Weapons Guide PDF

toby23

-----------------------------

07/08 Important Update

Please download the Combined Document Pack from HERE to obtain this file

Updated 25.07

I've made a Weapons Guide, more as a learning tool than for quick reference.

It's attached in PDF format for those of you who want to learn more.

I highly recommend reading 'Fire Strike 7/9' to learn more about the employment of various weapon types.

Happy hunting

---

Images and Figures from DCS Manual, USAF, Wikipedia, Northrop Grumman, FAS.org

Edited by toby23
Corrected based on feedback
  • Like 5

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

Nice work excellent reference:-)

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Funny, I was just making something like this. Thanks.

Me too :-). Thx mate !

My Rig:

ASUS P8P67 - Intel I7 2600K 3.4 Ghz (not yet OC'ed) - GeForce GTX 560 - 8GB Ram - SSD 120 GB - HDD 2 X 500 GB - TIR 5 - Saitek X52 pro

Thanks people, please re-download, error in weight corrected.

A 10,000lb CBU-105 would be nice but it's not big and it's not clever...

Thanks

Edited by toby23

Brilliant, I was looking for something this condensed. Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Antec DF-85 Case, Asus Sabertooth Z77, Intel i5-3570k Ivy Bridge 3.4 GHz, air-cooled with Noctua NH-D14,

Corsair Vengeance 16GB, EVGA GTX 560 TI, Corsair Professional Series 750W, Creative Sound Blaster X-fi Titanium HD, ASUS EA-N66 Wireless Adapter

Very Nice!! Thanks

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I agree and I have updated the guide to show this.

From the Manual - Although most effective against unarmored and lightly-armored targets, the Mk-84 can also be effective against armored targets when dropped in close proximity

Edited by toby23

Great guide... but what you list as suitable for light to medium armour always destroys the heaviest armour in the field. Mk-82, GBU-38, GBU-12, AGM-65D/H.

Also the CBU-97/87 are very effective against groups of mobile targets.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Tommy, I agree with you but I don't have experience dropping these bombs in real life, so I can't comment. My information is sourced from the manual, the USAF, FAS.org, Northrup Grumman and Wikipedia and also based on first hand JTAC accounts. Perhaps the sim is a bit too generous with bomb damage?

Tommy, I agree with you but I don't have experience dropping these bombs in real life, so I can't comment. My information is sourced from the manual, the USAF, FAS.org, Northrup Grumman and Wikipedia and also based on first hand JTAC accounts. Perhaps the sim is a bit too generous with bomb damage?

I feel your pain, I have the same issue with my Threat Guide...what manuals and other locations say isn't the same as how they act in the sim. Very frustrating and I don't have time to go and test every AAA or SAM threat to find out the in sim ranges/limits.

• 10 years later...
On 7/21/2011 at 9:04 PM, toby23 said:

07/08 Important Update

Please download the Combined Document Pack from HERE to obtain this file

Updated 25.07

I've made a Weapons Guide, more as a learning tool than for quick reference.

It's attached in PDF format for those of you who want to learn more.

I highly recommend reading 'Fire Strike 7/9' to learn more about the employment of various weapon types.

Happy hunting

---

Images and Figures from DCS Manual, USAF, Wikipedia, Northrop Grumman, FAS.org

Doc is no longer available, can you please reload?

• Like 1