US 1Lt/2LT shoulder strap reversed

rssmps

I knew there was something wrong with the straps....

the tga files are labled US-01-1Lt.tga and US-02-2Lt.tga.

they really should be US-02-1Lt.tga and US-01-2Lt.tga.

so the countries.xml file and the actual tga files needs to be renamed.

How is the RAF ranks incorrect? let us know so we can change it.

another one....the purple heart should be awarded only when the pilot dies.... unless you always assume he's hurt after Criterion="600" :)

btw, what exactly is the criterion for ? time? points?

Not sure, Jester_159th e-mailed me replacement ranks that he had done, but I have not had a chance to compare them to original ones or apply the fix to Lockon yet. He had mentioned it in another thread. You could PM him and maybe he can mail to you also?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

RAF junior rank badges (when worn on the sleeve cuff) are made up of half- and quarter-inch stripes. When worn on the shoulder the stripes (although obviously smaller) keep the same relationship to each other size-wise.

The original files had the Pilot Officer rank as a half-inch stripe and the Flying Officer as a half-inch stripe with a quarter inch stripe above it.

The correct rank badges would be a single quarter-inch stripe for the Pilot Officer and a single half-inch stripe for the Flying Officer. From Flight Lieutenant upwards they got it spot on.

Hope that made sense. I can't think of an easier way to explain it.

Like I said to B_R_D when I sent them to him, it's a minor thing. But my family has links with the RAF going right back to it's formation in 1918 (my Grandfather was a pilot in WW1 and was on active duty in France when the RFC and RNAS were amalgamated into the RAF), so I'm a bit of an RAF nut and it irritated the hell out of me. If there's anyone else want's them, I'd be more than happy to pass them on.