Add 3D ground ogject

_Heater_

Looks like it's going to be a great mod when completed, Thanks :)

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are many tutorials on 3D Max, if you want, you can ;)

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 
HOTAS: TM Warthog - Cougar \ HP Reverb G2 \ WinWing Panels

Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.

In the next week I will release the Mod....stay tuned

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 

Just so you know paul it's all about time. If you've got some time... you can do this. Just takes some patience.

I can't speak for Paul, or anyone else, but for me time and patience means the ability to perhaps create a model of something. However, creating a model that looks good enough to use is where skills I do not have are necessary.

Anyone with time and patience can sculpt, that does not mean they can produce art, or even something recognizable!:D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Greetings modelers!

Did a quick and dirty convert for a trusty old An-2R for ground "clutter". All went well except for glass texture/material. I tried both material color with transparency and glass in the material options. Neither seemed to work out.

Any ideas on setting up transparent materials?

zip

Screen_111012_021247.thumb.jpg.19778bc61f44eca05139e9fa575cea19.jpg

Screen_111012_021340.thumb.jpg.5fd93c35903c65bc859bf547904a565f.jpg

Screen_111012_021346.thumb.jpg.2b4cc5b71bd9fbebf77528ec200efe8c.jpg

Screen_111012_021407.thumb.jpg.da946d0e065d9881f947531d762afe4a.jpg

Screen_111012_021419.thumb.jpg.9ccb38e7cc2f6f257c95ac35414c44d4.jpg

working for a first mod release...

• 2 weeks later...
Greetings modelers!

Did a quick and dirty convert for a trusty old An-2R for ground "clutter"

Hehe, nice :thumbup:

A Hungarian Air Tractor :D

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Any update?

Hi Paul..the mod will be released next week :thumbup:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Any update please ?

Will it be A-10c compatible or FC2 ?

Thanks in advance

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

Anyone with time and patience can sculpt, that does not mean they can produce art, or even something recognizable!:D

I'd buy that if you were creating something cathartic or working with your hands... but believe me almost anyone can pick this up with patience! This is more like CAD than art. It's about accuracy, planning, and attention to detail. A feel for spatial geometry does help, but that's a skill you can develop. Time and practice. :)

what are the requirements for exporting to edm? i exported some models of soldiers but there's no dialog to tell me what's wrong and predictably it doesn't work.

i assume it must be a single object. ie no multi meshes? anything else?

open material rollout (M key). click on your material orb. On the right click on the edm plugin button. Click "Make Cool". a new section should appear in the material rollout. For buildings, use the "Default" material

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

on the right side of your whole screen, go to plugin manager tab. once your material is selected, click the edm tools, then click the 'make cool' button

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

Any update?

for the weekend of 26/11

I will release a first release with some object and to help the installation will be an .exe file

coming soon...

1418267688_dcs2011-11-2612-56-43-25.thumb.jpg.38c96e0fa549ac56f12b5c9c0c039918.jpg

1156506946_dcs2011-11-2613-15-03-56.thumb.jpg.1466fbdecffdf65f2ba609295b8b49e5.jpg

Edited by _Heater_