OT: British Team rescue trapped Russian Sub

Just read the good news, Those trapped Russian submariners in the Pacific have been saved and are all well. A Royal Navy minisub cut free the fishing nets which had tangled the Russian craft.

Russian officials had been quick to praise the British efforts. In a phone call to British Defence Secretary John Reid, his Russian counterpart Sergei Ivanov said: "The UK were the first to come, they played a crucial part and we do appreciate that.''

I know its OT and not Lockon related, but it is nice to read some good news and I'm proud of our (little) Navy.... :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

That is great news. I saw it on Fox News the other day live before they had launched a sub to save them. I kept thinking about the Kirsk :(. Im glad they got those seven sailors out.

Great job Brits!

-Hellcat

"When you're out of Tomcats, you're out of fighters!"

helk.gif

That is great news. I saw it on Fox News the other day live before they had launched a sub to save them. I kept thinking about the Kirsk :(. Im glad they got those seven sailors out.

Great job Brits!

-Hellcat

Most definitley it is great that those 7 men were saved. On the other hand it is also sad to know that the russians themselves were unable to assist. Bearing in mind that this small incident portais a fraction of something which is very much bigger -- life in russia in the present time is as this sub.

I whish all the best to people of the russian federation, and their subs, ofcourse to ED for making lo-mac :).

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

Most definitley it is great that those 7 men were saved. On the other hand it is also sad to know that the russians themselves were unable to assist. Bearing in mind that this small incident portais a fraction of something which is very much bigger -- life in russia in the present time is as this sub.

I whish all the best to people of the russian federation, and their subs, ofcourse to ED for making lo-mac :).

Well that sub WAS a rescue sub . . . . which is kind of ironic :p

Driving it into the underwater antenna/fishing net was rather careless of them - I was quite surprised that the Russians didn't have submersibles like the RN one to go and cut the cables themselves, actually.

On the other hand it is also sad to know that the russians themselves were unable to assist.

Heh, yea. They are too buisy conducting war-games with the Chinese to save their sailors.:icon_pai: :icon_eek:

"When you're out of Tomcats, you're out of fighters!"

helk.gif

I was quite surprised that the Russians didn't have submersibles like the RN one to go and cut the cables themselves, actually.

I was just reading this on the BBC news website:

"I know they have their own ROVs. I also know they did try and they suffered some fairly major failures in these ROVs. That is for them to investigate,"

Cdr Riches RN @ http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4130754.stm

---SVBS squad is playing Lock On, ADF/TAW and Typhoon now at www.svbs.co.uk !---