A-10 Details

I've been using Lock-On for some time now and the A-10A is my favorite. The only thing that irks me is the mis-matched details for it. I'm an Active Duty USAF Weapons Loader and worked Hogs for 3 years. The one question that I have to ask is, What era A-10 is this? Pre-LASTE, Post LASTE Pre-EGI?

The Munition listing is no where near what the A-10 can actually carry. 6x AGM-65s are a thing of the past and so are Mk-20s, as we now use CBU-87s & CBU-89s never CBU-97s & single AGM-65s on stations 3 & 9 only with the very rare Slant Loaded LAU-88 which gives 4 AGM-65s. The LAU-3 is way old-school as LAU-131 (7 Rocket Capacity) is used with very limited rocket types. ALQ-131 & ALQ-184s are the ECM pods of choice. The AGM-65K is also a very modern AGM-65 which just now came into service while the AGM-65B, AGM-65D (125lb Warhead) and the AGM-65G & G2 (300lb Warhead Type) are used very often.

A typical CSAR loadout is 4x CBU-87 on Stations 4,5,7,8, 2x LAU-131 on Stations 2 & 10 with 7 WP & 7 HE, 2x AIM-9Ls Station 11, 1x AGM-65D Station 3, 1x AGM-65G Station 9, & ECM Pod Station 1. If the newer A-10 is modeled then you would dd the Lightning Targeting Pod for Station 9 as a capability. The A-10 can also deliver GBU-10s & GBU-12s with "Buddy" Lasing from Ground or Airborne assets as that is what the Pave Penny Pod is for. The Lightning Pod is now used to give it the ability to lase targets itself. Ok, I will stop typing now, hope this is informative for everyone.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

banner.jpg

Combatace

47 Miles from the DMZ!

You might want to try the A-10A Realistic Weapons Mod.

To quote from description

This modification for Flaming Cliffs will allow the player to use the weapons and correct station loading that is closest to what the real A-10A can carry within the confines of the simulation. This modification is LoMan 2.1 compatible. The main changes are as follows: 1. Stations 3 and 9 are the only stations that can carry the AGM-65 Maverick either as singles or in pairs on the outboard and bottom racks of TER(Triple Ejector Racks). 2. Stations 1 and 11 can carry the AIM-9 Sidewinder, ALQ-131 ECM pods, Mk-20, and Mk-82 iron bombs. 3. Stations 4 and 8 can carry Mk-82's on TER's. 4. Stations 4 and 8 can carry LAU-61 Hydra launchers on TER's. 5. Stations 3 and 9 can carry SUU-25 illumination flares. 6. The ability to carry Mk-20 Rockeye's on TER's has been removed. Also included in this package are several custom payloads using the new station modifications. I did not include CBU-97's to this modification due to the poor model and textures and didn't feel that they fit in with the rest of the highly detailed weapons. **Note: This modification will not alter any existing custom payloads or any payloads in any existing missions or campaigns. If a custom payload, such as those provided by Eagle Dynamics, has 3 Mk-20 or 3 AGM-65's on TER's then they will be useable. This modification only affects using the custom payload editor.

It seems to fit the bill.

Buddy-lasing is not currently programmed into LOMAC. It might be a slim possibility with 1.2 and probably with the Lockon Successor

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

A-10..my favourite too!..

very informative,thx for the post.

p.s could u post what u carry on certain mission's in Lockon using LOPE

I like to keep it a real a poss.thx ;)

No Problem

I use 2 or 3 basic configs with certain items always the same.

Station 1 - ALQ-131

Station 11 - 2x AIM-9s

Station 3 - AGM-65D

Station 9 - AGM-65K

These are the ones that change.

Station 2 & 10 will have rockets if I'm on a CAS Mission I will add a SUU-25 on Station 2 if it's a Night Mission.

Stations 4, 5, 7, & 8 will have CBU-97s or Mk20s if on CAS and Mk82s for any other Mission type. Sometimes I use a Combo of Mk82s & CBUs. Mk84s are only if a large target such as a building is expected as 2000lbs is over kill for a Vehicle.

I also alternate AGM-65 types based on Weather & Time of Day as IR Mavs work better at Night than EO types and IR sees better in poor weather.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

banner.jpg

Combatace

47 Miles from the DMZ!

Hey guys, I'm still around but been busting my butt on the PE (A-10C) upgrade and haven't been playing sims with what little spare time I do have.

Wpnssgt, been kinda a rough year and not getting better. My contract with the A-10 SPO is up in 5 weeks and I have no job in sight so, I guess I will be leaving the A-10 program. I did get an offer from Lockheed Martin but, I would have to move to Nellis AFB and without going into detail I just can't do it at this stage in my life.

Sorry to bore ya, I just drop by here every once in a while to see what's happening.

Ugly but well hung!

AGM-65s are flown single and the launcher isn't a TER (Triple Ejector Launcher) it's a LAU-88 which I fly if the number of Tanks expected is high or if AAA & SAMS are high. Shepski's MOD was a step in the right direction and if we had an actual TER-9 model would be perfect.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

banner.jpg

Combatace

47 Miles from the DMZ!

I use 2 mavs(IIR) on each wing on one pylon with 2 sidewinders, ecm pod and the rest are cbu97s. Works out quite well for a/g on fc but the 97s I think should be more effective vs tanks than they are in lockon.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

AGM-65s are flown single and the launcher isn't a TER (Triple Ejector Launcher) it's a LAU-88 which I fly if the number of Tanks expected is high or if AAA & SAMS are high. Shepski's MOD was a step in the right direction and if we had an actual TER-9 model would be perfect.

I think if the A-10A had AFM more people would be loading it up your way. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• ED Team

To Wpnssgt.

Thank you about your comments.

Could not you briefly write up all payloads wich was used on A-10As in your squadron?

Thank you in advance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

Guest IguanaKing

Me too, it definitely helps. I'm just wondering if A-10s are actually carrying the 19-tube launchers. LAU-61s aren't even listed on my "External Stores Loading Configurations" charts. The charts I have are REALLY old though, so, maybe it does carry the 61s now.

Hey Wpnssgt,

Do A-10s actually carry LAU-61s, like in LOMAC, or do they still carry LAU-68s?

LAU-61s were retired a long time ago. The only Rocket Pod in use now is the LAU-131 7 Tube launcher. The USAF only flies WP, HE, IR, and a couple of other type of 2.75" Wrap Around Fin Rockets.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

banner.jpg

Combatace

47 Miles from the DMZ!

To Wpnssgt.

Thank you about your comments.

Could not you briefly write up all payloads wich was used on A-10As in your squadron?

Thank you in advance.

You bet, I will make something that is easy to read as the configs vary from Unit to Unit

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

banner.jpg

Combatace

47 Miles from the DMZ!