Even underground water is modeled?

rssmps

Brit_Radar_Dude,

I guess this would somewhat make sense if it was uniform across all tracks.

However, in the visual landing track, once you land and taxi on to the taxiway, the view will not let you go below ground. So it works in that track but not in the takeoff track.

I assume those two tracks are different airports? could that be a source of error?

I can understand it's easier to put the water there so all the rivers and other water bodies can be applied, but I wish ED could change this because I believe this reduces the fps rate a lot.

The way I understand it, it costs less FPS to do it this way, than split up the water into a number of distinct shapes for rivers and lakes. One huge water thing, rather than all those edges . . . .

Now it gets hazy, but I THINK the bump map is universal, but the water itself is only universal when you can actually see it. Or something like that.

there is something wrong with the logic when it allows the view to rotate below a land or water surface.

It only does that if you change something in the game files. Some people did that so they could place their camera on the ground (most people do that to record videos) But other than that, there's no need to allow the camera to go under the ground.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...