Border Patrol

• 6 months later...

That make sense I went into the editor and the kc-10 is mapped out to travel at like 340 kts! Doubt a KC-10 can do that. I guess somethings were lost in translation. I tried to slow him down but I think the tanker still wants to fly full throttle which I estimate to be about 200 kts, cruising at 19300. In that cold thin air and fully loaded down I cannot maintain that speed let alone catch up to him in the allotted time.

I tinkered in the editor but I can't seem to get to get the KC to obey me. It just wants to fly super high and fast. I was just saving those right to WildFire's mission but maybe I have to make a new version. I think if I can get him doing 180kts around 15k this mission will be so nice. The mountains below me are tempting as I am wasting fuel chasing around the worlds fastest tanker. Eventually I just run out of fuel and go to bed.

That make sense I went into the editor and the kc-10 is mapped out to travel at like 340 kts! Doubt a KC-10 can do that. I guess somethings were lost in translation. I tried to slow him down but I think the tanker still wants to fly full throttle which I estimate to be about 200 kts, cruising at 19300. In that cold thin air and fully loaded down I cannot maintain that speed let alone catch up to him in the allotted time.

I tinkered in the editor but I can't seem to get to get the KC to obey me. It just wants to fly super high and fast. I was just saving those right to WildFire's mission but maybe I have to make a new version. I think if I can get him doing 180kts around 15k this mission will be so nice. The mountains below me are tempting as I am wasting fuel chasing around the worlds fastest tanker. Eventually I just run out of fuel and go to bed.

For those that have played and completed the mission, how have you managed to deal with the tanker? Mission looks like a lot of fun, however we keep having the same problem as above. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Yeah since it was built on standalone but as far as I know dcs world didnt change any triggers and I didnt use any mods so straight up everything should work. Unless they've dramatically altered how the triggers work. Been a while since I fired up DCS, waiting on the hornet :)

The tankers can be difficult. Basically I think I usually stuck with 270 or 280 knots at 18000 feet. Which in airspeed should come out to something like 210 at that altitude. Or something like that. I've long forgotten. Either way, its not difficult to manipulate, go into the editor, load it up, click on the tanker, select the waypoint where he begins his track and adjust the orbit speed. If its still based on TAS you might have to do some calculations or trial and error, if they finally converted it to IAS then I can understand why its fast. Knock it down like 30-50 knots and give it a shot or if you can convert to IAS then do that and pick your speed.

Keep in mind at 15-18K in cold weather the A-10 performance is sloth mode especially with munitions. But again not difficult. Good luck.

Seriously still amazed people are playing this. I flew with the 476th and the 1st before they split and we flew a mix of stuka and my massive mp mission. This was one of my first and its tiny in comparison. Im seriously surprised it has lasted. I don't know if Grimes is still popping around but I really liked some of his sp missions.

• 4 weeks later...