DCS:A10 and FaceTrackNoIR

Hey, I have searched high and low on the internet and cant see anyone with similar issues to me and so I am resorting to posting here where fingers crossed someone will be able to help.

I have DCS:A10 through steam which runs fine and normal. I have also installed the correct 64bit file "headtracker.dll" in ./bin/headtracker/ and made sure its the correct directory in input.lua so I should be good to go.

I have also intalled FTnoIR which runs and tracks my face perfectly in the window within the program itself. The A10.ini has been registered and the settings loaded into FTnoIR.

As far as i can tell from the instructions everywhere that should be it. When I load DCS:A10 it should need nothing doing. I have tried numerous times and it just fails to track me. But instead I guess the best way to describe it is padlocks the pilots view pointing directly down and either left or right at the panels.

Anyone got any ideas?

Specs wise, I am running an HP Envy 17-3D. I have everything set to max settings and at 1920x1080 and DCS cruises along at around mid 20s to 40 odd depending on whats going on. Win7 64 home premium.

Great to hear! It would be nice if you'd put a link to the specific post with the version that worked for you, could be useful for others with similar issues in the future.

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

How does FaceTrackNoIR work ? Does the camera track eyes or something ? I sit 2m/2.5m away from my plasma tv, Track IR works without problems at this distance, do you think NoIR could get this done, too ? Because I know that most people sit directly in front of their monitors...

I just tried it out for you, if I start close to my screen it locks onto me within seconds, and I managed to get about 1.5m away and it still had me. If I lost the lock on purpose it would not find me again afterwards beyond 1.5m.
Thanks for trying. Do you think it's possible for FTNIR to track me at 2m by using a special webcam ? Which cam do you use ?

I have a crappy one built into my laptop, only runs at 30fps so the track isnt as smooth as it could be. Apparently the best one to use is the Playstation Eye as it runs atr 100fps. I am tempted to try and find one on ebay and try it.

The free track software can track the TIR head clip, borrowing a headclip off a friend this week so I can try it and if that works better I am going to buy the head clip and stick with that.

After I did read your post I immediately found a PS3 eye on ebay with only a few seconds left. I went wild and bid quick and got one for 7,50€. I think that's a nice price to test it out. I'll see if it works. I also read that some users with similar setup as me (P67A-UD3/Win7 64) got problems with FTNOIR.

Downloaded the software and bought a PS3 Eye from Blockbuster for £7 ... and first impressions going with all the defaults in DCS A10C is this is fantastic....

FPS for camera holds around 30fps ... The only citicsm is the sensitivity which is my question anyone got some good values tips on setting up dead zones etc ...

Dangermouse

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FPS for camera holds around 30fps

Operating the PS3 Eye above 30fps:

The PS3 Eye camera was designed for gaming and for that purpose, it can give up to 120 fps. However when the Code Laboratories driver is used it normally operates in 'basic' mode, which will max. at 30fps. If you want, you can switch the driver into advanced mode this way:

• Create a file called cleye.config in the program-folder of FaceTrackNoIR (the one with with the .EXE in it);
  • Enter this text in the file and save it:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<cleye>

<item name="mode" value="advanced" />

</cleye>

• Run FaceTrackNoIR;

You should keep in mind that a higher framerate will also require more CPU-power. We only recommend it for faster gaming-machines (quad-core or higher). We would appreciate any feedback from users, who have tried this...

From their website.

help!

Hi folks,just wondering if anybody can help?After making a three point clip with LED'S,got freetrack working great eg: skull moving around and stuff,downloaded the proper dll. for 64bit win and inserted into the proper place in DCS A-10 folder.Now when I start A-10 nothing happens? Am I supposed to do anything else eg:in the control input section of the sim or anything else for that matter? It works on other games eg: Rise Of Flight so at least I know it works.I am baffled as other folks seem to get it working with A-10 no problem.:huh:

Please help,I have posted before with no joy. :helpsmilie:

Cheers Mick.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Keep the faith

AMD PHENOM II X 4 955be @3.2 GHZ | ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO mb | Corsair XMS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory | Nvidea GTX 580 GDDR5 GPU | CNPS9900 NT cooler | Corsair HX850W psu | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD 300 MBps - 7200 rpm | WIN 7 64bit | 32" HD LCD TV | 5.1 surround sound | wireless keyboard and mouse | Saitek x45 hotas.

Afaik you have to use PPJoy if you use the 64bit version of DCS.

This is incorrect, have a look in the thread in my signature. (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=75917)

Hi folks,just wondering if anybody can help?After making a three point clip with LED'S,got freetrack working great eg: skull moving around and stuff,downloaded the proper dll. for 64bit win and inserted into the proper place in DCS A-10 folder.Now when I start A-10 nothing happens? Am I supposed to do anything else eg:in the control input section of the sim or anything else for that matter? It works on other games eg: Rise Of Flight so at least I know it works.I am baffled as other folks seem to get it working with A-10 no problem.:huh:

Please help,I have posted before with no joy. :helpsmilie:

Cheers Mick.

Have a look in the thread again and redo all steps. Maybe run freetrack as admin? I always do so from playing arma 2 but I don't know if it's a requirement for getting it to work with DCS Warthog.

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

Hi Boulund,thanks for the reply,this honestly is driving me nuts:cry:

I really have tried everything including running as admin,tried all the steps about a dozen times and still nowt.I am using an eye-toy as camera and as it works in other games I just don't understand why not in this one,especially as other folks got it to work quite easily.:noexpression:

I just thought there was maybe something I had to enable in game controls or something so that the sim recognizes the device,I honestly dunno!

Quote:" What does baffled mean"? = ME!

Cheers Mick.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Keep the faith

AMD PHENOM II X 4 955be @3.2 GHZ | ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO mb | Corsair XMS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory | Nvidea GTX 580 GDDR5 GPU | CNPS9900 NT cooler | Corsair HX850W psu | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD 300 MBps - 7200 rpm | WIN 7 64bit | 32" HD LCD TV | 5.1 surround sound | wireless keyboard and mouse | Saitek x45 hotas.