MTFDarkEagle's "pit"

MTFDarkEagle

UPDATE!

At the moment I'm sitting on a (well spotted by several of you guys!! :D) fairly cheap Ikea chair. The upside: it's cheap and reasonably comfortable. The downside: it moves all over the place.

So, currently I'm planning to build a platform to mount a car seat on (which can move backwards and forwards on slides), which I can somehow secure to my shelf-sort-of-system which has PC in it, and current HOTAS mounted to it.

That'd be a real nice seat to put a box around in the shape of an ejection seat. Definitely more comfortable. Wish there was a junkyard near me. Closest one is around 150 miles away, and the normal person isn't allowed to buy parts like I used to do back home stateside.

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

don't forget the cup holder :)

:D

That'd be a real nice seat to put a box around in the shape of an ejection seat. Definitely more comfortable. Wish there was a junkyard near me. Closest one is around 150 miles away, and the normal person isn't allowed to buy parts like I used to do back home stateside.

I got this on a Dutch ebay kind of website (you know, people advertise second hand stuff) for... FREE!!! It only cost me the petrol for a total of 60 minutes driving :)

The ejection seat is indeed a very nice idea to do in the future!

Here are some scribbles.. You cannot imagine the amount of scribbles in my head :D:joystick:

06012012332.jpg

06012012334.jpg

06012012335.jpg

:D

Here are some scribbles.. You cannot imagine the amount of scribbles in my head :D:joystick:

Ha!

I love this kind of planning - something I do all day at work ( :P ).

But you know that you install with this seat the Business class into the warthog ?!

- normally a common office-car is more comfortable than the real thing! :D

MTF my "PIT" Has the same configuration of your scribble.

Its also done on a car seat (althought a cheap ugly one)

Take a look of how i mounted the seat here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80137&highlight=usmc

The black rails are the seat rails.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

I've been working on a wooden chassis for the seat today (configuration isn't on one of the scribbled pages up here). Due to the car/seat's design, all mounting points of the seat's slides are not exactly parallel. So I've been constructing a wooden chassis to counter it. However: it listens very tightly, because if you somewhat twist the slides they run very rough.

I'll get some pictures up soon, my phone is busy charging right now :)

Another small update.

Here you can see a small scribble from the design, the wheels on the right and tools and a BIG mess :).

10012012343.jpg

Here the progress as for the seat chassis. First stage is getting the bottom of the seat level, which has now been done. The large wooden bord is there to get the correct height.

10012012341.jpg

After that is done I'll move on to the bottom of that "box" (the box to get the correct height), and get a sturdy frame on the inside allong the edges to which I can bolt the wheels. And after that I'm going to cut a planck of wood which sits on the floor and extends to the wall and maybe secure it to the wall "somehow". But that remains to be seen. Maybe that isn't even necessary.

On that wooden bord I'm going to make two small rails with the width of the wheels on the seatchassis. When that's done I'm going to fabricate a way of keeping the seat locked in the back position. The aim of the rail is to slide the seat back into flying position. Given the "cockpit" is in my bedroom I would like to have the maximum amount of space possible when I'm not flying. So, I'm going to fabricate such a contraption that I can slide the seat back, secure it to the floorboard, and I'm in flying position.

That's all for now, next update probably thursday.

Hey MTF, I just realized that you live 5 hours from me. Not much for in the states (when I lived in Spokane, WA... I used to drive to Seattle every other month. 5 hour drive. or, from my folks to my brother, NYC-DC).

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Gentleman. Very good news, it's finished!!!

Here you can see the completed cockpit. Now it's in it's operational position.

15012012352.jpg

And here you can see it sliden forwards to allow acces to the space behind the seat.

15012012351.jpg

Here you can see the "garden fence"-lock which holds the seat in place.

15012012354.jpg

Because the lever to operate the slides was not present on the seat, I had to fashion my own. I used copper piping and bends.

15012012355.jpg

The WH Throttle mounting.

15012012356.jpg

15012012357.jpg

A bit more detail on the WH mounting.

15012012358.jpg

15012012359.jpg

15012012360.jpg

Notice the Saitek Combat Rudder pedals. These are mounted directly to the wooden board on which the seat rolls.

15012012361.jpg

I had to make a small modification to the aluminium mount (which holds the stick and 2nd monitor: namely the monitor had to be raised somewhat.

If you have any questions, please ask. I hope this helps someone to some inspiration!

Cheers!

Truly excellent.:thumbup:

Also was nice to see that your dad is williing to assist in the insanity!:D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

It looks good but wont you apply some varnish or paint to it? It will stick all sorts of dirt if you dont.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

• 5 months later...

Time for a small update :D

Going to make a switch panel simulating the AHCP (in large terms) with a couple of extra switches and pots.

On order is on Leo Bodnar BU0836 board, and the following switches:

1x http://nl.mouser.com/ProductDetail/NKK-Switches/S21AL-RO/?qs=LihysANmw45MURNJleGpcA%3d%3d

(single throw locking toggle)

4x http://nl.mouser.com/ProductDetail/CK-Components/7103K2ZQE/?qs=qUgWstB0J2NDA0dYKGYSIg%3d%3d

(double throw locking toggle)

4x http://www.conrad.nl/ce/nl/product/701163/Tuimelschakelaar-TA203G1-zw-hefboom

3x http://www.conrad.nl/ce/nl/product/701162/Tuimelschakelaar-TA202G1-zw-hefboom

2x http://www.conrad.nl/ce/nl/product/701160/Tuimelschakelaar-TA202F1

1x http://www.conrad.nl/ce/nl/product/701161/Tuimelschakelaar-TA203F1

1x coincentric (derp what a word) rotary encoder from leo bodnar

and a shitload of diodes :D

Luckily there the rest of folks in there already will cushion his landing.

Have fun Lukas!:thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Lukas, just in case you you find some time before the parts arrive and the wiring part thing will start to suck out your live time... (this can be a real Time-vampire and you shouldn't under-estimate this...;))

Have a look at Autohotkey - IMHO : it's the best documented and most capable device scripting software on this planet .

It always severed me well when I thought there is no help any-more...:)

OT and football related:

What gets a Dutchman when he didn't pass his driving licence the second time ?

A yellow registration-plate and a trailer hitch ! :D :megalol::megalol:

Edited by PeterP

Seems another-one slipped into the rabbit hole ....:D

Haha yes quite so :D It's so easily slipped into you know...

Luckily there the rest of folks in there already will cushion his landing.

Have fun Lukas!:thumbup:

:ufo:

Not exactly a cushion.. But.. :P

Lukas, just in case you you find some time before the parts arrive and the wiring part thing will start to suck out your live time... (this can be a real Time-vampire and you shouldn't under-estimate this...;))

Have a look at Autohotkey - IMHO : it's the best documented and most capable device scripting software on this planet .

It always severed me well when I thought there is no help any-more...:)

OT and football related:

What gets a Dutchman when he didn't pass his driving licence the second time ?

A yellow registration-plate and a trailer hitch ! :D :megalol::megalol:

Yes will have a look at autohotkey! Thanks for the advice. I have heard of it, but not used it yet. I'm also considering xpadder, but I'm not convinced yet.

Re football: :D Haha :megalol:

Looking excellent.

:thumbup:

Will keep you guys updated ;)

addition : be aware that Autohotkey doesn't comes with a fancy guy - and is "editor only" - but once you understand the basics of DX controller ID's and the rudimentary language to and differences of "send-event"/"play-event" and also "send-DX-raw" you will be surprised what can be done with it.

- so you can program a rotary that has only one 1-0 to a device that puts out as much commands as you want when you turn it...

And you can also bypass problems X-padder has to send rawDX commands that are not always recognized by DCS , because the timing wasn't right when the script gets more complex...

-- so Autohotkey is actually a own rabbit hole for its own...take care! :)

Edited by PeterP

Haha no worries, I'm very VERY deep into C programming for school at the moment, so I'm not scared for a little bit of programming ;) Will take a look later. Thanks again for the suggestion. Alternative is I suppose "Joytokey". I've been using that a little bit for my FSX flying.

I see- :)

so I hope you can soon answer my questions I still have .. but I use 30 lines of ( unnecessary) code to bypass them !:D

- whatever- I watch your progress with great interest, and I also plan to go the next step after I have polished my controller setup .

Edited by PeterP