Guns impact FPS drop

Prophet_169th

So when I fire guns, when shells hit the ground or water. FPS drop dramatically.

I have an AMD 3500+, 1GB of RAM, 6800GT. I have tried several Vid drivers, none help.

Someone suggested that it was a sound problem. So I did some testing. Editted out the lines for the water and ground explosion 0. Still no good. I even deleted the files, so the sounds not heard, no go.

So what I believe it to be, is the impact effect. I have turned effects down to low, and lights to none. No effect.

Can someone please help. Its hard to even use the nose cannon, let alone all gunpods on SU25T.

There must be a solution.

*** Found solution. Turning effects off. Low still causes problem.

What is up with this? A 6800GT cant have any effect? Whats the deal?

down to about 2 fps or lower. Sometimes it compeletly pauses, and of course I end up crashing.

Just seems odd to me, I just ran 3DMark05, got a 5200.

Just doesnt seem right that I need to turn effects off, to play.

But it doesnt seem to be something that will be addressed.

Yeah I had avoided straffing before, but sometimes when your out of bombs, and out of vihkirs but there is still those few targets left =D

Yes I find it odd. I have tried many drivers, updated my bios. Tried many driver config changes, and nothing.

With my current settings, I normally get about 35-40 FPS on the runway, and 60-80 FPS in the air. If I strafe..... 10 or less. And most the times its less.

I am going to try and re-install DX if thats an option.

It's LockOn issue since version 1.0 and it still has not been resolved. I gave up. I'm playing with all effects OFF when mud moving. Yes it sucks. But what the hell. ED is busy with 1.11 and 1.2. I'm fatalistic, I bet same problem will be with 1.2 and Ka-50. Or maybe NVIDIA or ATI will release new hardware? LockOn Gun Impact Dust accelerator 2000. LGIDA2000 for short :rolleyes:

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• 2 weeks later...

This is definately not right. My first guess is that gunfire is attempting to use a dx call that is broken and subsequently writes an error for it in the error log (lockon\temp\error...) if its repetitive the multiple writes to the file (HDD Access) may be impacting the FPS. Hit ctl-backspace again, and see what the details show, perhaps there is a clue there. My experience: single digit FPS is unflyable in this sim.

I would try a completely vanilla 1.1 installation on a vanilla mission and see if it still does it. If so, then the trouble is exterior to LOMAC and unfortunatly could be just about anything that can impact FPS. A real bugger to troubleshoot. Borrow a friends ATI card and see if that makes it go away. That can help narrow down where the trouble is.

Truthfully, I'm at a loss on this one... your system is plenty powerful to handle this.

When all else fails, Eject then read the manual.

Oh, and a good wingman helps.

The odd thing is that the FPS drops when the gun impact smoke plumes are visible, once I fly over them, then FPS return.

But there are other smoke effects in the game, like from factories, and missle launch, and such, that dont drop the FPS.

I will be off work in a few hours and will check this error log to see if it shows anything.

So I cleared the error.log, loaded up LOMAC, turned effects to low, fired up a Su25T mission, lit the guns on the ground, then quit out. Here is the error.log contents (Had to edit for length, removed TrackIR info). It appears you are right Tracker, good job! Now, how to fix it? Maybe ED or someone with the knowledge could help me out?

9/13/2005 08:26 V502031740

ParticleEffectPlayer: couldn't load material 'PFXExplFire', falling back to compatibility path ...

ParticleEffectPlayer: couldn't load material 'PFXExplFire2', falling back to compatibility path ...

ParticleEffectPlayer: couldn't load material 'PFXExplFire3', falling back to compatibility path ...

ParticleEffectPlayer: couldn't load material 'PFXExplSmoke', falling back to compatibility path ...

ParticleEffectPlayer: couldn't load material 'PFXExplSmoke2', falling back to compatibility path ...

ParticleEffectPlayer: couldn't load material 'PFXExplSmoke', falling back to compatibility path ...

ParticleEffectPlayer: couldn't load material 'PFXExplFire3', falling back to compatibility path ...

ParticleEffectPlayer: couldn't load material 'PFXExplFire', falling back to compatibility path ...

ParticleEffectPlayer: couldn't load material 'PFXExplFire2', falling back to compatibility path ...

ParticleEffectPlayer: couldn't load material 'PFXExplSmoke2', falling back to compatibility path ...

ParticleEffectPlayer: couldn't load material 'PFXDust', falling back to compatibility path ...

ParticleEffectPlayer: couldn't load material 'PFXDust', falling back to compatibility path ...

ParticleEffectPlayer: couldn't load material 'PFXGunSmoke', falling back to compatibility path ...

Warning: (texture class Graphics::DXFontTexture) must be loaded to step 2, step 1 reported.

DXDefTexture: failed to load knopki.tga, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load pribory-1-39.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

wHumanPlane::Init(InitData): New Flight Model of the Su-25T: Init starting...

wHumanPlane::Init(InitData): New Flight Model Init finished.

LuaExport::LuaExportStart: timeout

LuaExport::LuaExportNextEvent: ./Config/Export/Export.lua:61: attempt to index global `c' (a nil value)

LuaExport::LuaExportStop: ./Config/Export/Export.lua:38: attempt to index global `c' (a nil value)

Warning: (texture class Graphics::DXFontTexture) must be loaded to step 2, step 1 reported.

Should be 9.0c, and the DX errors in the log, do not appear related to the particle effect that isnt loading.

But I havent seen a real good way to uninstall/reinstall.

But like I said, I have reformatted before and still have the same issue.

I am hesitant to really start ripping things out and stuff without some advice from ED on what the errors mean.

Guess I will try reinstalling LOMAC...... again.

I just installed vanilla 1.0, no stutter, no errors in log.

So I am thinking there is some 'tweak' I am installing all the time that is screwing things up.

Still would have been nice to see some official support, especially with the error.log posted. But I guess they are real busy with the patch.

ParticleEffectPlayer: couldn't load material 'PFXExplFire', falling back to compatibility path ..

looks to be self explanatory - these particle effects being called can't be loaded - what reasons for this could there be?

1 - the data doesn't exist

2 - it can't find the data

3 - the data can't be loaded because it's wrong/incompatible or something.

are the particle effects stored as individual files somewhere?

• 8 months later...

support

I just installed vanilla 1.0, no stutter, no errors in log.

So I am thinking there is some 'tweak' I am installing all the time that is screwing things up.

Still would have been nice to see some official support, especially with the error.log posted. But I guess they are real busy with the patch.

It would be nice to declare that there is no such thing called "oficial tech support", if you try to contact them, they just answer you some days later, and they give you as answer a post you can find in any forum... so.. the FORUMS are the official tech support :)

OK, I'm fed up with these mystery bugs, want to ditch playing lomac, but I can't (guess this is the cocaine of pc gaming), now I spent my weed money on 2 gigs of ram, thought to solve the problems, well, as you can guess, it didn't (should've bought 30 grams of fine herb instead :|)

Here's the steamengine I'm running

AMD XP 64 3700+ San Diego (@ 2.36 Ghz)

2.5 Gb of DDR ram, pc3200 (2x1gb dual channel, +1x 512mb)

Radeon 9800XT

Initially I'm getting 60-70 fps on approach in a SFM plane, and 45 in a su-25T, these figures drop to 40 and 24 respectively when there are a few wrecks burning.

Turned off the system's swap, but I still get these fps drops when it gets down to 2-4 fps range and stays there until I quit, or the game hangs, this is usually with the su-25T after a few wrecks. Also, this pheonomena has been encountered by me when looking (in-game) at other F-15/Mig-29/Su-25T/F-18Cs, then it also drops to 2-4 fps for no apparent reason.

Here's my error.log, the thing that concerns me is the "DXDefTexture" error, I don't know how to solve it.

---------------------------------

6/15/2006 21:44 V512091930

Unrecognized command line option: roompassword=

Dispatcher: track version = 512091930

Dispatcher: initial random seed = 687062

Dispatcher: apply random seed = 687062

Cosmos: Mission date assigned - Year:2004, Month:6, Day:22

DXDefTexture: failed to load Noise_Empty.dds, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

Warning: Noise_Empty.dds (texture class Graphics::DXDefTexture) must be loaded to step 1, step 0 reported.

DXDefTexture: failed to load TRAVA-2.TGA, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

View::GetCameraViewAngleLimits: ./Config/View/View.lua:70: attempt to index global `CameraViewAngleLimits' (a nil value)

View::GetCameraViewAngleLimits: ./Config/View/View.lua:70: attempt to index global `CameraViewAngleLimits' (a nil value)

Missed description for Russia in the FUI/EnglishVersion/Common.cfg

Missed description for Ukraine in the FUI/EnglishVersion/Common.cfg

Missed description for USA in the FUI/EnglishVersion/Common.cfg

Missed description for MiG_MINUS__TWO__NINE_A in the FUI/EnglishVersion/Common.cfg

Missed description for MiG_MINUS__TWO__NINE_S in the FUI/EnglishVersion/Common.cfg

Missed description for Su_MINUS__THREE__THREE_ in the FUI/EnglishVersion/Common.cfg

Missed description for Admiral__Kuznetsov in the FUI/EnglishVersion/Common.cfg

Missed description for Su_MINUS__TWO__SEVEN_ in the FUI/EnglishVersion/Common.cfg

Missed description for F_MINUS__ONE__FIVE_C in the FUI/EnglishVersion/Common.cfg

Missed description for A_MINUS__ONE__ZERO_A in the FUI/EnglishVersion/Common.cfg

Missed description for Su_MINUS__TWO__FIVE_T in the FUI/EnglishVersion/Common.cfg

Missed description for M_MINUS__TWO_ in the FUI/EnglishVersion/Common.cfg

Missed description for Buk__LN in the FUI/EnglishVersion/Common.cfg

Missed description for Osa___NINE_A_THREE__THREE___ln in the FUI/EnglishVersion/Common.cfg

Missed description for BMP_MINUS__TWO_ in the FUI/EnglishVersion/Common.cfg

Missed description for _TWO_S_SIX___Tunguska in the FUI/EnglishVersion/Common.cfg

Missed description for Hawk__LN in the FUI/EnglishVersion/Common.cfg

Missed description for S_MINUS__THREE__ZERO__ZERO_PS___FIVE_P_EIGHT__FIVE_C__ln in the FUI/EnglishVersion/Common.cfg

Missed description for Avenger in the FUI/EnglishVersion/Common.cfg

Missed description for Fire in the FUI/EnglishVersion/Common.cfg

Missed description for Crash in the FUI/EnglishVersion/Common.cfg

Missed description for TakeOff in the FUI/EnglishVersion/Common.cfg

Missed description for Landing in the FUI/EnglishVersion/Common.cfg

Missed description for Ejection in the FUI/EnglishVersion/Common.cfg

Missed description for Random in the FUI/EnglishVersion/Common.cfg

Missed description for Gudauta in the FUI/EnglishVersion/Common.cfg

Missed description for Sochi_MINUS_Adler in the FUI/EnglishVersion/Common.cfg

Missed description for Krymsk in the FUI/EnglishVersion/Common.cfg

Missed description for Gelendzhik in the FUI/EnglishVersion/Common.cfg

Missed description for Krasnodar_MINUS_Center in the FUI/EnglishVersion/Common.cfg

Missed description for Maykop in the FUI/EnglishVersion/Common.cfg

-----------------------------

Maybe I should try changing the memory timings in the BIOS, but I don't have any idea what all the settings are, and can't find even one site that explains them all clearly. Help me on this, this is really starting to piss me off.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy: