}

\alignmentleft

\caption{}

\end

\multicolumnlistbox

\begin

\tag{3}

\coord{ 500 , 50, 1024, 300} ------------ CHANGE HERE TO 500

\defaultitem{Radio/command_list_box_item.res}

\columnswidth{224}

\marker1{Radio/command_list_marker.res}

\bordercolor{255, 255, 255, 255}

\visiblescrollbar{0}

\hasborder{0}

\readonly{0}

\end

To add clickable radio commands

\dialog

\begin

\tag{-1}

\coord{0, 10, 1024, 300}

\color{50, 50, 50, 50}

\musthavecursor{0}

\drawitself{0}

\acceptmouse{0} change 0 to 1:)

Found here Games\DCS A-10C\FUI\Resources\Radio\menu.res

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MTF, I just thought I'd ask in case someone already has and didn't work. I've been out of the loop for a month so didn't know what the status was on this one.

Thanks for the help guys, very awesome!

- Ice

I re-enabled this in my game as soon as 1.1.0.8 came out and haven't had a crash with it yet. I think whatever bug was causing it must be worked out, or if it's still there it must happen very infrequently now. Pretty happy about that too, because I love this feature.

I haven't noticed it since the latest patch Nate, It has happened to me before. Its livable with though for the sake of less keyboard input:)

I re-enabled this in my game as soon as 1.1.0.8 came out and haven't had a crash with it yet. I think whatever bug was causing it must be worked out, or if it's still there it must happen very infrequently now. Pretty happy about that too, because I love this feature.

Fantastic - I'll go back to using it on my retail copy myself so.

Nate

Also these menus now feature a click and drag option, for those who are not aware. Enable the acceptmouse, click and drag the menus where ever you please. IIRC you need to accomplish it for every radio.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

• 5 months later...
1) Unlock the maximum string length:

within ...Games\DCS A-10C\Scripts\UI\CommandMenu.lua, search for and change local menuItemMaxLength from 26 to 100; this is the cutoff length where it uses (...)

Can't seem to find the menuItemMaxLength bit now. Any help?

- Ice

Answered the same question two days ago:

Sorry to be no much help in this.

Since the 1.1.0.9 version the line in the CommandMenu.lua that made the rearm menu fully appear is missing/not functional.

I discovered that since 1.1.0.9 it highly depends on the resolution you are using in-game if you see the full rearm menu.

I usually fly at a res of 3840x1712 (and of course using my Mod) and can see it fine - and it appears like in the attached screenie in the Download... But when I use a horizontal res lower than ~ 1600 I also can't see the full rearm line any-more and it is clipped off by dots at the end.

Will have a deep look in the holidays for a workaround.

So I would like to ask you which resolution you are running and if you use this Mod: http://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/84648/ - so I could collect enough data to debug this.

I wanted anyway rework the given info in the download to bring it up-to-date for DCS 1.1.1.1 .