Cobra Full Rotation

Ok, I have seen this in a few movies but I can't do it.

I want to be able to do a Cobra and instead of the aircraft pitching up then coming back down I want it it flip over.

Every time I try this it just goes so far then comes back instead of completing the rotation.

Anyone got any tips?

Thanks

Paul

You can't do it in the game, and I'm not entirely certain that it's possible to do witht he real thing either (Specifically the Su-27S that is modelled in the game)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Sorry I'm abit confused by what you mean.

When i'm in the air i pull up just past vertical and press K, this produces the cobra manouver but then it flips back down instead of carrying it over.

Please explain what you mean by disabling ACS before take off?

Thanks

Paul

They did not do it in the VFTC Movie. The plane was already vertical due to the climb, and then he did the cobra which made it look like it was a sharp turn. They cut off what happened afterwards because if they continued, you will see the plane will pitch back up since the cobra is scripted. Also, i don't believe the Su-27S can do a "Super Cobra Maneuver" (which is what you want to call when you do a full rotation). I believe the planes that has thrust vectors can only do that like the Su-35 and the Su-37.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FYI the Su-35 Does not have Thrust Vectoring in RL. The Su-35 is basically a downgraded Su-37 without the TVC. It retains the canards and advanced avionics however. The Flankers that can perform such super-manuevers are the now non-existant Su-37 and the Su-30MKI series.

I think the VFTC did it in LOMAC by disengaging the ACS. This enchances the flankers scripted manuevers and limits ingame for it to actually flip over. The plane does flip over in the video, and does not snap back.

KuostASigcopy.png

That's a pretty bad description of the Su-35. More accurately, the Su-37 is a Su-35 upgraded with TVC.

The decided to do away with TVC since they could reproduce most of the effects with some clever FBW programming.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I may be wrong (but its *highly* unlikely :D), but what you see in the VFTC video is not a cobra, but a particularity of the flight model without the ACS. In other words, put the plane in those conditions and you will see the same thing every time, i.e. scripted stall modeling. You just have to find the right pitch and speed combination and get the timing right.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Guest ruggbutt

I don't recall which vid it was but it was one you could d/l w/FC. You can see at the very beginning that he causes a failure w/the ACS. He then goes about doing some fantastic flying, just feet above the ground.

I don't recall which vid it was but it was one you could d/l w/FC. You can see at the very beginning that he causes a failure w/the ACS. He then goes about doing some fantastic flying, just feet above the ground.

I think that is the super flanker video that is in the game.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

how do you go about causing teh failure with acs so that i could try and make a mess of it, if it is possible ?

Guest ruggbutt

I've used HUD failures for some of the shots in my movies, when I'm superimposing different cockpits over the footage. Set the failure to 100%, it will happen right away.

You can do a full flip. I can't remember entry air speed but as soon as you press k use full throttle and pull right back and the whole plane flips over to the ground then back to the opposite direction of intial flight path.

You can do a full flip. I can't remember entry air speed but as soon as you press k use full throttle and pull right back and the whole plane flips over to the ground then back to the opposite direction of intial flight path.

You could do that in Flanker 2.5 . . . . . but the aircraft used to get to about 330 degrees angle of attack, and then the flight model would wake up and say ". . . . Hey . . . . no you bloody don't!" and flip you all the way back around.

Now THAT looked weird :p

You could do that in Flanker 2.5 . . . . . but the aircraft used to get to about 330 degrees angle of attack, and then the flight model would wake up and say ". . . . Hey . . . . no you bloody don't!" and flip you all the way back around.

Now THAT looked weird :p

Heh heh ... yup, I remember that too. :) Haven't done much cobra'ing in Lock On, but if this full flip is possible I might give it a try.